Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2021, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
BA at Manchester

MAN airport website for BA info (including security wait times): https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/...itish-airways/

Terminal and check-in desks:

All BA flights depart and arrive at Terminal 3.

Departure:

Fast Track security is available, subject to usual BA rules. It works pretty well most of the time, but do check before you join the fast track lane if it's a single lane to avoid taking longer in fast track than in the normal lanes.

Lounges:

The Escape Lounge in T3 is available for BA passengers. As with the previous arrangement at T3, Escape will allow access along usual BA eligibility rules (class of travel and / or status), including 2 guests for GGL and Premier cardholders. The lounge is open from 04:00 and closes at 20:00 each day.

Gates:

Flights typically depart from from Gate 142 or 143.

Boarding is generally prioritised by Groups.

Arrivals:

Flights land at Terminal 3. WHSmith will be open in Terminal 3 Arrivals.

Flights tend to arrive at Gates 142 or 143, with an airbridge to the terminal. There is a flight of steps down to ground level once in the terminal.
Baggage collection is usually belt 13.
Print Wikipost

BA experience at Manchester

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2024, 9:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by flarmip
Is that now a permanent change, despite the 'usual' Escape lounge having reopened after the refurbishment works?

A good thing in one sense as it means less noise from the Ryanair stag do's and hen parties, but a shame about the loss of the runway views.
Yes, this is now the lounge, it’s the Escape Cardholder Lounge to give it its official name. It also has extended hours for BA, the lounge will be open from 05:00 until 20:00 every day.

Last edited by Tobias-UK; May 17, 2024 at 10:04 am Reason: Correct opening time typo
Old May 17, 2024, 10:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, SAS EBG
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Yes, this is now the lounge, it’s the Escape Cardholder Lounge to give it its official name. It also has extended hours for BA, the lounge will be open from 05:00 until 20:00 every day.
Thanks. Presumably it's now BA-only, with the "original" lounge becoming the Priority Pass/paid-entry option?
Old May 17, 2024, 11:10 am

Programs: BA GGL
Thanks. Presumably it's now BA-only, with the "original" lounge becoming the Priority Pass/paid-entry option?
There were too many people to be BA only last time I visited, I suspect pre-booked Priority Pass and DragonPass amongst others, will check the sign on Sunday morning (if it has been updated!).
flarmip likes this.
Old May 17, 2024, 11:18 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I saw the sign just now and it said BA first followed by PP, DP and some others.

I’m flying FR on a positioning flight so didn’t use the lounge.
Old May 17, 2024, 12:06 pm

I understand this lounge, the Escape Cardholder Lounge, is for BA passengers and (space permitting) PP and certain other card programs. The original Escape Lounge if for paid entry guests plus overflow PP cardholders when space permits.

I've just checked the Priority Pass App and it says PP are to use the original Escape Lounge, but I suspect that may be an error. Up until recently the PP App had both the Escape Lounge and the Escape Cardholder Lounge listed as options.
ademanuele, DeathSlam and flarmip like this.
Old May 17, 2024, 12:32 pm

I wonder if both lounges will remain open permanently, the “new” BA lounge used to be seasonal and closed in the winter months. A relief if paid entry passengers now use the other lounge.
Old May 18, 2024, 11:25 pm

At the BA Lounge this morning, two different signs at the entrance. Opening times different to what’s on the oneworld web site.

MaxFlyer and DeathSlam like this.

Last edited by ademanuele; May 19, 2024 at 1:38 am
Old May 19, 2024, 12:31 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC electrum
Originally Posted by ademanuele
At the BA Lounge this morning, two different signs at the entrance. Opening times different to what’s on the oneworld web site.
I went to the wrong lounge because I just saw the 'cardholders only' sign, so assumed that wasn't me (on a CE booking)
Old May 20, 2024, 12:06 pm

Security was busy/chaotic today, priority lanes by the security trays were not being policed and regular passengers were simply walking into the priority queues. I do have some sympathy with the security staff, passengers just do not bother to follow the rules and slow things down.

A new sign has appeared at the BA lounge. The lounge was quite busy and I asked at the desk whether it was BA only and was told that other passes could also gain access, I wonder if BA are aware? Apparently when the lounge closes (eligible) BA passengers can use the other lounge (which I assume has longer opening hours). The lounge is also apparently seasonal so BA will be back next door after the summer.

