FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Thinking of this forum's Ukrainian members (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2069902-thinking-forums-ukrainian-members.html)

corporate-wage-slave Feb 24, 2022 2:49 am

Thinking of this forum's Ukrainian members

It's difficult to do this without going outside some necessary boundaries of a frequent flyer forum, nevertheless given the close relationships involved, it would seem remiss to say nothing.

I would like to express my support, concern and yes worry for Andriyko, who is a very active member of this forum and who I have had the pleasure of meeting in Kiev / Kyiv. He is a gentle soul with a huge interest in travel, the UK, British Airways, the English language, which he speaks so well, and other members of this forum. I know he must have met dozens of other participants in this forum, both in the Ukraine and elsewhere. I also express concern for his husband, which in itself illustrates exactly what is at stake here. @Andriyko, you will have many other things to concern yourself with at the moment, but I hope you and your homeland get through this horrible situation, which is not of your making.

I think there are some other Ukranian residents who use this forum too, and we will be thinking of you in these dark hours.

The _Banking_Scot Feb 24, 2022 2:53 am

Hi

Well said. Thinking of you Andriyko and all other Ukrainian fters at this time.

Brighterside Feb 24, 2022 3:48 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 34020225)
It's difficult to do this without going outside some necessary boundaries of a frequent flyer forum, nevertheless given the close relationships involved, it would seem remiss to say nothing.

I would like to express my support, concern and yes worry for Andriyko, who is a very active member of this forum and who I have had the pleasure of meeting in Kiev / Kyiv. He is a gentle soul with a huge interest in travel, the UK, British Airways, the English language, which he speaks so well, and other members of this forum. I know he must have met dozens of other participants in this forum, both in the Ukraine and elsewhere. I also express concern for his husband, which in itself illustrates exactly what is at stake here. @Andriyko, you will have many other things to concern yourself with at the moment, but I hope you and your homeland get through this horrible situation, which is not of your making.

I think there are some other Ukranian residents who use this forum too, and we will be thinking of you in these dark hours.

Elequently put on our behalf - thank you CWS.

13901 Feb 24, 2022 3:57 am

Thinking, and worrying, of some of my former suppliers based in Kiev. One of whom, Petro, reads/maybe even is subscribed to, Flyertalk. All of them are young guys of military age and are indeed reservists.

rapidex Feb 24, 2022 4:19 am

I went to school with an Ukrainian boy, Oli Olijnik. I hope he and the rest of his country people are ok.

Andriyko Feb 24, 2022 4:25 am

Thank you dearest CWS. Thank you everyone else. This actually made me cry. I am crying as I am writing this as I did not think that so many people actually cared about us. I woke up to a new reality this morning here in Kyiv. I am hearing explosions outside. My family across the country are reporting the same. I don't know why he hates us so much and why he's doing this:( (well, I do, of course), but I hope that we will win and I will see you and the others, who have been so kind to me, at another DO some day. Thank you for your thoughts and support.

LCY8737 Feb 24, 2022 4:27 am

Originally Posted by Andriyko (Post 34020353)
Thank you dearest CWS. Thank you everyone else. This actually made me cry. I am crying as I am writing this as I did not think that so many people actually cared about us. I woke up to a new reality this morning here in Kyiv. I am hearing explosions outside. My family across the country are reporting the same. I don't know why he hates us so much and why he's doing this:( (well, I do, of course), but I hope that we will win and I will see you and the others, who have been so kind to me, at another DO some day. Thank you for your thoughts and support.

All the best to you Andriyko. Stay safe. Hopefully this nightmare will be over soon.

FFlash Feb 24, 2022 5:20 am

Crossing fingers from my side for support and thought.

LBA_flyer Feb 24, 2022 5:43 am

Hoping for the best for you, your family and your country.

estrela Feb 24, 2022 6:45 am

All the best from me as well.

I was asking myself what I can do as individual to support? It is not tolerable for me to see European and North American governments doing basically nothing to help.

Goldorak Feb 24, 2022 7:33 am

Thank you CWS for starting this thread. All my support too to our Ukrainian Flyertalkers. It is truly unbelievable that we still have to see this in 2022 :(.
Be all safe.

FabCW Feb 24, 2022 7:37 am

What’s going on is very disheartening.
Full support to the FT members from Ukraine.
💙💛

azepine00 Feb 24, 2022 7:59 am

This is all completely surreal.
Andriyko and everyone else in harm's way- please stay safe.

Rubecula Feb 24, 2022 8:23 am

One of my most poignant memories was when I visited Kyiv a couple of months after the snipers killed so many in Kyiv in 2014. The bullet holes in the buildings and the solidarity on the streets will never be forgotten. Hopefully BA will choose to re start flights to Kyiv.

Flying Yazata Feb 24, 2022 8:37 am

Originally Posted by Andriyko (Post 34020353)
Thank you for your thoughts and support.

From me to you, fellow European FT'er, a little higher up north in the same timezone:

Я з Україною. (I am with Ukraine.)

Yesterday I still saw Motor Sich's An-24 flying as usually, based on transponder data on FR24. And the one and only Mriya (An-225) was still intact. However, today is indeed a very different day. I fear I won't get to see all the Ukrainian civil aviation marvels I would've liked to. But more so - it is indeed a tragic day and I hope all the best for you fellow FT'ers in Ukraine. May we still meet in better times.