Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New flexibility for BA flights departing (LHR?) to 25 July

New flexibility for BA flights departing (LHR?) to 25 July

Old Jul 17, 22, 2:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Is there any significance to the end date of 25th July? Is there an expectation that the situation will be better by then or is it more a case of let’s see what things are like and roll it forward if need be?
Old Jul 17, 22, 2:33 am

Programs: BA, Alaska, AA, KLM, Delta
Because my tickets were paid for before June 7, I had the option to rebook subject to fare difference as I recall without a change fee. My return is before July 25 - if I change my return per the new offer terms, does that cancel the pre June 7 booking non change fee option? Am I mixing apples and oranges or put another way, how to reconcile these 2 options if possible?
Old Jul 17, 22, 2:44 am

BA Chat team at it's best

In one chat....

1) No such policy exists... goes to check
2) Policy exists but can't change return leg so outbound would be after return... goes to check
3) Policy exists but has to keep same duration.... refuses to go and check
Old Jul 17, 22, 2:48 am

Programs: BA GGL (98% to Lifetime Gold), SPG convert from IHG (and Marriott fan now!)
Originally Posted by AFamilyflyer View Post
In one chat....

1) No such policy exists... goes to check
2) Policy exists but can't change return leg so outbound would be after return... goes to check
3) Policy exists but has to keep same duration.... refuses to go and check

dnajockey and alex67500 like this.
Old Jul 19, 22, 11:20 am

Programs: BA, Alaska, AA, KLM, Delta
Bump...any input on query?

Originally Posted by testycal View Post
Because my tickets were paid for before June 7, I had the option to rebook subject to fare difference as I recall without a change fee. My return is before July 25 - if I change my return per the new offer terms, does that cancel the pre June 7 booking non change fee option? Am I mixing apples and oranges or put another way, how to reconcile these 2 options if possible?
Old Jul 19, 22, 11:53 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by testycal View Post
Best not to put text in the Title field - it's not visible on all versions of FT, which then makes it odd to work out what has happened.

But if you get reticketed from this point on, you lose BWC, but may be able to avail of CB4D, the policy in this thread. Now if this is the final change you could make, and it's the return leg, then you can go ahead under either policy and you will be fine if this is the end of the matter. BWC gives you the option of a voucher refund, so if you rebook you lose that option probably permanently. I say probably, since your fare rules also come into play too here. So it depends on the details and all the various scenarios that I can only guess, but if you change your ticket such that it is a voluntary reissue then you probably lose at least some BWC protections. And this is also contingent on your ticket being valid for CB4D.
Old Jul 20, 22, 12:43 am

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Does anybody know if this is likely to be extended? Due to fly on 30th and could really do with a change!
Old Jul 20, 22, 7:39 am

Anyone know if the policy as detailed here is accurate for flights up to 30th September?

https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/0...a-flexibility/

Flying between 26th July and 30th September?

Anyone with a booking up to the 30th September is eligible to cancel and request a Future Travel Voucher for free. This voucher is valid for travel until the 30th September 2023.
I have a trip on the 5th August which I'd rather not take, however it's complicated as it used up an Avios upgrade voucher. I can cancel it with no worries, but I'm wondering if there might be any way to use the FTV to move it to next year. I'm assuming not though, as I guess the FTV would just contain the taxes / Avios aspect, and not the Avios upgrade voucher.
Old Jul 22, 22, 10:41 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Still no extention of CB4D beyond 25 July at the moment.

However there have been some clarifications for those disrupted until 27 July, where there is clearly a bonkers situation when inventory can't be used due to HAL's edicts, but there are seats available, but agents are struggling to put disrupted travellers into these empty seats.

So waitlisting is now allowed - you can be rebooked in a lower cabin than normal but waitlisted at the highest booking class (F, J, W) for any late switches
Also economy booking class G is being used to help with this, New bookings can't be made into this booking class, which is usually available to groups, staff and BAH travel - they will be cancelled - but existing passengers can be moved into G and waitlisted if appropriate.
sammyg901 likes this.
Old Jul 22, 22, 2:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold
This has now been extended to August 7th, per BA homepage
Old Jul 22, 22, 2:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, Eurostar CB, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz President Circle
Does the option to take evoucher apply to redemptions as well as revenue tickets? And if so, is it fairly safe to assume that an avios evoucher is most likely going to just be a full refund since they stopped issuing avios tickets to vouchers a while ago?
Old Jul 22, 22, 3:11 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I think reward bookings are just refunded.
Old Jul 22, 22, 3:18 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA CCR, BA LTG, BA GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
We would now like to advise that customers flying from London Heathrowbeginning 26 July up to and including 07 August 2022 will receive a proactive communication outlining various rebooking options available should they wish to change their travel plans and to encourage them to contact their travel agent.

