Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New flexibility for BA flights departing (LHR?) to 25 July

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New flexibility for BA flights departing (LHR?) to 25 July

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2022, 5:48 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Generally Monday, Friday, Saturday mornings, plus key dates around school holidays. After 15:00 hrs, and excepting Fridays, T5 is usually calm. One hour connections - if you are under 1 hour at the e-gates then you need to get to the security scan point before you get to the 35 minute stage. If the First Wing is definitely open this is quite do-able, but less so if it's closed and South Fast Track is also backed up. Hence this route is better for longer connections than 1 hour.
Thank you very much, as always. I think we might be okay on a Thursday morning (18/8), assuming DUB-LHR is on time and the First Wing is open.

As a tangential point, would be great to buy you a beverage at some point to thank you for all your help over the years. Might be doable as we are both Newcastle based. PM me if interested
prof likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 5:59 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Radiation Station
Thank you very much, as always. I think we might be okay on a Thursday morning (18/8), assuming DUB-LHR is on time and the First Wing is open.
I should have asked for the route, and in your case it is a significant factor. Above you mention it is DUB-LHR, which gives you a quick way landside, no e-gates and what-not. So that tends more to a landside connection if you arrive on time and your departing flight is on time or late.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Generally Monday, Friday, Saturday mornings, plus key dates around school holidays. After 15:00 hrs, and excepting Fridays, T5 is usually calm. One hour connections - if you are under 1 hour at the e-gates then you need to get to the security scan point before you get to the 35 minute stage. If the First Wing is definitely open this is quite do-able, but less so if it's closed and South Fast Track is also backed up. Hence this route is better for longer connections than 1 hour.
Help !

I'm due to fly with our family on 25th Jul 16:00 BA0450 Lhr to PMI for our 3 week holiday, we received the mail yesterday and option to change flights. The first week of our hol is staying with family so relatively flexible (only impact 1 day less usage of rental car..).

Curious on the potential need or benefit to change flight to +1 day to possibly Tuesday..

I don't fancy receiving short notification of cancelled flight..
Today I can see c 54% of the 180 seats in Economy are reserved..

Any expert's / or knowledgeable advice?
Old Jul 14, 2022, 11:32 am
HNS

Programs: Flying Blue, SPG, Marriott Rewards, Delta SkyMiles
What happens if the outbound is before the 25 and the return is after? Can you change both?
Old Jul 14, 2022, 11:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by HNS
What happens if the outbound is before the 25 and the return is after? Can you change both?
the whole booking is covered in that case.
  • All BA sectors in a booking can be changed as long at least one of the BA sectors is within the ticket travel dates above [11 July up until 25 July 2022]
HNS likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 11:44 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Rddx001
I'm due to fly with our family on 25th Jul 16:00 BA0450 Lhr to PMI for our 3 week holiday, we received the mail yesterday and option to change flights. The first week of our hol is staying with family so relatively flexible (only impact 1 day less usage of rental car..).

Curious on the potential need or benefit to change flight to +1 day to possibly Tuesday..
I think your best bet is to look at the events over this weekend, this Monday, Tuesday when LHR faces a potentially stern test if temperatures do indeed hit 39c as currently forecast. At some point staff won't be able to work at full pelt outside humping equipment around, and I think we may all have some sympathy at this. This may in turn cause yet another round of problems, albeit hopefully one off. It may then cause HAL / BA to rethink things again. I should reiterate that T5 has not actually had too many problems in all of this, it's just that HAL needs to pillage the T5 workforce to keep T2 and T3 going. If BA/HAL gets through this weekend ok-ish then I would stick to Monday. Tuesday is usually a quieter day, often the quietest weekday but that is all that I can say. The rest really is crystal ball stuff, and genuinely that email was really for people who really can move things around to mutual benefit, you don't come across quite in that category. Most people are flying mostly ok, even now, even if that is damnation by the faintest of praises.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Alas, I booked with Finnair because it was cheaper (significantly) than the BA codeshare on the LHR-HEL route. My precognition was not working well.

Other Oneworld carriers (checked Finnair. Iberia, Qatar, AA) don't seem to be offering a change policy like this yet (though AA has a free change policy anyway).
Old Jul 15, 2022, 2:20 am

Does anyone know if the “same destination point” allows for 300mile changes with BA.

If so, can this be done online or only through phone?

Cheers
Old Jul 15, 2022, 2:22 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by easterlywinds
Does anyone know if the “same destination point” allows for 300mile changes with BA.

If so, can this be done online or only through phone?

Cheers
If it’s a voluntary change and not due to a cancellation it’s same destination, 300 miles doesn’t apply.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 5:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
I’ve been rebooked onto the 17.40 PMI-LHR today -after the 20.20 was cancelled. I have no seat number and cannot check in/or select a seat in CE. Should I be getting worried?
Old Jul 15, 2022, 2:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Ned1968
Just received this email from BA - looks like vouchers or rebooking for up to 12 months time are available again for flights departing in the next 12 days

Dear Customer,

We are getting in touch as you are due to travel with us on or before the 25 July 2022.

You may have seen in the news that airports across the world have imposed restrictions on the number of flights that airlines can operate. This week Heathrow Airport has set a passenger limit per day until September 2022. As a result, they have told us to adjust our flying schedule to reduce the number of customers using the airport this summer.

We understand that some customers may want to review their travel plans in light of the current travel challenges. We want to be as flexible as possible so that you can move your flights if you wish.

If you are due to travel between now and the 25 July 2022 and you wish to change your flights, we have introduced a policy that will allow you to easily change your travel dates via our website. This means you can rebook onto a British Airways operated service free of charge to any date within the next 12 months of your original date of travel, subject to availability.

You can do this simply by logging into your booking here

Alternatively, if you decide that you no longer wish to travel, you can request a voucher for the value of your booking and when you are ready to use your voucher to book new flights, you can do so online. The voucher will be valid for travel before the 30 September 2023.

To request a voucher, click here

If you have booked via a travel agent, please contact them directly to discuss your options.

If your flight is part of a British Airways Holidays package, you can review your options here

Thank you for your continued patience and understanding.

British Airways
Although the BA email states that a voucher can be requested, when I tried to request a voucher for a flight departing from LHR on 17 July, the system stated that vouchers are not available for reward (i.e. Avios) bookings, which that booking is. Any thoughts?
Old Jul 16, 2022, 2:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Delta Plat
The 10th July ticketing data is not enforced. Just moved a few bookings I just made to other dates....
Old Jul 16, 2022, 3:46 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by braiden9
The 10th July ticketing data is not enforced. Just moved a few bookings I just made to other dates....
Avios or cash?
Old Jul 17, 2022, 12:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, Delta Plat
Originally Posted by Radiation Station
Avios or cash?
Avios
Old Jul 17, 2022, 12:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, Eurostar CB, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by braiden9
Wow that was lucky! Didn't work for me.. suppose can't really complain

​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.