Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LIVE! British Airways disruption 15 - 19 July 2022 - Heatwave edition - get help here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LIVE! British Airways disruption 15 - 19 July 2022 - Heatwave edition - get help here

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2022, 9:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by Confus
Bigger seat but no free food. And it’s the Gare de Lyon (rather than Sud) but yes, the brasserie is definitely worth a pit stop.
I stand corrected... Chris
Old Jul 16, 2022, 1:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Hi all,

I was on BA777 (ARN to LHR) today. It was supposed to arrive in London at 13:00 but was over 4 hours late (landed around 17:30 - also an extra delay waiting for a stand at LHR, but that's not BA's fault...). The service was supposed to be 'Iberia for British Airways' but the pilot said there was a fault with the scheduled aircraft ("there was a burst water pipe onboard") - a reserve crew was drafted in from their homes and it ended up being BA metal/crew after all. I bought the ticket from BA and have a BA flight number.

May I ask for advice - I assume that I need to submit by delay compensation claim to BA rather than Iberia in this instance? I don't want to be passed between the two companies.

Many thanks.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 1:22 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by berkshirebound
Hi all,

I was on BA777 (ARN to LHR) today. It was supposed to arrive in London at 13:00 but was over 4 hours late (landed around 17:30 - also an extra delay waiting for a stand at LHR, but that's not BA's fault...).
Sorry I can’t help but with your question, but delays waiting for stands can be BA’s fault at Heathrow and Gatwick. If you are waiting fo someone to turn on the stand guidance for example that is a BA person.
becks1 and berkshirebound like this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 1:24 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
Deleted:- duplicate post.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 1:37 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
May I ask for advice - I assume that I need to submit by delay compensation claim to BA rather than Iberia in this instance? I don't want to be passed between the two companies.
All of that delay appears to be under BA operations even if an IB wet lease was involved. So that seems like a valid claim. For the record here are the dispatch details. ZY in there means the delay was caused on the previous sector LHR to ARN, but you knew that already.

Code:
DOBA777/16JUL
* OPERATIONAL FLIGHT INFO *            BA 777    0 SA 16JUL22   
CITY INFO                                       HOUR (LOCAL)  

ARN  ESTIMATED TIME OF DEPARTURE                1527            
     LEFT THE GATE                              1554            
     TOOK OFF                                   1605            
     DELAY ZY                                                   
     ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL                  1717     LHR    
LHR  AIRCRAFT LANDED                            1708            
     ARRIVED                                    1732
berkshirebound likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
All of that delay appears to be under BA operations even if an IB wet lease was involved. So that seems like a valid claim. For the record here are the dispatch details. ZY in there means the delay was caused on the previous sector LHR to ARN, but you knew that already.
Originally Posted by lcylocal
Delays waiting for stands can be BA’s fault at Heathrow and Gatwick. If you are waiting fo someone to turn on the stand guidance for example that is a BA person.
Thanks both for your advice/comments, it's appreciated.
salut0 and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold
When is T3 security opening these days ? I’ve seen 0500 and 0445 in a couple of places. And is it like the launch of a pop single and queued out the door by then? (On a Sunday morning first wave departure)
Old Jul 16, 2022, 2:20 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Setting the scene for Saturday

Originally scheduled BA prime departures from LHR, no services held overnight = 329 flights
Cancelled in advance = 85
Operating services = 244, compared to 264 yesterday
Here is an unpdate for 21:00 hrs today.
- No extra cancellations on the day, though presumably they were sorely tempted to do so over the ARN service problems.
- All 244 services ran
- 115 services delayed beyond 15 minutes
- a further 10 services tonight are expected to be delayed, so 125 in all
- So 51% of flights are going to be late today, or thereabouts.
- That's pretty bad, though an improvement on yesterday, which had 20 more flights than today.

