Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thinking of this forum's Ukrainian members

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2022, 2:54 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
@Andriyko I have been in contact with our broader community and tech teams to find out what, if anything, we can do to help users in Ukraine. I know that it will mean little to ease the suffering being experienced by your people, caused by these senseless acts of aggression and brutality, but I am very much resolute in finding a way that we can be of service.

божої швидкості мій друг
Markie, SanDiego1K, corky and 17 others like this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 10:55 am

Programs: UA, AC, Delta Gold, Hilton Diamond
Andriyko Thinking of you and Ukrainian people. Good wishes from Canada. Slava Ukraini!
SamirD and 24left like this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 1:58 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by IBJoel
@Andriyko I have been in contact with our broader community and tech teams to find out what, if anything, we can do to help users in Ukraine. I know that it will mean little to ease the suffering being experienced by your people, caused by these senseless acts of aggression and brutality, but I am very much resolute in finding a way that we can be of service.

божої швидкості мій друг
Thank you IBJoel. Anything you can do will help. Especially if this something affects Russian propaganda sites.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 8:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by Andriyko
Thank you dearest CWS. Thank you everyone else. This actually made me cry. I am crying as I am writing this as I did not think that so many people actually cared about us. I woke up to a new reality this morning here in Kyiv. I am hearing explosions outside. My family across the country are reporting the same. I don't know why he hates us so much and why he's doing this (well, I do, of course), but I hope that we will win and I will see you and the others, who have been so kind to me, at another DO some day. Thank you for your thoughts and support.
I think near enough the whole world has a lot of love for your country and it’s people and your president and politicians,

Keep safe with all our love and hope to see you at a do soon.
Andriyko, SamirD and 24left like this.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 6 MM | Amex Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Diamond | IHG Spire Elite | Bonvoy Plat.
I've never been a particularly spiritual person but I've been doing a lot of praying these days for all Ukrainians. My deepest thoughts and prayers for Andriyko and for all in Ukraine. I'm truly amazed at the strength and courage of the people of Ukraine. It's really something to see.

I'm not sure how much longer the people in Russia can stand by and watch this madness. Hopefully this drives them to march to the street in the millions.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you IBJoel. Anything you can do will help. Especially if this something affects Russian propaganda sites.
Don’t wavier. You guys are kicking Russian butt! And we are fighting the propaganda over in Omni.
corky, Andriyko, SamirD and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by TomMM
Don’t wavier. You guys are kicking Russian butt! And we are fighting the propaganda over in Omni.
Oh, I did not realize there was a discussion in the OMNI forum. My head will probably explode if I go there to read more lies. For some people, white has become black and evil has become good. It is hard to comprehend what kind of monsters would justify an unprovoked war and death of so many innocent people. Thank you for the efforts to dispel the russian propaganda!
corky, SKT-DK, QF Lad and 6 others like this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 12:47 am

Programs: BAEC
Andriyko So glad you are still able to reply to us. Stay strong. I’m sure I’m not the only person who has read some outrageous justifications in internet fora but it’s important we remember those people are a vocal minority. Most of the free world knows and understands what’s happening. I have been very pleased to have some sensible questions from previously uninterested young people showing they are thinking deeply and critically about this. It’s also made me brush up on my geopolitical knowledge which has been shamefully shallow.
We are all thinking of you and pray you prevail. I don’t think there’s much doubt that Putin isn’t getting it all his way.
Andriyko, skiaplg, paulaf and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 1:56 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold
Post Please know the world supports Ukraine

Andriyko, Please know that most of the world supports Ukraine and would like to know how each of us can help in our small way while the larger government continue to try and work out bigger details of support. If Ukraine were a member of NATO it would be easy because or article 5 but since they were not yet, we can only imagine the horrors of what the Russians are doing to your people and your country. Suggestions on things we can do to get basic supplies or give support to Ukraine are welcomed as we all know what a Terrorist Putin is. He has been KGB through and through from the beginning and attacking a sovereign state like Ukraine and doing what we are seeing on TV is a war crime. Someone had a good idea to offer some support through booking AIRBNB's only to find out that many of them are actually controlled by Russian companies and it is difficult to know who are the real Ukrainian run ones. Russian is playing a propaganda war in the west so we need to know ways to know what is really true Ukrainian other than just speaches by your wonderful President. Just know the U.S. and others in the Flyer Talk world are wanting to help so please let us know anything the community can do to help Ukraine as we do not want to see if fall back under Russian control.
AlanA, Andriyko, skiaplg and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 2:36 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
I don’t / can’t get my head around the politics and having not grown up in the region I don’t understand. The whole situation is horrifying and I hoped I’d never live to see anything like this unfold, particularly on the european continent. In my view, killing is not justified and this situation is appalling.

I echo the sentiment of everything that’s been said. I’m not religious but I am probably in some way ‘spiritual’. I’ll just say that my very best thoughts and wishes go out to ALL regardless of nationality who are affected by this conflict and all conflict. War is not the answer, and it isn’t the likes of the “leaders” of war who suffer. All those involved are somebody’s mother / father / brother / sister / relative / friend / human. One death sends a ripple around the world. Those that remain physically / biologically alive often lose their life in other ways, be it through physical injury or psychological trauma. I believe this sort of thing leaves a scar on humanity.

It’s all words, it’s hopeless, but it’s all I have. Very best wishes.

Last edited by IAMORGAN; Mar 8, 2022 at 8:34 am
Old Mar 8, 2022, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh, I did not realize there was a discussion in the OMNI forum. My head will probably explode if I go there to read more lies.
The battle with those who have decided to align with the wrong side of history and humanity is pretty much a volunteer effort but we are prevailing.
Andriyko and SamirD like this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by SimpleManToo
Just know the U.S. and others in the Flyer Talk world are wanting to help so please let us know anything the community can do to help Ukraine as we do not want to see if fall back under Russian control.
I posted this before - those who want to help can donate to the Ukrainian Army onto a special account opened by our National Bank. They have now also opened a separate account for humanitarian needs. There is real humanitarian catastrophe in some areas of Ukraine where people are lacking basic necessities due to the destruction of civil infrastructure by the russians. Any donation is very much appreciated. You can find the information following the link below.

https://bank.gov.ua/en/

And I want to say that we do know how much the Western governments are doing for us, and we are really grateful for that.
corky, GUWonder, SamirD and 3 others like this.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 11:18 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
@Andriyko
We've never met of course, but I was thinking of you and all Ukrainians again today when I saw this from the London Symphony Orchestra. I'm sure I speak for many of my fellow Canadians in sending you our support and wishes of strength and resilience. (And to those on the BA forum, while I don't fly BA as often as you do, I am immensely appreciative of this thread and @corporate-wage-slave's OP)

Old Mar 13, 2022, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
From Expo 2020

Hi,

A couple of photos from the Ukrainian Pavilion at Expo 2020 in early March

First floor of Ukrainian Pavillion at Expo 2020

2 walls on the ground floor of Ukrainian pavilion at Expo 2020 with notes from visitors attached to the walls. Notepads and pens provided. Some other pavillions also had the ukrainian colours/flags displayed

Keep safe!

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Mar 14, 2022 at 5:56 am
Old Mar 15, 2022, 6:58 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
CWS - thanks for starting this.
Andriyko and fellow Ukrainians. Stay as safe as you possibly can.
Best wishes,
AO
SamirD likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.