In light of this, the following updates have been made to our flexible booking policies:

Customers travelling on a short-haul flight from Heathrow, including a connecting flight (Book Away Policy)

Customers who are travelling on a short-haul flight (UK or Europe) from Heathrow, and including customers with a long-haul to short-haul connection, e.g. JFK-LHR-CDG, between 26 July and 07 August 2022 inclusive, who wish to change their flights, can be rebooked onto another British Airways operated service free of charge, to any date within the next 12-months of the original date of travel, subject to availability.

Customers travelling on any British Airways operated flight from Heathrow (Heathrow Capacity Restrictions Trade Policy)

Customers whose bookings were ticketed after 08 June 2022, for travel completed by 30 September 2022, who no longer wish to travel, are eligible to retain the value of their ticket in the form of a voucher.

For any customer with a booking ticketed prior to 08 June 2022, for travel completed by 30 September 2022, please refer to our book with confidence policy.

If a customer’s flight is cancelled, they can request a full refund as per our standard customer guidelines.

For customers who wish to travel as planned, please be advised that Heathrow is limiting the acceptance of checked baggage to 3-hours prior to the departure of long-haul services, and 2-hours for short-haul. Customers travelling in our First, Club World or Club Europe Cabins, Silver Executive Club Members (oneworld Sapphire) or above, and customers who require special assistance are exempt from this restriction.
Guidelines for CB4D (customer booking for disruption) has been activated - Customer Guidelines
Answer Id 8859 | Updated 23/07/2022 01.38 PM (BST)

Update 5 - 22 July 2022

For customers with a BA-125 ticket issuedfor any booking that contains at least one BA mainline operating flight which is still OPERATING

Route affected

Any BA mainline flight

Airports Affected

LHR – all BA operated flights from LHR (LH+SH)

Tickets issued by

Up to and including 10 July 2022
Up to 22 July 2022 for SH only

Ticket travel dates

11 July up until 25th July 2022 inclusive
26 July 2022 to 07 Aug 2022 inclusive for SH only

Rebooking Allowance

For new travel inside +/-180 days
Rebook onto a British Airways operated service on the same routing into the same class as the original flight or lowest available in the same cabin.
If rebooking BA*Codeshare as part of the same itinerary, must rebook onto a BA*same codeshare carrier as original on the same routing into the same class as original

For new travel outside +/-180 days up to system range
Rebook onto a British Airways operated service on the same routing into the same class as the original flight only
If rebooking BA*Codeshare as part of the same itinerary, must rebook onto a BA* same codeshare carrier as original on the same routing into the same class as original

Origin/Destination/Stopover Changes

Only a change of airports in the same point of origin/destination

Refunds Allowed

No – unless fare rules allow

Redemptions included

Yes

Available for Trade

Yes

Important Information
  • One ticket change allowed from the above options
  • All BA operated sectors in a booking can be changed if at least one of the BA operated sectors is eligible above. The other BA sectors can be outside of the dates and either to or from LHR.
  • Any changes to non-BA operated sectors will need to be requoted and any possible fare difference charged to the customer.
  • Entry or transit restrictions and scheduled services may change at any time.
  • It is essential that clear remarks are added to the PNR to reflect the conversation with the customer and the option that has been accepted.
  • If rebooking please ensure any associated SSR’s are added back to the PNR
  • Any additional expenses incurred are the responsibility of the customer.
  • Adherence to commercial policies/conditions of carriage guidelines remains entirely the responsibility of the user. BA reserves the right to withdraw guidelines at any time

Last edited by rjn21; Jul 23, 22 at 8:10 am
Old Jul 22, 22, 3:43 pm

And this policy extension to CB4D has now kicked in to bookings on the new dates.
Old Jul 23, 22, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
And this policy extension to CB4D has now kicked in to bookings on the new dates.
Important note - this is not CB4D as before, at least for avios flights. They can now only be rebooked to other flights with avios availability, whereas before they had the disruption switch and could be rebooked to any flight with availability in your cabin.

Search this Thread