Longest delays today
BA0792 LHRGOT 16:40 18:41 02:01
BA1368 LHRINV 14:30 16:46 02:16
BA0644 LHRKLX 14:00 16:28 02:28
BA0726 LHRGVA 08:20 11:58 03:38
BA0776 LHRARN 07:00 11:14 04:14
So not so many of the really long delays.
becks1 and 86BA7 like this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 2:46 pm

Hi all,

I was on BA777 (ARN to LHR) today. It was supposed to arrive in London at 13:00 but was over 4 hours late (landed around 17:30 - also an extra delay waiting for a stand at LHR, but that's not BA's fault...). The service was supposed to be 'Iberia for British Airways' but the pilot said there was a fault with the scheduled aircraft ("there was a burst water pipe onboard") - a reserve crew was drafted in from their homes and it ended up being BA metal/crew after all. I bought the ticket from BA and have a BA flight number.

Many thanks.
You claim from BA as it clearly stated its a BA flight operated using a plane leased in from Iberia
Old Jul 16, 2022, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by tinkicker
When is T3 security opening these days ? I’ve seen 0500 and 0445 in a couple of places. And is it like the launch of a pop single and queued out the door by then? (On a Sunday morning first wave departure)
to answer my own question : normal security opened 0430. No sign of fast track. Joining the Q at 0435 it took 35 mins to get through,

On the way in the BA and KLM /AF check in area were to the doors by 0400 though as the desks don’t open till 0430 the flow was hard to judge.

if you’re travelling on one of the pre 7am departures with bags and don’t have status it’s likely to be a challenge. Without bags you can prob still do ~90 mins before but it could be tight.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 10:36 pm

Programs: DL DM-2MM, BA Gold, A3 Gold, AF Plat
T5 this am

I am arriving at T5 from BSL around 8:30am connecting to a US flight with plenty of time. Has anyone seen what First Wing looks like this am? I am wondering if it is best to exit to the Terminal and do First Wing entry rather than go straight through security upon arrival. Tks.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 1:57 am
Original Poster

Sunday's AM report

Scheduled for today originally = 339, so 10 more than Saturday
No flights held overnight
Cancelled in advance = 96
Operating services = 243, Saturday was 244

Pre cancelled includes 3 flights for ABZ, BCN, BHD, CDG, CPH, MXP and ZRH. 4 flights to JER and MUC, 5 flights to NCE.
longhauls cancelled are ABV, BAH, DXB, EWR, IAH, JFK, JNB, SEA. SFO.

So far today more services have departed early than late.
salut0 and alex67500 like this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 2:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
T-5 check in a few minutes ago, the agent mentioned that baggage handling services are definitely expected to be disrupted later today and over the next two or three days due to this heat emergency. Temperatures may be out of safely limits for ramp workers. It seems they are at least being proactive (truthful) and cautioning people about it.

She mentioned this after I politely told her when asked I wouldn’t be checking anything today, carry on only as I’ve had a bag missing since 1 July with absolutely no communication from BA on it. She seemed shocked. And then agreed hand baggage where possible is the best option.

First wing security was a breeze, Maybe 5 people there when I went thru.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 2:50 am

I've just taken myself off a flight departing LHR this morning. First time in my life that I've done that but with 3 cancelled flights and 1 long delay in the last 10 days, two delayed bags (delayed for a week each) shortly before that, and no prospect whatsoever that if I take this flight, a tight subsequence sequence of 3 further flights over the next 3 days will work out well (or at all), my appetite for risk is at an all time low.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 3:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by gmt4
T-5 check in a few minutes ago, the agent mentioned that baggage handling services are definitely expected to be disrupted later today and over the next two or three days due to this heat emergency. Temperatures may be out of safely limits for ramp workers. It seems they are at least being proactive (truthful) and cautioning people about it.
That’s weird. We got this email yesterday before our LHR-GLA flight tonight:

Thanks for choosing to fly with us. As your flight tomorrow is busy, we'd like to invite you to check-in your hand baggage free of charge. You can do this at any Bag Drop desk beforesecurity. You can check your baggage allowance at ba.com. Make sure you keep essential items with you. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you at Heathrow Terminal 5.”
adrianlondon likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.