Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Print Wikipost

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2023, 8:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, EY Silver, AF/KL Silver
Originally Posted by rabbimatt
Thanks aflack, more fun with Barclays call center on the way for me then!
Did you get it resolved? Having same problem for past couple of days. Barclays online chat say it is a known problem and are working to resolve it!
Old Mar 19, 2023, 4:42 am

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, GFL
Originally Posted by wmaciej
I remember seeing somewhere (HfP?) a rumour that Barclays voucher will convert to a fixed number of avios - do we have any more on that? I find the voucher completely useless being unable to select a price point other than “maximum avios, minimum cash”, so would happily exchange it for avios…
This was in this month's High Life. 7k Avios is a very poor substitute for the voucher I would say.

wmaciej and SavvyTravel like this.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 5:42 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by AdBoy
This was in this month's High Life. 7k Avios is a very poor substitute for the voucher I would say.

Let's be real - it's an absolute joke. It's less than the Avios you'd save if you used the voucher on the shortest possible redemption flight (1-650 mile category). One can only assume that they hope account holders are either uninformed enough to think it's a good offer, or have enough other vouchers that they don't see any value in it.
AdBoy likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 6:09 am

Programs: Executive Club
Originally Posted by flarmip
Let's be real - it's an absolute joke. It's less than the Avios you'd save if you used the voucher on the shortest possible redemption flight (1-650 mile category). One can only assume that they hope account holders are either uninformed enough to think it's a good offer, or have enough other vouchers that they don't see any value in it.
I have had quite a few Amex vouchers that have expired before I've been able to use them. I have one coming up to expire in September that I don't think I will be able to use. So if you could get something for an unused voucher it would be better than nothing.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 6:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis PC
Originally Posted by JessicaB
I have had quite a few Amex vouchers that have expired before I've been able to use them. I have one coming up to expire in September that I don't think I will be able to use. So if you could get something for an unused voucher it would be better than nothing.
But 7K avios is such an insult
EDIflyer, AdBoy, ringingup and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by JessicaB
The suggestion seems to be that you'll have to choose at the point you're issued with the voucher, not that you'll be able to cash in a voucher after it's been issued. So you'll have to make a prediction of what your future collection of vouchers will look like.

Talking of vouchers, has anyone else experienced delays getting their £10k one? I hit my target quite a few weeks ago and the app claimed I would get mine within 5 working days. No sign yet.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by flarmip
The suggestion seems to be that you'll have to choose at the point you're issued with the voucher, not that you'll be able to cash in a voucher after it's been issued. So you'll have to make a prediction of what your future collection of vouchers will look like.

Talking of vouchers, has anyone else experienced delays getting their £10k one? I hit my target quite a few weeks ago and the app claimed I would get mine within 5 working days. No sign yet.
Same here - no sign of the voucher. The page which tracks my spending target / anniversary has also disappeared. It looks like they have "upgraded" the app.......
Swadbus and flarmip like this.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by sebastianlee
Same here - no sign of the voucher. The page which tracks my spending target / anniversary has also disappeared. It looks like they have "upgraded" the app.......
I seem to have missed out on that "upgrade" - what a shame

Fair to say that Barclays probably couldn't have done a worse job with the BAEC integration if they tried. Monkeys on typewriters could probably come up with better systems...
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 10:20 am

Programs: Executive Club
Originally Posted by thomasd21
But 7K avios is such an insult
It's nice that BA is finding new ways to insult us though. They showed a strong talent for p'ssing off their most loyal customers during the pandemic, it's good that some things don't change.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 11:56 am

Programs: BA Gold
Has anyone got any experience of upgrading back to the Avios+ card after previously downgrading to the basic Avios card? I downgraded many months ago after achieving the voucher, and am ready again to try for a new voucher (the card year seems to have reset on downgrade), but the 'change card' feature in the app only shows me two other unrelated Barclaycards.

Is there something I could be doing to try trigger the Avios+ to appear there, or will it just take some time, or may never appear as an option?
Old Mar 20, 2023, 5:37 am

Programs: BAEC, EK, VS FC
I am having the same problem, albeit not even offering two alternatives! Has anyone managed this?
From what I have learnt on the chat link /BC web page, it is only in the app you can change, they can't do it.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 5:38 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
I asked to change back when they were doing the 100k current account promo and was told no.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 2:18 pm

I called Barclaycard and I was told that after downgrading to the free card, I could not upgrade back to the Avios Plus card for now.
They didn’t tell me why, they just said keep on checking the available cards in the app.

I will cancel my free card tomorrow and apply for the Avios Plus card in 6 months instead.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 3:15 am

Barclaycard avios promo complete!

Just got the 100,000 avios credited to my BAEC account.

So…

Barclaycard Avios Plus opened in May 22

10 x £20 monthly fee = £200

Barclays Premier Account with Avios Rewards opened October 22

5 x £7 monthly fee = £35

Total fees = £235

Barclaycard Bonus Avios = 25,000
Barclays Premier Bonus Avios = 100,000
Current Account Switch bonus = 25,000
Monthly avios reward for Premier = 5 x 1,500 = 7,500

Total avios rewards (not including avios for spending in Barclaycard @ 1.5 per £) = 157,500

So that’s 0.127p per Avios - not bad

Plus, of course, the avios reward flight cabin upgrade voucher for one, which in my case I used for a WT to WTP upgrade LGW-JFK-LHR off peak, saving me 35,000 avios. I would have done WTP to CW saving 75,000 avios if there had been availability, but my travel dates were not so flexible. I’ll keep checking.

Time to close down all the Barclays accounts!
Old Mar 24, 2023, 3:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis PC
Originally Posted by sdmr
Barclaycard avios promo complete!

Just got the 100,000 avios credited to my BAEC account.

So…

Barclaycard Avios Plus opened in May 22

10 x £20 monthly fee = £200

Barclays Premier Account with Avios Rewards opened October 22

5 x £7 monthly fee = £35

Total fees = £235

Barclaycard Bonus Avios = 25,000
Barclays Premier Bonus Avios = 100,000
Current Account Switch bonus = 25,000
Monthly avios reward for Premier = 5 x 1,500 = 7,500

Total avios rewards (not including avios for spending in Barclaycard @ 1.5 per £) = 157,500

So that’s 0.127p per Avios - not bad

Plus, of course, the avios reward flight cabin upgrade voucher for one, which in my case I used for a WT to WTP upgrade LGW-JFK-LHR off peak, saving me 35,000 avios. I would have done WTP to CW saving 75,000 avios if there had been availability, but my travel dates were not so flexible. I’ll keep checking.

Time to close down all the Barclays accounts!
So I’m 3 days behind you on 25th October and I’ve not had it through yet

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.