Community
Wiki Posts
Search

30 Mar : [Another] BA Global IT outage

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2022, 9:02 am

Programs: BA Blue, Qatar Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BOH
But if it is affecting BA global operations, ie the ability of planes at outstations to return to the UK (see above post about someone stuck on a plane in TLV that cannot return) then it doesn't matter if is "just some issues at T5". If T5 is where 80% + of BA's flights start from and return to, I would say that the issue is pretty global?
Well it isn't a global IT outage per say.. the T5 issues are causing A/C overseas (as in they don't want them backing up more than they are at LHR)... As in, there is not an IT outage outside of LHR T5 (BA).

BA trying to downplay it of course!
SxMan likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 9:03 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
They REALLY need to come up with a solution in the next weeks. Doesn’t matter how much it costs. This needs to be solved asap as it’s getting worse every few weeks. How can they operate such a terrible service?

Last edited by ermis177; Mar 30, 2022 at 11:28 am
Old Mar 30, 2022, 9:07 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by clarkeysntfc
Big Jet TV saying it's T5 only, not a global outage.
Ah yes, that well known expert of BA's operations, recently heard during those high winds of mid-February excitably claiming, "uh-oh. he's too high, he's waaaay too high" at around 30% of flights coming in to LHR that day. Guess what, in the 30-45 minutes of his TV that I saw, none of the flights he had claimed this about went round again, they all landed safely

Still, if Big Jet TV says it is T5 only then it must be true and the bloke who posted as being stuck on the plane in TLV is wrong - it's T5 only don't you know
Old Mar 30, 2022, 9:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, IHG Spire Ambassador, Accor Silver, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Ryanfozzie
From the BA Press Office - not a global outage. Just some issues at T5....
Well it appears to be impacting Edinburgh - lounge are back to pen and paper to let you in, and advised that there are IT problems that are predominantly impacting LHR flights, but my LCY flight may be impacted or slightly delayed....
becks1 and SxMan like this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 9:13 am

Programs: BA GGL/GfL, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BOH
Ah yes, that well known expert of BA's operations, recently heard during those high winds of mid-February excitably claiming, "uh-oh. he's too high, he's waaaay too high" at around 30% of flights coming in to LHR that day. Guess what, in the 30-45 minutes of his TV that I saw, none of the flights he had claimed this about went round again, they all landed safely  Still, if Big Jet TV says it is T5 only then it must be true and the bloke who posted as being stuck on the plane in TLV is wrong - it's T5 only don't you know 
the bloke at TLV is still going nowhere (me). Cabin crew being proactive and turned on at seat power and distributing snacks
BOH likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 9:16 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Are T3 operations unaffected? I'm flying to OSL in three hours.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 9:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
It's time BA were made to face the music. Endless cost cutting through outsourcing is coming back to bite them on the arse.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 9:24 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Also posted this on another thread as I didn't see this one!
Is this only affecting Terminal 5 LHR? Is Terminal 3 affected? LGW flights have all departed on time both long haul and short haul with the last short haul out today leaving for Amsterdam having taxied early from stand at 1555.
BA Cityflyer also seems not to be affected. Looking at Flight Radar24 BA flights still approaching LHR and landing but nothing appears to be departing.
One exception appears to be BA 374 LHR to Toulouse which left Heathrow at 1603 although 90 minutes late.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 9:32 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Ryanfozzie
From the BA Press Office - not a global outage. Just some issues at T5....
Thank goodness for that. So everyone that says that something is wrong at other airports clearly has unrealistically high service expectations...
HGOLI likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 9:32 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by BOH
Ah yes, that well known expert of BA's operations, recently heard during those high winds of mid-February excitably claiming, "uh-oh. he's too high, he's waaaay too high" at around 30% of flights coming in to LHR that day. Guess what, in the 30-45 minutes of his TV that I saw, none of the flights he had claimed this about went round again, they all landed safely

Still, if Big Jet TV says it is T5 only then it must be true and the bloke who posted as being stuck on the plane in TLV is wrong - it's T5 only don't you know
You're becoming slightly obsessed with Jerry...
Old Mar 30, 2022, 9:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Several flights showing in FR24 as diverting to LGW.

BA2609 from Naples
BA547 from Rome
BA929 from Luqa

EDIT
BA665 from Larnaca
​​​
becks1 likes this.

Last edited by LancashireFlyer; Mar 30, 2022 at 9:41 am
Old Mar 30, 2022, 9:36 am

Programs: BA GGL/GfL, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BONDY
the bloke at TLV is still going nowhere (me). Cabin crew being proactive and turned on at seat power and distributing snacks
Captain had just announced that we should be on our way in the next 25 minutes or so as problems fixed, long haul is being prioritised and we are at the head of the queue!!!
wrp96 and becks1 like this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 9:37 am

At least BA are getting lots of free advertising..
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Heathrow.html
Old Mar 30, 2022, 9:39 am

Programs: BA Exec Club: Gold HHons:Diamond FB:Ivory Accor:Plat Hertz: PC USA:GlobalEntry
16:30pm UK time OLCI isn't working for flight I have tomorrow...
becks1 likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 9:39 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
LGW does appear to be accepting diversions as stated above Rome, Malta and Naples.
LHR to Warsaw has just taken off from LHR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.