Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DYKWIA | 2022 edition

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2022, 7:14 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by KARFA
I have a feeling we have discussed this before and someone produced a link to some AA page that was clear it now applies. I have had a look to see if I can find the previous discussion, but I can't unfortunately. Perhaps someone else can help?
Indeed: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...conditions.jsp

Specifically this line:
  • A customer with a same-day ticket on American or a oneworld® airline in the first class cabin on a qualifying international or transcontinental flight automatically has access to Flagship® First Dining, located within certain select Flagship® Lounges.
Markie and KARFA like this.
Old May 6, 2022, 7:20 am

Do BA need to adopt the same "House Rules"? Might stop some of the DYKWIA moments described on this page! Not so sure about the pets though!!

House rules

• During your visit to a Flagship® Lounge, American requires that your attire and conduct are consistent with a professional environment.
  • American asks that you maintain a quiet environment within each Flagship® Lounge and to step outside with any crying or disruptive children or guests.
  • As a courtesy to other guests, please wear headphones when using personal devices such as MP3 players, video games, or DVD players, and refrain from using the speaker feature on any personal devise, including cellular telephones.
  • Smoking cigarettes, pipes or cigars (including electronic products), chewing tobacco, and the use of smokeless tobacco are prohibited inside Flagship® Lounges.
  • American reserves the right to refuse to provide alcoholic beverages to any guest who appears to be intoxicated or is otherwise unruly.
  • Complimentary food, alcoholic beverages and periodicals provided by Flagship® Lounges are for consumption and use inside the Flagship® Lounge only and may not be removed.
  • Airport luggage carts are not permitted inside Flagship® Lounges.
  • Carry-on pets are welcome in Flagship® Lounges, provided they remain in their kennels. Service animals are also permitted. Read our policy for traveling with carry-on pets and service animals, which apply to Flagship® Lounge visits and are incorporated herein.
MaxFlyer and Steve in Olympia like this.
Old May 6, 2022, 10:32 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Indeed: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...conditions.jsp

Specifically this line:
  • A customer with a same-day ticket on American or a oneworld® airline in the first class cabin on a qualifying international or transcontinental flight automatically has access to Flagship® First Dining, located within certain select Flagship® Lounges.
That's helpful - I have several such connections in the next few months so this is great.
Old May 6, 2022, 10:35 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DelTroon
Do BA need to adopt the same "House Rules"? Might stop some of the DYKWIA moments described on this page! Not so sure about the pets though!!

House rules

• During your visit to a Flagship® Lounge, American requires that your attire and conduct are consistent with a professional environment.
  • American asks that you maintain a quiet environment within each Flagship® Lounge and to step outside with any crying or disruptive children or guests.
  • As a courtesy to other guests, please wear headphones when using personal devices such as MP3 players, video games, or DVD players, and refrain from using the speaker feature on any personal devise, including cellular telephones.
  • Smoking cigarettes, pipes or cigars (including electronic products), chewing tobacco, and the use of smokeless tobacco are prohibited inside Flagship® Lounges.
  • American reserves the right to refuse to provide alcoholic beverages to any guest who appears to be intoxicated or is otherwise unruly.
  • Complimentary food, alcoholic beverages and periodicals provided by Flagship® Lounges are for consumption and use inside the Flagship® Lounge only and may not be removed.
  • Airport luggage carts are not permitted inside Flagship® Lounges.
  • Carry-on pets are welcome in Flagship® Lounges, provided they remain in their kennels. Service animals are also permitted. Read our policy for traveling with carry-on pets and service animals, which apply to Flagship® Lounge visits and are incorporated herein.
I think BA should as some people who I have witnessed clearly do not know how to behave in a lounge.
Old May 6, 2022, 11:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
I think BA should as some people who I have witnessed clearly do not know how to behave in a lounge.
I don't think it's the lounge, it's that some people become so detached from reality that they believe their version of "reality" is actually the norm and that everyone else lives in some sort of hell that's simply there to bow down to them. Sorry to anyone who tries the DKYWIA thing when I've had a couple of beers, because if it involves being rude to people trying to do their job I'll take you down a peg or two. Oh, and I certainly won't know who you are, so be prepared to explain how your WIA allows you to be an obnoxious tw@
MaxFlyer, T8191, wrp96 and 4 others like this.
Old May 6, 2022, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by abraxias
Sorry to anyone who tries the DKYWIA thing when I've had a couple of beers, because if it involves being rude to people trying to do their job I'll take you down a peg or two. Oh, and I certainly won't know who you are, so be prepared to explain how your WIA allows you to be an obnoxious tw@
Pretty much... even if I know who you are, does that mean I have to care?
Old May 7, 2022, 6:35 am

