Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Print Wikipost

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2023, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by thomasd21
So I’m 3 days behind you on 25th October and I’ve not had it through yet
Sorry, I wrote the dates in a confusing way: month & year. I think it was 14 October 2022 when I opened the bank account and signed up to avios rewards.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 9:31 am
A13

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by A13
28/2 was 4 months since I opened the Barclaycard (already had the Premier Banking).
my 100k posted yesterday
Old Mar 24, 2023, 9:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis PC
Originally Posted by A13
my 100k posted yesterday
Ok so I’m definitely behind then, my 4 months was 25/2
Old Mar 30, 2023, 7:17 am

Programs: non
Unable to transfer the upgrade voucher

Hello, has anyone else had problems transferring the credit card upgrade voucher to the BA account? My Barclays app says I hit the spend target and the voucher will appear in my BAEC account within 5 business days. It's been this saying it for about 4 weeks though. I called and message Barclays and BA several time, but no luck. Apparently, there is a known technical issue. Is this issue just for me, or has anyone else had problems with this? Thanks!
Never mind, it just posted Maybe the trick is to post in FT!
Old Mar 31, 2023, 2:50 am

Programs: IHG Platinum; Marriott Silver; Avis president's: Hertz President's
Apparently there is a rumour (as in I read on another forum that said "the rumoured changes") that Barclaycard Avios will soon no longer work with the bendy card. I wonder if anyone can point to a few more details?
Old Mar 31, 2023, 3:22 am

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
Originally Posted by umgowah
Apparently there is a rumour (as in I read on another forum that said "the rumoured changes") that Barclaycard Avios will soon no longer work with the bendy card. I wonder if anyone can point to a few more details?
Why not just write Curve?
stifle likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 2:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
4 months passed on 31st March, so seems from reading others experiences it could be several weeks before the 100k show up I guess.

Spend based upgrade voucher also just clicked over so will be keeping an eye out for that.....now wondering whether to keep the accounts or not?
Old Apr 4, 2023, 3:01 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Does anyone know who to contact if the bonuses do not post in a timely way ?
Old Apr 4, 2023, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
Does anyone know who to contact if the bonuses do not post in a timely way ?
You can try starting off with live chat in the app, although they are for the most part useless and wil llikely just provide a number which they claim is specific for avios issues but in reality seems to dump into the general call centre. If you persist with them though they will generally make that call on your behalf and you get a sensible answer eventually. Which bonus/bonuses are you waiting on?
Old Apr 4, 2023, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by taranty
You can try starting off with live chat in the app, although they are for the most part useless and wil llikely just provide a number which they claim is specific for avios issues but in reality seems to dump into the general call centre. If you persist with them though they will generally make that call on your behalf and you get a sensible answer eventually. Which bonus/bonuses are you waiting on?
I think a 100k sign-up bonus and a 25k sign-up bonus. I have not been paying a lot of attention to this, but had a pre-existing Barclaycard and then opened the bank account and signed up for Avios Rewards as well. I have an e-mail confirming that my Premier a/c was opened on 25 November and I think I signed up for Rewards and also did the a/c switch at exactly the same time. Should I have heard something by now ??
Old Apr 4, 2023, 3:32 am

I think a 100k sign-up bonus and a 25k sign-up bonus. I have not been paying a lot of attention to this, but had a pre-existing Barclaycard and then opened the bank account and signed up for Avios Rewards as well. I have an e-mail confirming that my Premier a/c was opened on 25 November and I think I signed up for Rewards and also did the a/c switch at exactly the same time. Should I have heard something by now ??
The 25k sign up may well be arriving today. My account opening date was 29 November, the 25k for doing an account switch had been hovering in the current account section of the rewards overview but it has now dropped into the earned section. It gets transferred to avios balance on the second working day of the month hence I'm expecting mine today. I've had nothing yet on the 100,000 but it's only just over four months and looking up thread I think it's usually a bit longer than dead on the date.
If you don't have the 25k showing in the app then worth getting in touch, but if it is there you should be fine.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by taranty
The 25k sign up may well be arriving today. My account opening date was 29 November, the 25k for doing an account switch had been hovering in the current account section of the rewards overview but it has now dropped into the earned section. It gets transferred to avios balance on the second working day of the month hence I'm expecting mine today. I've had nothing yet on the 100,000 but it's only just over four months and looking up thread I think it's usually a bit longer than dead on the date.
If you don't have the 25k showing in the app then worth getting in touch, but if it is there you should be fine.
Thanks for this. I had completely forgotten about the Avios app ! I dont have anything showing as credited and am not sure what you are referring to in the "current account section of the rewards overview".
Old Apr 4, 2023, 3:46 am

Programs: BA GGL
Just noticed that my upgrade discount voucher has posted - 1.5 months late - into my BA account without any fanfare. So might be worthwhile checking if you are due yours.

No sign of the monthly Avios though, not even the 1500 from Barclays Premier which have hitherto been quite reliable. Fortunately I'm not so Avios poor that it matters but I have absolutely nil confidence in B/C after the number of delays etc.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 3:51 am

Thanks for this. I had completely forgotten about the Avios app ! I dont have anything showing as credited and am not sure what you are referring to in the "current account section of the rewards overview".
Ah sorry, I meant the Barclays app. If you hit "your rewards" on the home screen, then "view your avios" and "see your activity" you get a screen showing barclaycard avios and separately avios rewards (which is what relates to the current account). You should see the 25,000 somewhere under "avios rewards".
Old Apr 4, 2023, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by flarmip
Just noticed that my upgrade discount voucher has posted - 1.5 months late - into my BA account without any fanfare. So might be worthwhile checking if you are due yours.

No sign of the monthly Avios though, not even the 1500 from Barclays Premier which have hitherto been quite reliable. Fortunately I'm not so Avios poor that it matters but I have absolutely nil confidence in B/C after the number of delays etc.
As above I think they get transferred on the second working day of the month, so should be incoming today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.