Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2023, 1:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Gold, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Hi Slaav, welcome to Flyertalk

there are two threads that you may want to look at.

Double TP on Holidays

Tier Point Runs

Many ways to skin the TP cat, personally I’m waiting to see if the sale offers any opportunities, and if any do present themselves I’m sure there’ll be discussion in one or both of those threads.
m8_rotate likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2023, 4:59 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Quick questions about retaining silver status,
My partner his TP earning year ended August 8th, he did not get enough TPs or any of his 4 BA flights to re-qualify.

Thursday an email was received, welcome to another year of silver.
His login profile page still shows as silver but his card expiry date shows 30th September 23.

My expectation is he would not retain the status but the emails and website give mixed signals,

Globalist
Old Sep 2, 2023, 5:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Gold, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Status is retained until the end of the month after your status year ends so what he is seeing is correct. BA IT had another glitch and sent out loads of ‘welcome to another year’ mails that were incorrect
Old Sep 15, 2023, 3:48 am

Hi. I took a flight two days ago as part of the outbound of a BA holiday, but the Avios and tier points haven't deposited. I thought from memory the Avios and tier points usually deposited quite quickly after the flight, this seems a bit late. Is this usual for a BA holiday to be a bit delayed?
Old Sep 15, 2023, 5:16 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Dn212
Hi. I took a flight two days ago as part of the outbound of a BA holiday, but the Avios and tier points haven't deposited. I thought from memory the Avios and tier points usually deposited quite quickly after the flight, this seems a bit late. Is this usual for a BA holiday to be a bit delayed?
Mine takes about 3 days to credit. So wait another day at least.
AJA_ likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 11:48 pm

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere in the thread…

I’ve been gold for the last six years and my status has recently been renewed for the next year. I am not expecting to fly as much this collection year due to job changes and so will likely drop to to my soft landing silver in October 2024.

However, I will likely have enough tier points in the next collection year to reach silver. Will this extend my silver status at all past the soft landing, or would this years tier points not count towards anything anyway?

thank you for any advice.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 11:58 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by VisaGlobalEntry

I’ve been gold for the last six years and my status has recently been renewed for the next year. I am not expecting to fly as much this collection year due to job changes and so will likely drop to to my soft landing silver in October 2024.

However, I will likely have enough tier points in the next collection year to reach silver. Will this extend my silver status at all past the soft landing, or would this years tier points not count towards anything anyway?

If you reach Silver through flying you won’t need the soft landing so it sounds like the soft landing will not be relevant in your case. It will extend you as Silver for the following year as would the soft landing but not any longer than that. Any tier points earned will count towards lifetime totals.
VisaGlobalEntry likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 12:02 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by VisaGlobalEntry

So your Gold at the moment and assuming your Tier Point collection year is October.

You will drop down to Silver next year and includes whether you had 0 flights/tier points you would still drop down to Silver.There's no extension for soft landings and even if you had the 4 eligible flights and 1490 points you would still be dropping down from Gold to Silver. Your Gold card though expires at the end of the following month and you keep all the benefits until then.

Going forward, between 9th October 2024 to 8th October 2025 you would have to attain the 600 TP's to retain Silver for 2025 to 2026.

Hope that makes sense!

Pete
VisaGlobalEntry and bzado like this.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 12:06 am

That’s very helpful thank you both for the reply.
PETER01 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 8:01 am

Hey

Can I just confirm something, if I achieve silver with two weeks left of my earning year, I earn silver for the entirety of the next earning year and don't drop down to bronze until the end of the next year?

I.e. I fly on the 17th November and earn silver, tier points reset on 8th December 2023, and I remain silver until the 8th December 2024 (or rather my card expiry after that date) and become bronze?

I'm finding this all a bit confusing.

Thanks.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 8:06 am

Programs: OW Emerald / BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Dn212
Hey

Can I just confirm something, if I achieve silver with two weeks left of my earning year, I earn silver for the entirety of the next earning year and don't drop down to bronze until the end of the next year?

I.e. I fly on the 17th November and earn silver, tier points reset on 8th December 2023, and I remain silver until the 8th December 2024 (or rather my card expiry after that date) and become bronze?

I'm finding this all a bit confusing.

Thanks.
yes you will be silver for the next earning year and you silver card expire at the end of the nexr moth when your earning years ends. In you case you will be Silver until 31st January 2025
AJA_ likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2023, 2:29 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club - Demoted to Bronze and re-promoted to Silver alongside AC Elite 50K (gold) in 2022
Two random questions on Silver membership:

1. Does the bereavement policy include uncles - ie my late mother's brother. I had booked to go and see him, but he's passed away and the funeral is the week before my trip
2. If I'm travelling with a friend on the same flight from Canada to Heathrow AND they;re in another class AND on a different locator, can I take them into lounges at the departing airports, and the arrivals lounge at Heathrow. (they have no status and I'm on a voluntary upgrade to Heathrow

Thanks
Old Sep 22, 2023, 2:41 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Re 1) It includes any family member as I understand it.

Help with bereavement and terminal illnessIf you need to change or cancel an existing booking because a family member has passed away or been diagnosed with a terminal illness, then please contact us on our dedicated line and we will do what we can to help at this difficult time. (Contact details in the link.)
Telephone:
0203 684 9677
(calls charged at local rate)Monday - Friday: 09:00-17:00

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...cts/contact-us

2) If your Silver and therefore OW Sapphire you can guest someone into any *BA/OW lounge. It makes no difference they're on a different booking.

*Arrivals lounge at LHR is no guests I believe and as a Silver you have to be in Club/Business
  • BA Arrivals lounge:
    Member has access when flying BA Club World or First and further access to the inner Concorde Room when flying BA First. No guests
BA lounge access guidelines

Pete

Last edited by PETER01; Sep 22, 2023 at 2:51 pm
Old Sep 25, 2023, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
Looking for BA Marketed flights that are USA Domestic to chalk up those required segments toward Tiers. No luck searching on BA website for flights going to/from OW hubs. Any ideas/suggestions?

Cheers,

-Cyborg
Old Sep 25, 2023, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by cyborg
Looking for BA Marketed flights that are USA Domestic to chalk up those required segments toward Tiers. No luck searching on BA website for flights going to/from OW hubs. Any ideas/suggestions?

Cheers,

-Cyborg
It is not possible to buy a BA US domestic codeshare without a transatlantic connection. There are some BA Caribbean inter-island hops that you can buy.
cyborg, PETER01 and m8_rotate like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.