Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LIVE! British Airways disruption 15 - 19 July 2022 - Heatwave edition - get help here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LIVE! British Airways disruption 15 - 19 July 2022 - Heatwave edition - get help here

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2022, 9:57 am

Programs: British Airways
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I've been speculating about this offline, and it is just speculation. The potential issue I could see for Tuesday is that if the temperature does get to 40c - a record - then one could hardly expect the depleted ramp workforce to go at full speed, and nor would anyone want that. Ditto the technical staff at the hangars. So I think there is a high risk of delays. And A380s unfortunately seem to be unreliable in any weather at the moment after they were sent to WFH in the desert during that pandemic thing.

If it was me, and I really wouldn't mind moving to Wednesday (usually a quiet day) I would certainly be tempted, but really it's difficult to read the runes at this point.
Thank you for your anwer, I can handle a long delay, I can't handle a cancellation and can't move to wednesday as got meetings in Dallas, otherwise i would, fingers crossed!
Old Jul 15, 2022, 10:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Diamond, IHG Diamond
And that INDN suggests Industrial Action and no compensation. Sometimes they have used that code to mean the airport has shut up shop, so GAL in this case. I can see some old strikes listed here for BOD but nothing that sounds lined up for demain.

https://www.cestlagreve.fr/
Thanks corporate-wage-slave, I guess this will be another long slog with BA’s deny and delay policy before a CEDR claim then!
Old Jul 15, 2022, 10:11 am

Programs: BA Silver
Red face

Thank you CWS for starting this tread.....most helpful for future reference!!
jonkx likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 10:38 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
And that INDN suggests Industrial Action and no compensation. Sometimes they have used that code to mean the airport has shut up shop, so GAL in this case. I can see some old strikes listed here for BOD but nothing that sounds lined up for demain.

https://www.cestlagreve.fr/
Great website! Quite telling about the number of grèves planned in France...

You will see that there was a planned strike for 8th to 11th of July, and if it was a "mouvement reconductible", it could have carried on. But if the OP takes it to CEDR, BA will have to prove that it was the case even for demain.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 12:42 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Midday update
BA services originally planned to depart today = 381

BA services cancelled 111 (pre-planned)
BA services cancelled today 6
Percent services cancelled 31%

BA operating services 264
Delayed departures so far today 26
Expected to be delayed later today 49
Percent delayed or expected to be delayed 28%
19:00 update - no new cancellations, so the 6 done earlier were primarily due to the early morning diversions by the look of it. Mind you, BA were only operating a mid week November scale of operation in July, and the weather today is reasonably sensible.

Delays - fairly bad
BA operating services 264 (one of which is a Geneva flight from yesterday, rebooked and operated today)
Delayed departures so far today 149
Expected to be delayed later today 18
Percent delayed or expected to be delayed 63%

The worst delays I've picked up are:
BA1446 LHREDI 13:15 Departed late 15:39 02:24
BA1306 LHRABZ 08:50 Departed late 11:20 02:30
BA1476 LHRGLA 10:10 Departed late 12:45 02:35
BA0287 LHRSFO 14:05 Departed late 16:46 02:41
BA0612 LHRPSA 12:00 Departed late 14:42 02:42
BA0119 LHRBLR 14:15 Departed late 17:15 03:00
BA0484 LHRBCN 09:05 Departed late 12:12 03:07
BA1350 LHRNQY 10:10 Departed late 14:24 04:14

Not sure why NQY was so late, I'm guessing they did want to run this service but it was originally lined up to a diverted aircraft but that's speculation on my part.

