FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New flexibility for BA flights departing (LHR?) to 25 July
Old Jul 14, 2022, 11:44 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Rddx001
I'm due to fly with our family on 25th Jul 16:00 BA0450 Lhr to PMI for our 3 week holiday, we received the mail yesterday and option to change flights. The first week of our hol is staying with family so relatively flexible (only impact 1 day less usage of rental car..).

Curious on the potential need or benefit to change flight to +1 day to possibly Tuesday..
I think your best bet is to look at the events over this weekend, this Monday, Tuesday when LHR faces a potentially stern test if temperatures do indeed hit 39c as currently forecast. At some point staff won't be able to work at full pelt outside humping equipment around, and I think we may all have some sympathy at this. This may in turn cause yet another round of problems, albeit hopefully one off. It may then cause HAL / BA to rethink things again. I should reiterate that T5 has not actually had too many problems in all of this, it's just that HAL needs to pillage the T5 workforce to keep T2 and T3 going. If BA/HAL gets through this weekend ok-ish then I would stick to Monday. Tuesday is usually a quieter day, often the quietest weekday but that is all that I can say. The rest really is crystal ball stuff, and genuinely that email was really for people who really can move things around to mutual benefit, you don't come across quite in that category. Most people are flying mostly ok, even now, even if that is damnation by the faintest of praises.