Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The BA Source [thebasource.com] to close 30th June 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The BA Source [thebasource.com] to close 30th June 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2021, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
In a great kindness, the Seatmaps link on the BA Source (http://thebasource.com/seat-maps/) now redirects to aeroLOPA.

(For more details about that, see Introducing aeroLOPA: a new portfolio of detailed BA cabin layout plans.)
Old Jul 8, 2021, 3:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by bfc2dabone
Will dm you his email

I've sponsored delta kilo on BA Source for a couple of years, was offered free this year because of the pandemic so could well be money issues
You took over my sponsorship as I had MEDK from when BA aquired it, up to a couple of years ago when I forgot to renew.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 6:40 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
What happened to the BA Source?

Hi everyone, first post on here, so apologies if this is in the wrong place! I'm looking for some information on the BA Source. It seems that it unfortunately stopped in 2021, and hasn't been active since. I used to use it a lot (as I'm sure others on here did too), and I miss not having it active anymore. Does anyone know why it stopped, and who used to run the website? I'd like to know a bit more about what's involved in getting it going again.

Thanks!
Old Oct 14, 2022, 6:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
This has some thoughts from around the time it stopped but unfortunately no clear answers on the why/who part: The BA Source [thebasource.com] to close 30th June 2021
Old Oct 16, 2022, 5:33 am

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
Originally Posted by Ibz747
Hi everyone, first post on here, so apologies if this is in the wrong place! I'm looking for some information on the BA Source. It seems that it unfortunately stopped in 2021, and hasn't been active since. I used to use it a lot (as I'm sure others on here did too), and I miss not having it active anymore. Does anyone know why it stopped, and who used to run the website? I'd like to know a bit more about what's involved in getting it going again.

Thanks!
The only information that the domain lookup gives is "East Riding Yorkshire" - all other registration details are redacted for privacy
Old Oct 16, 2022, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Welcome to FlyerTalk Ibz747
I know this is not what you asked but two great resources have popped up that cover some of what the BA source featured.
speedbird.online features things such as aircraft movements and fleet details. It also has lots of other information on things like fares
AeroLOPA started off covering the seat maps of BA but now includes many other airlines and also the BA historic fleet.
FamilyOf6 likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 12:37 pm

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
Originally Posted by layz
Welcome to FlyerTalk Ibz747
I know this is not what you asked but two great resources have popped up that cover some of what the BA source featured.
speedbird.online features things such as aircraft movements and fleet details. It also has lots of other information on things like fares
AeroLOPA started off covering the seat maps of BA but now includes many other airlines and also the BA historic fleet.
I hadn't seen the "noteworthy movements" section ... and a decent number of months covered in the "more noteworthy movements" page

Although I still miss TheBAsource <sob>

thanks

Last edited by fartoomanyusers; Oct 16, 2022 at 12:37 pm Reason: sadness
Old Oct 24, 2023, 6:07 am

Programs: OW Gold, *A Gold, ST Gold
The BA source

https://thebasource.com/ seems to be inactive nowadays. Any information about it? Any website replacing it?
Thank you
Old Oct 24, 2023, 6:40 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
The owner of it sometimes posts on FT, do a search and you should find them, then can send them a PM.
swissdiver likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 7:02 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
It has been replaced by a weekly podcast which is quite informative and entertaining!
swissdiver likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.