Normally LHR calms down from this point in the evening, there will be less pressure on resources from this point on.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 12:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Our flight tonight is at least an hour late. So bored of this right now. At least it wasn't the flight last night which was over 3 hours late, dumping poor folk into Budapest at nearly 4am...
becks1 likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 1:49 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Setting the scene for Saturday

Originally scheduled BA prime departures from LHR, no services held overnight = 329 flights
Cancelled in advance = 85
Operating services = 244, compared to 264 yesterday

Pre-cancelled includes 3 services for ABZ, BCN, BER, EDI, GVA, LYS; and 4 flights for DUB, 5 for NCE.
Longhauls being BOS, DFW, SAN, IAH, IAD, JNB , DXB, KWi - 1 each; and 2 x JFK.

LCA left 76 minutes late, ARN has a 2 hour 40 minute delay posted.
aks120, wtcmor, becks1 and 2 others like this.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Jul 16, 2022 at 2:06 am
Old Jul 16, 2022, 1:51 am

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
Setting the scene for Saturday

Originally scheduled BA prime departures from LHR 3, no services held overnight = 329 flights
Cancelled in adavance = 85
Operating services = 244, compared to 264 yesterday

Pre-cancelled includes 3 services for ABZ, BCN, BER, EDI, GVA, LYS; and 4 flights for DUB, 5 for NCE. Longhauls being BOS, DFW, SAN, IAH, IAD, JNB , DXB, KWi - 1 each; and 2 x JFK.

LCA left 76 minutes late, ARN has a 2 hour 40 minute delay posted.
You are simply a star thank you
Old Jul 16, 2022, 7:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, Avis President
Best to use the Eurostar for the rest of the summer...even if it costs more and takes longer.

If going to Nice, the trip on a double deck TGV through scenic France at 200 mph is well worth it. Go 1st class and I think lunch is thrown in...check that though...

The Blue restaurant at Gare d'sud is amazing and great start to the journey...

Chris
adrianlondon and becks1 like this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 8:38 am

Programs: BAEC, Krisflyer
Originally Posted by cameramaker
Does anyone have the code/reason why BA2786 LGW-BOD on 16/07 was cancelled at 16:45 on 14/07 please?
I am in SW France at the moment. Heard about flight issues on local radio this morning. Wondered whether it was to do with forest fires as some are very close to airport, so I checked Airport website. There is a strike today with ground handling company.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 8:45 am

BCN-LHR flight cancelled on Monday 18JUL
No other options available to LHR.
Have accepted rebook to LGW operated by Vueling with a BA flight number.
My predicament is my car is at LHR. Can I bill BA for a taxi to LHR in order to collect?
Old Jul 16, 2022, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by Chris_G
Go 1st class and I think lunch is thrown in...check that though...

The Blue restaurant at Gare d'sud is amazing and great start to the journey...
Bigger seat but no free food. And it’s the Gare de Lyon (rather than Sud) but yes, the brasserie is definitely worth a pit stop.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
My predicament is my car is at LHR. Can I bill BA for a taxi to LHR in order to collect?
They won’t pay for a taxi but may cover the coach transfer (which realistically only takes 10-15min more anyway and is perfectly comfortable). If it was a recent cancellation I’d ask at arrivals services as they’ve been known to give out vouchers for it, but if not then pay and claim.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
You can bill BA for the cost of going from LGW to LHR, it's not specifically for car collection. Taxis are supposedly limited to £50 guideline per person, public transport would be a straight refund.

In the case of Vueling, just check - if you haven't got a new booking - it's not cheaper to have a refund and book yourself!

BA483 is showing ARPN.
becks1 likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 9:24 am

You can bill BA for the cost of going from LGW to LHR, it's not specifically for car collection. Taxis are supposedly limited to £50 guideline per person, public transport would be a straight refund.

In the case of Vueling, just check - if you haven't got a new booking - it's not cheaper to have a refund and book yourself!

BA483 is showing ARPN.
Thanks for the info. Will submit expense as a return to origin. Have baggage and with the best will in the world Im not doing public transport any furthrt beyond arrival at Gatwick on what is billed to be the hottest day of the year. No as I was booked on a cheapie BA L clsss with baggage originally. Reprotected into H class with baggage.
Thanks for your assistance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.