Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New flexibility for BA flights departing (LHR?) to 25 July

Old Jul 13, 2022, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club and OnBusiness

Just received this email from BA - looks like vouchers or rebooking for up to 12 months time are available again for flights departing in the next 12 days

Dear Customer,

We are getting in touch as you are due to travel with us on or before the 25 July 2022.

You may have seen in the news that airports across the world have imposed restrictions on the number of flights that airlines can operate. This week Heathrow Airport has set a passenger limit per day until September 2022. As a result, they have told us to adjust our flying schedule to reduce the number of customers using the airport this summer.

We understand that some customers may want to review their travel plans in light of the current travel challenges. We want to be as flexible as possible so that you can move your flights if you wish.

If you are due to travel between now and the 25 July 2022 and you wish to change your flights, we have introduced a policy that will allow you to easily change your travel dates via our website. This means you can rebook onto a British Airways operated service free of charge to any date within the next 12 months of your original date of travel, subject to availability.

You can do this simply by logging into your booking here

Alternatively, if you decide that you no longer wish to travel, you can request a voucher for the value of your booking and when you are ready to use your voucher to book new flights, you can do so online. The voucher will be valid for travel before the 30 September 2023.

To request a voucher, click here

If you have booked via a travel agent, please contact them directly to discuss your options.

If your flight is part of a British Airways Holidays package, you can review your options here

Thank you for your continued patience and understanding.

British Airways
the810 and becks1 like this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 1:06 pm

Programs: BAEC
Do we know whether "This means you can rebook onto a British Airways operated service [...]" includes the ability to change origin or destination (not expecting to be able to swap LHR-AMS for LHR-JFK or anything stupid, obviously).
Old Jul 13, 2022, 1:11 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
So BWC is back with a vengeance.

I will link in the CB4D thread here, though this is clearly a separate offer on top of CB4D
"Potential Service Disruption" - What could that mean?
orbitmic, Ned1968 and Tredders like this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 1:11 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by xarantine
Do we know whether "This means you can rebook onto a British Airways operated service [...]" includes the ability to change origin or destination (not expecting to be able to swap LHR-AMS for LHR-JFK or anything stupid, obviously).
no, same route, same cabin, and on BA operated flights. it is basically the ability to change dates.

of course you c an get a FTV and apply the value to any new booking, but you will pay any price difference.
xarantine likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 1:13 pm

This is all well and good but why the 25 July deadline when the entire rest of the Summer 22 schedule is in tatters?

And does this new allowance trump ticket validity deadlines?
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 1:14 pm

For completeness here is the updated policy:Update 2 - 13 July 2022

For customers with a BA-125 ticket issued for a BA mainline operating flight which is still OPERATING

Route affected - Any BA mainline flight
Airports Affected - LHR – all BA flights from LHR (LH+SH)
Tickets issued by - Up to and including 10 July 2022
Ticket travel dates - 11 July 2022 up until 25th July 2022 Inc

Rebooking Allowance

For new travel inside +/-180 days
Rebook onto a British Airways operated service on the same routing into the same class as the original flight or lowest available in the same cabin.

For new travel outside +/-180 days
Rebook onto a British Airways operated service on the same routing into the same class as the original flight only

Origin/Destination/Stopover Changes
Only a change of airports in the same point of origin/destination

Refunds Allowed
No – unless fare rules allow

Redemptions included
Yes

Available for Trade
Yes

Important Information
  • One ticket change allowed from the above options
  • All BA sectors in a booking can be changed as long at least one of the BA sectors is within the ticket travel dates above.
  • Any changes to non-BA sectors will need to be requoted and any possible fare difference in fare charged to the customer.
  • Entry or transit restrictions and scheduled services may change at any time.
  • It is essential that clear remarks are added to the PNR to reflect the conversation with the customer and the option that has been accepted.
  • If rebooking please ensure any associated SSR’s are added back to the PNR
  • Any additional expenses incurred are the responsibility of the customer.
  • Adherence to commercial policies/conditions of carriage guidelines remains entirely the responsibility of the user. BA reserves the right to withdraw guidelines at any time
Old Jul 13, 2022, 2:39 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Is there any indications this will actually get better in 10 days time? This is a total disaster. We've just had our third cancellation of a flight, and running out of dates to rebook to get to gold before September 8th. We'd take the Tier Points and not fly if that was an option nowadays, just sick of it, got flight back on Aer lingus now hanging.

And frankly at this point, one more year of BA Status seems useless this is getting towards an airline I really won't book with again.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 2:52 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
KARFA

That revised policy does not seem to include the paragraph:

Alternatively, if you decide that you no longer wish to travel, you can request a voucher for the value of your booking and when you are ready to use your voucher to book new flights, you can do so online. The voucher will be valid for travel before the 30 September 2023.”

This implies broad abilities to cancel yet retain ticket value. BA seems really anxious to tempt us not to fly.
KARFA likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 2:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Minor Datapoint ... I got the email despite not having an LHR departure before 25/7 ( I've an LHR arrival and an LCY departure)
Old Jul 13, 2022, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK
Minor Datapoint ... I got the email despite not having an LHR departure before 25/7 ( I've an LHR arrival and an LCY departure)
You think BA’s IT and email systems can distinguish arrivals from departures and LHR from LCY?!
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 4:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Originally Posted by prof
You think BA’s IT and email systems can distinguish arrivals from departures and LHR from LCY?!
Indeed 😁... I think they can't distinguish between departures and arrivals perhaps ? .. The LCY departure booking ( one way) looks normal and doesn't have any disruption indicators .. the LHR arriving booking ( again a one-way) shows in the "classic" manage my booking with the disruption indication ( giving me more options/info than the " your flight may me disrupted " stuff they added a few days ago).

The actual email was generic text only so didn't give any booking related info
Old Jul 13, 2022, 5:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
we did a BOS-LHR-BLR 2 days ago and Heathrow was chaotic (fwiw, so was BLR). I really feel for the staff on the ground.

We are scheduled to do the return journey in a weeks time or so. Both our flights back are fairly full. I was wondering if BA would be amenable to book us into another OW carrier for our return trip of asked, if that meant getting 2 souls not getting into LHR.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by sometalkofme
we did a BOS-LHR-BLR 2 days ago and Heathrow was chaotic (fwiw, so was BLR). I really feel for the staff on the ground.

We are scheduled to do the return journey in a weeks time or so. Both our flights back are fairly full. I was wondering if BA would be amenable to book us into another OW carrier for our return trip of asked, if that meant getting 2 souls not getting into LHR.
I can't see anything in the rebooking policies that allow that as a free change.
Auto Enthusiast and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 12:56 am

Programs: BAEC
BAH bookings up to the end of September have additional flexibility.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/british-airways-holidays?

I concur with the views above, they do appear keen to shift some passengers, presumably to avoid having to cancel.

Flying on the 25th, I will become hulk like if that goes wonky!
Old Jul 14, 2022, 1:36 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
I also received this email, I assume because my ticket falls into the dates above and was an LHR departure.

Unfortunately I won't be taking advantage as I have already flown the out bound and am relying on the inbound operating as intended to get me home. Unless BA is willing to pay for extra hotel nights for the foreseeable? In which case I will happily extend my holiday

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.