Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BUGS
1. Promotion to Gold Guest List (Markie)
2. More Gold Upgrades for 2 than there should be (Markie)
3. Flight details have same date for posting as for flight (Markie)
4. American Airline reward flights do not show and cannot be booked online(not sure if they can be booked by phone)
5. Combining avios points with IB is not possible. (alexphj)
6. TP collection year end on landing page shows card expiry date (i.e. end of following month). Correct under 'My Account' sub-menu. (NWIFlyer)
7. No household account although underlying data appears to still be there (many)
8. language set to english (german not available) (Nephoi)
9. AA Business R class domestic flight shows as Economy(R), but properly credits Avios+TP (El_Duderito)
10. Booking reference doesn’t display for partner flights eve though the tag is there (MaxFlyer)
11. Adding/editing contact phone number (for pax and/or additional contact) to 'Australia (+61)' once saved becomes 'Christmas Island (+61)'. (paulieuk)
12. Unable to logon using username - have to use BAEC number instead. (bakera)

'FEATURES'
1. Bronze/Silver/Gold members have some text formatted in Bronze/Silver/Gold text as applicable. Consensus seems to be that it's pretty, but hard to see…

ENHANCEMENTS
1. Additional detail of flights on Front Page (Markie)
2. Scroll back of transactions goes to October 2018 (Markie)
3. Household account redemptions appear differently, with pro-rate Avios transferred from other members into the head of HHA/redeeming member's account, then the total deducted. (sunshinebob) https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33741742-post407.html
Print Wikipost

13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2021, 2:49 am

apologies for cross posting (here in a more general way)
People may wish to check partner avios and TP earnings as these appear to have gone up the spout. So check if you are earning less than you have historically on a particular route/Oneworld partner combination
I've had a long haul RJ flight credited as 'club europe' and earning 80TPs not 140TPs. Someone I'm guessing has 'corrected' certain things they shouldn't have touched. The problem is that TP calculator is also showing these incorrect levels, so it can be hard to find out historically what was what
Just been on the phone to a very apologetic agent who confirmed there has been no notification of a change in earning levels, and is chasing this up for me, so I'm confident it will be resolved. Apparently there are bugs and errors all over the place at the moment.
This is a complete fiasco. I pity the poor staff who, after a rough 18+months are now having to deal with a self-inflicted mess.

EDIT - why don't BA have a 'virtual' club membership and customer base, that mirrors the real one (they could even use the same data), and then check the operation of website/systems in virtual form, compare with the live version, and make sure everything is working as it should, in terms of displaying, calculating etc etc, and correct these errors before putting a new system in the public domain.... Just a thought. Do I get a prize for innovative out-of-the-box thinking? (oh wait, this is already commonly done in many industries...)
SxMan likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 2:57 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Like others, I apparently also don't have a household account and even going through the link from the email on 28 Sept doesn't work either. I do however still have my household account balance so I guess the core data is still there somewhere. I'll try to log out and access from the email in incognito mode. I do have Family & Friends though.

I also apparently haven't made any partner card nominations, which isn't true. I will try to create a new nomination and see what happens!
Old Nov 24, 2021, 3:12 am

Programs: BAEC GfL
Angry

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Like others, I apparently also don't have a household account and even going through the link from the email on 28 Sept doesn't work either. I do however still have my household account balance so I guess the core data is still there somewhere. I'll try to log out and access from the email in incognito mode. I do have Family & Friends though.

I also apparently haven't made any partner card nominations, which isn't true. I will try to create a new nomination and see what happens!

as above I am also in that scenario and apparently no longer have any "friends and family" keep getting this message

Error

• Sorry, Something went wrong
Nor can I make a booking with Avios get the same message as above, however Mrs Royalscot has no issues and can make Avios bookings, the whole thing is just seriously bad.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 3:15 am
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
Originally Posted by GBOAC
apologies for cross posting (here in a more general way)
People may wish to check partner avios and TP earnings as these appear to have gone up the spout. So check if you are earning less than you have historically on a particular route/Oneworld partner combination
I've had a long haul RJ flight credited as 'club europe' and earning 80TPs not 140TPs. Someone I'm guessing has 'corrected' certain things they shouldn't have touched. The problem is that TP calculator is also showing these incorrect levels, so it can be hard to find out historically what was what
Just been on the phone to a very apologetic agent who confirmed there has been no notification of a change in earning levels, and is chasing this up for me, so I'm confident it will be resolved. Apparently there are bugs and errors all over the place at the moment.
This is a complete fiasco. I pity the poor staff who, after a rough 18+months are now having to deal with a self-inflicted mess.
Thanks for this, with a LHR - AMM flight this Friday hopefully this will rectify otherwise I'll be joining you in having to contact BAEC.

Flight calculator for RJ seems a mess. In business AMM - LHR is now showing as 80 tier points although AMM to CDG, BRU or AMS are still showing as 140 tier points. FRA is now a 40 tier point business flight.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 3:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Is it just me or is nobody else's Amex Avios posting? Looking at the past few months the Avios usually transfer on the dates 19-20th each month with the description 'Finance Card', but the last I received under my BAEC shows 20 Oct - and no posting for this month. (There are points there as I got married last month and the card most definitely got used )
Old Nov 24, 2021, 3:32 am
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
Originally Posted by TPRun
Is it just me or is nobody else's Amex Avios posting? Looking at the past few months the Avios usually transfer on the dates 19-20th each month with the description 'Finance Card', but the last I received under my BAEC shows 20 Oct - and no posting for this month. (There are points there as I got married last month and the card most definitely got used )
I believe it's a common issue post the maintenance shutdown on BAEC. My November Amex Avios were been debited from my Amex card account last week but are yet to appear on my BAEC account. Usually there's a 24/48 hour lag between debit from one to credit on the other.
T8191 and TPRun like this.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by cwl
Thanks for this, with a LHR - AMM flight this Friday hopefully this will rectify otherwise I'll be joining you in having to contact BAEC.

