Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BUGS
1. Promotion to Gold Guest List (Markie)
2. More Gold Upgrades for 2 than there should be (Markie)
3. Flight details have same date for posting as for flight (Markie)
4. American Airline reward flights do not show and cannot be booked online(not sure if they can be booked by phone)
5. Combining avios points with IB is not possible. (alexphj)
6. TP collection year end on landing page shows card expiry date (i.e. end of following month). Correct under 'My Account' sub-menu. (NWIFlyer)
7. No household account although underlying data appears to still be there (many)
8. language set to english (german not available) (Nephoi)
9. AA Business R class domestic flight shows as Economy(R), but properly credits Avios+TP (El_Duderito)
10. Booking reference doesn’t display for partner flights eve though the tag is there (MaxFlyer)
11. Adding/editing contact phone number (for pax and/or additional contact) to 'Australia (+61)' once saved becomes 'Christmas Island (+61)'. (paulieuk)
12. Unable to logon using username - have to use BAEC number instead. (bakera)

'FEATURES'
1. Bronze/Silver/Gold members have some text formatted in Bronze/Silver/Gold text as applicable. Consensus seems to be that it's pretty, but hard to see…

ENHANCEMENTS
1. Additional detail of flights on Front Page (Markie)
2. Scroll back of transactions goes to October 2018 (Markie)
3. Household account redemptions appear differently, with pro-rate Avios transferred from other members into the head of HHA/redeeming member's account, then the total deducted. (sunshinebob) https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33741742-post407.html
Print Wikipost

13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2022, 4:18 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold
Originally Posted by Perisai
Has anyone figured out how I can make a booking for (only) a household account member?
I can select that I want to book for another person, however it keeps my details in as the one for whom the booking is and I can't change these.

(Please apologize if this had been answered before.)
I presume that you're booking an avios ticket.
When you reach the name field with your name already showing as the traveller, click on 'Is the payment cardholder travelling on this booking' and click NO. You will then get a drop down menu of the other names in the account from which to choose. You can then proceed to pay and still use your card to pay.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by Bluekjp
I presume that you're booking an avios ticket.
When you reach the name field with your name already showing as the traveller, click on 'Is the payment cardholder travelling on this booking' and click NO. You will then get a drop down menu of the other names in the account from which to choose. You can then proceed to pay and still use your card to pay.
Indeed talking about an Avios booking (have edited my question accordingly).

The way you describe it, is how it used to work. Unfortunately for me this is not working anymore. When clicking on "no", the traveller details remain mine and unchangeable...
Old Jan 13, 2022, 5:38 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold

The way you describe it, is how it used to work. Unfortunately for me this is not working anymore. When clicking on "no", the traveller details remain mine and unchangeable...
Hmmm. I've just tried a dummy booking in the manner I described and it allows me to proceed. I also booked my daughter a ticket this way about a week ago.
I wonder whether your household account was somehow corrupted in the recent IT changes involving Household accounts. I feel for you.
Perisai likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.

It's probably little consolation, but you're not alone here. See, for example: Unable to book Avios flight for another person.

And it looks the bug has been around for years: Why can we not book a reward flight for another person on BAEC?
Perisai likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 7:14 am

Hi APPL,
You should try after accepting Functional cookies and not just Essential cookies from britishairways website.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 8:32 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
I still cant log in to the app......emailed BA and response as below today in case it helps any one. My IOS is up to date ,I have reinstalled the app, changed password etc.....my better half has no problem logging in.

​​​​​​"Thank you for your email.

I am very sorry to hear you are having issues logging into your account. This is a known issue that has been logged with our IT team and is still being looked into. Currently we do ask members to ensure they are using the most up to date version of the app, if your phone has any pending system updates this can also cause issues. When logging into the app, we also ask members to use their membership number as their log in ID instead of the registered email, as some members do have emails registered to other accounts (for example any member under the age 18 can use the same email).

Unfortunately this is all I will be able to advise at this stage, I have passed your details on to our IT team as currently on our system we are showing no unsuccessful log in attempts for your account, it may be that the BA app is not registering your log in attempts at all.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any disappointment and inconvenience this may have caused.

Please feel free to let us know if we can help you with anything else.
Kind regards"
Old Jan 15, 2022, 5:14 am

Here we go again. I was going to use the BA estore to get a chinese, but once again I am unable to log in. Virgin shops away is quite happy to take my money.
I just dont understand why BA dont get this nonsense fixed.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 10:19 am
ECR

Originally Posted by rapidex
Here we go again. I was going to use the BA estore to get a chinese, but once again I am unable to log in. Virgin shops away is quite happy to take my money.
I just dont understand why BA dont get this nonsense fixed.
I know it is not the point and BA really need to sort this out, but if you want avios for your meal you could look on the Aer Lingus estore to see if it is on there and then transfer any avios earned to BA later.

https://estore.aerlingus.com
Old Jan 16, 2022, 1:10 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by ECR
I know it is not the point and BA really need to sort this out, but if you want avios for your meal you could look on the Aer Lingus estore to see if it is on there and then transfer any avios earned to BA later.

https://estore.aerlingus.com
or via the nectar estore.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 9:06 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
I can't move Avios from BA to Iberia at the moment, it returns an error message: Combine my Avios is not available at the moment. Please try again later

Is anyone alse having similar issues?
Old Jan 29, 2022, 2:23 pm
hmv

Not sure if I am the only one: my TP collection year ends in Dec 22, but card expiry is now 31st of Jan 2024. Shouldnt that be 2023, even with the most recent extensions?
Old Feb 7, 2022, 6:19 pm

can anyone login to BAEC account recently? the same old message is appearing
Old Feb 7, 2022, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by gnomey
can anyone login to BAEC account recently? the same old message is appearing
I also do not have access to my account or the ability to redeem Avios when I tried to login this evening.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 10:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Seems fine for me, although the Android app has crashed or restarted a few times over the last day when I've tried to refresh my account to see TP / Avios.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 12:23 am

Unable to check or book Avios redemption using Chrome, MS Edge browsers, or on my Android smartphone this morning.

Last edited by Uranus06; Feb 8, 2022 at 12:32 am Reason: Correction

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.