KARFA likes this.
Old May 20, 2024, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by ademanuele
... A new sign has appeared at the BA lounge. The lounge was quite busy and I asked at the desk whether it was BA only and was told that other passes could also gain access, I wonder if BA are aware? ...
The lounge is still the Escape Cardholder Lounge but priority is given to eligible BA passengers. When space permits PP and members of other lounge access card programs are allowed access.
ademanuele likes this.
Old May 22, 2024, 11:44 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Miles & Smiles, Skyteam, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honours
Originally Posted by marble35
Happy to. I'm not there until this Sunday night but will have a look around then or Wednesday evening when I'm returning back to LHR.
So, I bring mixed news. There is a definite left luggage kiosk in terminal 3, upstairs at the check-in desks. It was fully shuttered when I got there (18:00 on a Wednesday) but there were lights on inside. So it *may* be in use but unfortunately I can't tell you any more than that. No phone numbers on anything and a couple already there were trying to phone someone to reach them. I took some photos which may or may not be any use. Good luck!

Old May 28, 2024, 2:05 am

Programs: BA Silver
No security queue

I was on BA1389 to LHR yesterday and on the strength of the app telling me that bag drop opened at T -2.5 hours I set off 15 minutes earlier than intended. Big queue for closed bag drop and no desks opened until 5 minutes before the prescribed 2 hours, ended up number 7 in CE queue. I've never seen security so quiet, fast track straight to tray pick up, didn't even have time to prepare my electronics and liquids although I was delayed by BP failure to scan. No queue for normal security either. New lounge much less frantic than Escape although food offering more restricted but nice bacon roll perfectly adequate for breakfast. Self pour drinks the same dubious brands as Escape so not sampled, friendly staff told me it would remain open until mid November and then back to Escape only. BP failure again at gate 143 corridor. Seated on aircraft for almost an hour before take off due to 'rain showers' , possibly an overreaction to recent turbulence issues. Good crew managed to feed me and offer 3 glasses of champagne in the 35 minutes flight. After 20 minutes wait for bags just managed to catch my bus to LGW. Now in LGW lounge awaiting flight to UVF.
BA or bust and flarmip like this.
Old May 28, 2024, 2:35 am

Programs: BA GGL, SAS EBG
Originally Posted by peter3102
I was on BA1389 to LHR yesterday and on the strength of the app telling me that bag drop opened at T -2.5 hours I set off 15 minutes earlier than intended. Big queue for closed bag drop and no desks opened until 5 minutes before the prescribed 2 hours, ended up number 7 in CE queue. I've never seen security so quiet, fast track straight to tray pick up, didn't even have time to prepare my electronics and liquids although I was delayed by BP failure to scan. No queue for normal security either. New lounge much less frantic than Escape although food offering more restricted but nice bacon roll perfectly adequate for breakfast. Self pour drinks the same dubious brands as Escape so not sampled, friendly staff told me it would remain open until mid November and then back to Escape only. BP failure again at gate 143 corridor. Seated on aircraft for almost an hour before take off due to 'rain showers' , possibly an overreaction to recent turbulence issues. Good crew managed to feed me and offer 3 glasses of champagne in the 35 minutes flight. After 20 minutes wait for bags just managed to catch my bus to LGW. Now in LGW lounge awaiting flight to UVF.
Not aware of any material change to BA SOPs following the Singapore Airlines incident. The delay "due to rain showers" was probably more likely shorthand for a delay awaiting a slot into Heathrow. Even the slightest gust of wind can cause delays there, it is panned to operate at nearly 100% of theoretical capacity so if anything goes wrong, there are delays.
KARFA and Arctic Troll like this.
Old May 28, 2024, 9:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Diamond, NOK Star
Yesterday I was early for the 19:40 BA1407 flight, got there around 16:30. I went to the Escape Cardholder Lounge, but was denied entry because "we close at 18:00, so you can go to the other lounge as it closes at 19:30". I went to the other lounge, the yellow one, there was a sign outside saying it was full. I was told "oh, BA passengers use the other lounge, you can go there". He let me in after I explained I had just tried lol.

I wanted to try the Escape Cardholder Lounge because I've been in the yellow one the past three weeks. Not sure I'm missing much though as it looked just as busy and similar food.
Old May 28, 2024, 9:52 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Miles & Smiles, Skyteam, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honours
Originally Posted by manymany
Yesterday I was early for the 19:40 BA1407 flight, got there around 16:30. I went to the Escape Cardholder Lounge, but was denied entry because "we close at 18:00, so you can go to the other lounge as it closes at 19:30". I went to the other lounge, the yellow one, there was a sign outside saying it was full. I was told "oh, BA passengers use the other lounge, you can go there". He let me in after I explained I had just tried lol.

I wanted to try the Escape Cardholder Lounge because I've been in the yellow one the past three weeks. Not sure I'm missing much though as it looked just as busy and similar food.
You're not missing much. Slightly better bar setup but that's it. The food is exactly the same as they have served every single day since the start of 2024. It is May now btw.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.