Flight calculator for RJ seems a mess. In business AMM - LHR is now showing as 80 tier points although AMM to CDG, BRU or AMS are still showing as 140 tier points. FRA is now a 40 tier point business flight.
OK, I'm beginning to see a trend here.
On routes also operated by BA (either litterally or the system thinks so), RJ flights are showing BA TP levels. I accidentally plugged in AMM-FRA as a BA not RJ flight and got 40TPs (rather than route not available, so maybe there is a sneaky codeshare there that we don't know about!).
Seems like the 'intern' has only allowed for reading TPs from the BA column on routes operated by BA, rather than the column related to the specific airline operating. Again complete lack of testing. I'm comforted by the fact that Paris, BRU etc are still showing as long haul with RJ, so it seems like there hasn't been a change in policy.

Will try to keep FT updated on how this resolved. Please feel free to do the same both on original credit and any follow-up with BA (especially if we end up with different outcomes, which I would not be surprised about...)

My only worry is this 'error' is in BA's favour, so little incentive to correct it. Or that they have decided that any route Paralleling a BA route cannot earn more TPs than a BA service. This would be a real downer, AND if so should have been advertise accordingly in advance, and not applied to bookings made before that date....
I can't test my hypothesis as I can't think of any other routes where this is direct replication of Shorthaul BA with Longhaul OW....

Last edited by GBOAC; Nov 24, 2021 at 3:50 am
Old Nov 24, 2021, 3:48 am

Well I have just been cut off aqt the point of giving my CCV number for upgrading a leg of a 2-4-1 booking. The lovely Tess has emailed me abnd reassured me all is ok and the upgrade has gone through and I was cut off due to a BA system error. MMB showing the leg as upgraded.

Thank you to Tess for being proactive and emailing me. Her positive can do attitude and proactivity makes such a difference compared to some of the others I have spoken to on the phone,

Why ok why can such upgrades not be done online!!

12 attempts to get through today.
Globaliser likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by i_concur
Well I have just been cut off aqt the point of giving my CCV number for upgrading a leg of a 2-4-1 booking. The lovely Tess has emailed me abnd reassured me all is ok and the upgrade has gone through and I was cut off due to a BA system error. MMB showing the leg as upgraded.

Thank you to Tess for being proactive and emailing me. Her positive can do attitude and proactivity makes such a difference compared to some of the others I have spoken to on the phone,
You may have done this already, but don't forget https://ba.com/welldone

Great BA people - on the ground and in the air - are some of the very best reasons for doing business with BA.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 4:24 am

Apparently Mrs rapidex can't transfer any nectar points into our household account, because we don't have a household account. Marvellous.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
You may have done this already, but don't forget https://ba.com/welldone

Great BA people - on the ground and in the air - are some of the very best reasons for doing business with BA.
Done. Although it is hard to do without lambasting their phone systems. If their phone systems just worlked then people like Tess would not need to go above and beyond (as we call them at work) to reassure customers. Management need to sort the whole executive club out and feally take stock rather than rely on the good employees to carry them, becuase my experience is that the good employees are not always the ones you get through to on the phone.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 5:02 am

I’m due to fly inbound to UK at the weekend but the flights have disappeared from my bookings (even my past bookings don’t show the outbound). When I try to add using the PNR, it tells me all sectors have been flown so cannot add. Have been trying to get through on phone and also sent a Twitter DM yesterday but zero response.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jlh274
I’m due to fly inbound to UK at the weekend but the flights have disappeared from my bookings (even my past bookings don’t show the outbound). When I try to add using the PNR, it tells me all sectors have been flown so cannot add.
Have you tried getting access to the booking directly from the ba.com home page without going through the BAEC list? Do you still get the message about all sectors having been flown? Have you checked your booking using another airline's website? Finnair and Qantas are two that should show you the current state of the booking. It'll also be worth asking the Finnair website to send you an e-ticket receipt (assuming your booking has a working email address for you), to check whether it looks like you have a valid ticket for the flight that you think you should be booked on.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Have you tried getting access to the booking directly from the ba.com home page without going through the BAEC list? Do you still get the message about all sectors having been flown? Have you checked your booking using another airline's website? Finnair and Qantas are two that should show you the current state of the booking. It'll also be worth asking the Finnair website to send you an e-ticket receipt (assuming your booking has a working email address for you), to check whether it looks like you have a valid ticket for the flight that you think you should be booked on.
Thank you so much. Ba.com gives the same message whichever route I take. I logged into Finnair and it shows one way booking only but then when I send myself the e-ticket receipt, both outbound and inbound flights show. I’m a tad confused 😐
Old Nov 24, 2021, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jlh274
Thank you so much. Ba.com gives the same message whichever route I take. I logged into Finnair and it shows one way booking only but then when I send myself the e-ticket receipt, both outbound and inbound flights show. I’m a tad confused 😐
Then I think you do need to phone. You probably have a ticket but no reservation, so unless you get this sorted out there could be trouble at the airport if the flight is full or the agents there can't make you a reservation on which you can use your ticket.

This suggestion is based on recent experience of something very similar, but nothing to do with the BAEC IT work.
jlh274 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.