Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BUGS
1. Promotion to Gold Guest List (Markie)
2. More Gold Upgrades for 2 than there should be (Markie)
3. Flight details have same date for posting as for flight (Markie)
4. American Airline reward flights do not show and cannot be booked online(not sure if they can be booked by phone)
5. Combining avios points with IB is not possible. (alexphj)
6. TP collection year end on landing page shows card expiry date (i.e. end of following month). Correct under 'My Account' sub-menu. (NWIFlyer)
7. No household account although underlying data appears to still be there (many)
8. language set to english (german not available) (Nephoi)
9. AA Business R class domestic flight shows as Economy(R), but properly credits Avios+TP (El_Duderito)
10. Booking reference doesn’t display for partner flights eve though the tag is there (MaxFlyer)
11. Adding/editing contact phone number (for pax and/or additional contact) to 'Australia (+61)' once saved becomes 'Christmas Island (+61)'. (paulieuk)
12. Unable to logon using username - have to use BAEC number instead. (bakera)

'FEATURES'
1. Bronze/Silver/Gold members have some text formatted in Bronze/Silver/Gold text as applicable. Consensus seems to be that it's pretty, but hard to see…

ENHANCEMENTS
1. Additional detail of flights on Front Page (Markie)
2. Scroll back of transactions goes to October 2018 (Markie)
3. Household account redemptions appear differently, with pro-rate Avios transferred from other members into the head of HHA/redeeming member's account, then the total deducted. (sunshinebob) https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33741742-post407.html
Print Wikipost

13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2021, 7:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
well this is what they get for suspending the flights to KRK, so they cannot get to comarch hq
Old Nov 20, 2021, 7:11 am

They have failed on the most basic thing also. Whenever you execute a function in the app that requires interfacing with the website, the ”open BA app” banner pops up within the browser that is now running within the app.Yes, it’s a default call in the code. It is also very lazy coding.

all of this stinks of lowest bidder won the project. Or worse…
NoY, skiaplg, wrp96 and 2 others like this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 8:31 am

Neither an enhancement, or defect, just an observation. I'm still seeing the reduced tier point thresholds (Nov reset) in both app and web. No indication that the reduced tier points need to be achieved by 30th June 2022. I wondered if they might use this release to "fix" this.
contrailsurfer likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 8:37 am

So the farce continues.I thought the guy at nectar I spoke too was taking the pi$$ when he said I wouldn't be able to transfer any points until next week.
With black Friday coming and the Estore still unavailable,I think we will cut our losses and do our shopping through Virgin shops away.
Nephoi and Wing It One World like this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 8:48 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Thanks to the trick, I can see my account. However, I still can't transfer Amex points to extend expiry, which is in 3 days. This is after the scammy Avios e-store refused to honor my purchase.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 9:06 am

Programs: Northwest Plat
I am curious whether BA has testers in their IT department for every release? Didn't see the logic if testers performed pre-prod test well then prod got crashed.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 9:12 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond

im getting a little bit lost here. can someone explain the expression "weekend" to me? i thought this means two days: Saturday and Sunday. not 8.
as a serious note: it seems we cant access until at least monday?!
Old Nov 20, 2021, 9:17 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
Have been told the web access will be down all weekend and back online on Monday.
Also got an apology for the inconvenience, which was nice.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 9:30 am

Programs: Northwest Plat
Originally Posted by camdentown
Have been told the web access will be down all weekend and back online on Monday.
Also got an apology for the inconvenience, which was nice.
sounds sarcastic
Old Nov 20, 2021, 9:31 am

Something that helped me and may help others login. I had been unable to login via the website using the workarounds described in this thread or in either of the apps, iOS or Android, even after the BA Twitter people started telling customers that at least the iOS app was working.

I did a bit of digging and found out that the site appeared to not be handling my password correctly due to an ampersand (&) in it. I'll let others on here jump into the security implications of this but suffice it to say that the combination of the way in which the form data is being submitted and an ampersand in the password is breaking the form.

Anyway, I went to the forgot password page and discovered three things:
1) When I tried to change my password to a new password with an ampersand in it, the password change failed with an error message, which helps support the hypothesis above
2) When I tried to change my password to a new password without an ampersand in it and made the change on my laptop, not only did the password change successfully, but it logged me in to Executive Club and I was able to access my EC on my laptop. This could also provide another login workaround without having to start a booking by simply changing your password
3) After changing my password to a new password without an ampersand, I am now able to login on both apps (iOS and Android) without issue

YMMV but I am now able to access my account online and in the app.
kats likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by beterwurld
Something that helped me and may help others login. I had been unable to login via the website using the workarounds described in this thread or in either of the apps, iOS or Android, even after the BA Twitter people started telling customers that at least the iOS app was working.

I did a bit of digging and found out that the site appeared to not be handling my password correctly due to an ampersand (& in it. I'll let others on here jump into the security implications of this but suffice it to say that the combination of the way in which the form data is being submitted and an ampersand in the password is breaking the form.

1) When I tried to change my password to a new password with an ampersand in it, the password change failed with an error message, which helps support the hypothesis above
2) When I tried to change my password to a new password without an ampersand in it and made the change on my laptop, not only did the password change successfully, but it logged me in to Executive Club and I was able to access my EC on my laptop. This could also provide another login workaround without having to start a booking by simply changing your password
3) After changing my password to a new password without an ampersand, I am now able to login on both apps (iOS and Android) without issue

THANKS!!!!
Old Nov 20, 2021, 9:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by beterwurld

I did a bit of digging and found out that the site appeared to not be handling my password correctly due to an ampersand (& in it. I'll let others on here jump into the security implications of this but suffice it to say that the combination of the way in which the form data is being submitted and an ampersand in the password is breaking the form.

Welcome to FlyerTalk beterwurld and to the BA branch in particular. It’s great to see you here and especially with such a helpful contribution. Hopefully we’ll see more of you, welcome 👍🏻
scoonee and beterwurld like this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 10:42 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Is anybody else imagining this in their head as a mockumentary with Hugh Bonneville staring as the head of Avios Customer Engagement and Satisfaction and leading a rag tag group of IT consultants off a cliff? Sort of a Twenty Twelve meets Silicon Valley…
wrp96, eugnk and crazy8534 like this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 10:44 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by alexphj
I am curious whether BA has testers in their IT department for every release? Didn't see the logic if testers performed pre-prod test well then prod got crashed.
What IT Department? IAG have gone and outsourced everything.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 10:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by stephem
Is anybody else imagining this in their head as a mockumentary with Hugh Bonneville staring as the head of Avios Customer Engagement and Satisfaction and leading a rag tag group of IT consultants off a cliff? Sort of a Twenty Twelve meets Silicon Valley…

John Cleese deserves a role.
Nephoi likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.