I was in CCR a couple of weeks ago and there was a teenager bouncing a basketball - I kid you not!
Just as I was going to say something the parent left with the teenager.
u01sss3, DelTroon and AnaTravel like this.
Old May 7, 2022, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by Markie
I was in CCR a couple of weeks ago and there was a teenager bouncing a basketball - I kid you not!
Just as I was going to say something the parent left with the teenager.
WTH!

Surprised that the lounge agent didn’t say anything.
AnaTravel likes this.
Old May 8, 2022, 7:28 am

WTH!

Surprised that the lounge agent didn’t say anything.
Not a word! I suspect they have got used to the post-COVID levels of behaviour.
jimlad48 likes this.
Old May 11, 2022, 6:55 am

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
Classic today at Galleries South. On the escalator I was having to use a stick as I crocked my knee yesterday. As I’m exiting the escalator I’m just about sent flat by a guy pushing to get passed us. Excuse me he announces I’m business class as he turns left. We too turn left.
As we are being charmingly welcomed to the first lounge by one member of staff Mr Pushy is advised if he’d like to take the escalator over there to the next level he will find his lounge there 😂😂😂
SKT-DK, MaxFlyer, endoman and 35 others like this.
Old May 13, 2022, 9:38 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
A friday conundrum. Not sure if I should self report here or whether it's someone else. Just checked in at an Italian airport, I went into the well signposted club/exec priority line. Invited by the solitary agent to check in, the passenger in the normal queue starts complaining that he is in club. The check in agent says that I'm next, being in the priority queue, and starts checking me in. The other passenger then says his wife is gold and maintains he wants to be checked in before me. The agent asks him and he says he isn't gold. However I spot a gold tag on his bag and apologise in the normal British manner that i was unaware of his wife's status. The check in agent is having none of it and continues to check me in. So am I the unintentional DYKWIA or is it the other pax?
Old May 13, 2022, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by firstlight
A friday conundrum. Not sure if I should self report here or whether it's someone else. Just checked in at an Italian airport, I went into the well signposted club/exec priority line. Invited by the solitary agent to check in, the passenger in the normal queue starts complaining that he is in club. The check in agent says that I'm next, being in the priority queue, and starts checking me in. The other passenger then says his wife is gold and maintains he wants to be checked in before me. The agent asks him and he says he isn't gold. However I spot a gold tag on his bag and apologise in the normal British manner that i was unaware of his wife's status. The check in agent is having none of it and continues to check me in. So am I the unintentional DYKWIA or is it the other pax?
It’s the other person’s fault for being in the wrong queue and there was nothing for you to apologise for in my view. Plus once in a line you don’t order yourself by status.
Old May 13, 2022, 9:46 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
It’s the other person’s fault for being in the wrong queue and there was nothing for you to apologise for in my view. Plus once in a line you don’t order yourself by status.
No, but you should
Old May 13, 2022, 9:55 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
No, but you should
Of course I'm a mere mortal flying in ET (exit row) given it's a work trip so obviously should give way to a club class gold (boarding group 0.5). This won't be a problem once I get to GGL of course as I understand special services will clear a path for me .
Old May 13, 2022, 10:58 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by firstlight
Of course I'm a mere mortal flying in ET (exit row) given it's a work trip so obviously should give way to a club class gold (boarding group 0.5). This won't be a problem once I get to GGL of course as I understand special services will clear a path for me .
Don't you need CIV 98 for special services, not lowly 97 that comes with GGL?
Markie likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.