Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thinking of this forum's Ukrainian members

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2022, 2:57 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
We had what I'd call a normal evening tonight in the new reality. There were no air raid alerts. A part of me wants to think that the madman is out of missiles but the other part understands that we can't be that lucky. That evil man has a lot of them for us.

I thought I would not be crying tonight when I am writing here but I am. However this time it is not because I feel helpless and desperate. We watched an episode of Saturday Night Live just now dated 26.02, and they opened the show with a song by a Ukrainian choir based in New York. Today was the first time we watched TV since the war started. I felt guilty for watching something funny while my fellow Ukrainians are dying. But the song made me cry. I could not believe that SNL cared. The support that we are getting is overwhelming.

My parents in Kyiv managed to buy meat today. My brother and his kids remain under occupation in Chernihiv oblast. I break down and cry randomly throughout the day, але все буде Україна.
Markie and SamirD like this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 3:48 pm

Madonna is sleeping. My husband is snoring. It is quiet. The rapist is not bombing us tonight. We got to live another day.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 4:07 pm

I know you must be sick and tired of me but I just saw this in my newsfeed on Instagram and I started crying again. I just don't understand why he's doing this. I want to help all of them. I won't eat but feed them. Look at this picture. This is devastating. They don't deserve this.😔😔😔

SamirD likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 4:31 pm

Programs: GGL
Originally Posted by T8191
Our little Island (110,000 population) and its Finance Industry is doing it’s part …
SamirD likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 5:27 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by Andriyko
I know you must be sick and tired of me
Not at all. We're here for you as much as any of us can be from a distance.

I love Madonna, she looks so soft and fluffy!
corky, psollitt, Andriyko and 4 others like this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by gcuk
Only a small contribution Andriyko but we are a small not-for-profit company with 26 staff and we're doing a virtual walk to Kyiv. It's 1,505 miles from our office in Essex and every day we record how many miles each of us have walked, and when we've covered 1,505 miles in total, we'll be donating £1,505 to support Ukraine. Happy for you to nominate a good cause for our donation if it's possible to get the funds to them and for them to access them. Hopefully every little helps.
Best wishes to you and your loved ones.
Wow. I can't choose for you or tell you what to do. There is a team of people who rescue animals in Kyiv and Ukraine every day.
https://www.karg.kiev.ua
I am their patron. But I can't tell you how to spend your hard earned money. We need help everywhere. You can't go wrong. And I will say this to everyone who wants to help - On behalf of all Ukrainians, thank you. Thank you! So many of you are helping individually, and your governments are helping as well.

To those who wrote to me today privately - I apologize for not replying. I will reply to everyone tomorrow. It is 3am here and I need to get some sleep even though I am afraid to go to sleep. But I will reply. Every message that I receive makes this hell more tolerable even though hell cannot and should not be tolerable. But as long as I am writing to you I know that I exist.

Good night.
Markie, corky, Dan72 and 4 others like this.

Last edited by Andriyko; Apr 1, 2022 at 6:16 pm
Old Apr 2, 2022, 4:02 am

I jumped the gun by saying that the mad man was not bombing us last night. The evil monster actually sent a few ‘hellos’ after we fell asleep. I believe it was about 30 missiles from Belarus. Will he ever run out of the missiles? Or is it wishful thinking on my part? When I read about how much these things cost I wonder why he’d rather spend the money on trying to kill us than feed his people. So much good could have been done with those money.
Markie, corky, ijkh and 4 others like this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 5:21 pm

Look at me. I am a princess. (She is☺️). Madonna wishes everyone goodnight. But not the mad man. We hope he has a bout of diarrhea and is shooting missiles out of his ***.
Markie, SanDiego1K, corky and 15 others like this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 5:35 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
She is so lovely and reminds me of her namesake.
SamirD likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 9:44 pm

Every day my heart breaks for Ukraine
Stay safe my fellow travelers
Markie, TPJ, SamirD and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 5:42 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Andriyko, every day this nightmare continues you show us all your personal strength and immense courage. Stay safe and I hope you will be able to return to Kyiv soon
Markie, corky, Andriyko and 8 others like this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 8:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold
I jumped the gun by saying that the mad man was not bombing us last night. The evil monster actually sent a few ‘hellos’ after we fell asleep. I believe it was about 30 missiles from Belarus. Will he ever run out of the missiles? Or is it wishful thinking on my part? When I read about how much these things cost I wonder why he’d rather spend the money on trying to kill us than feed his people. So much good could have been done with those money.
I always feel awkward when I read questions like this because as a postgrad IR student I (sort of) know the answers. Nobody can read Putin's mind but we do have a pretty good idea of what's going on and why. I'll absolutely caveat that by pointing out that in no way does it make it "right", but sadly his actions do make sense.

We can just hope that he is somehow forced from power, but who is to say his replacement won't be even more inclined to pursue such policies?
Old Apr 3, 2022, 9:51 am

I know you must be sick and tired of me but I just saw this in my newsfeed on Instagram and I started crying again. I just don't understand why he's doing this. I want to help all of them. I won't eat but feed them. Look at this picture. This is devastating. They don't deserve this.😔😔😔

I am sick and tired of this war, but very very far from being sick and tired of what you’ve shared from yourself over now these weeks. A human side that I can relate to. Until this madness has ended, I for one beg you to keep talking, keep sharing, even if it means more crying from time to time. There are times I’ve felt that only through tears can I clean away from myself a toxic environment I’ve been exposed to.

One of the worst things that could happen is that after the initial shock to all this, the world at large grows numb and stops paying attention. In my case, the more I see about this from your first-hand perspective, the more it remains impossible to ignore. So please, keep talking. And please, take good care of yourself, your husband, your Madonna, and any else you can.
Markie, SanDiego1K, corky and 9 others like this.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 2:04 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
I'm posting this on behalf of Andriyko, and with his permission.

It's just to let everyone know that's he's still fine, and very grateful for all the supportive messages he's received from other forum members. Understandably, the shocking news that's emerged from Bucha has taken some time to process, hence he's been away from FT for a few days but he will probably still pop in from time to time.

Please keep him, his husband and Madonna in your thoughts - it is very important that everyone in Ukraine knows how much we are all thinking of them.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 3:23 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, United

Look at me. I am a princess. (She is☺️). Madonna wishes everyone goodnight. But not the mad man. We hope he has a bout of diarrhea and is shooting missiles out of his ***.
On the other side of the world, pics of Madonna give us warm fuzzy feelings, and your humor in the face of terror shows us just how alive you still are. And all our thoughts, prayers, and soul-felt hugs are with you.
Markie, Schultzois and Andriyko like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.