Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Introducing aeroLOPA: a new portfolio of detailed BA cabin layout plans

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2021 | 9:48 am
Original Poster
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
40 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

If you have been using the array of aircraft seat maps we have here in the forum, you've probably raised a sigh at times, for example when you needed to access the info quickly, say on your mobile or tablet device, then just as you've finally located the right seat plan, your experience was thwarted by the intrusion of a whopping great animated ad.

Well, the forum's art department has been working on a solution to this, a collection of detailed BA seat plans all curated within a single website called aeroLOPA.

https://www.aerolopa.com/

The site has now moved into Beta and we'd like to offer you an exclusive introduction. In return, it would be great to get your feedback. The BA fleet has been uploaded but the site is presently being proofed before the target launch on 1 June, so it would be great if you help us iron out any tech glitches. There will be AA content too, with a full set of plans currently in production, which will bring a helping hand to our Sofialulu brethren. The site's mission is not to tell you where the best seats are, rather its aim is to provide all the necessary information you need to make your own informed decision.

Enjoy and let us know what's working and any areas you'd like us to attend to.
Old May 23, 2021 | 10:15 am
5 Years on Site

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
What a fantastic resource. I have two comments:

- It would be great if it was possible to zoom out on the seatplans (on desktop devices) without relying exclusively on the browser's zoom capabilities. At the moment (on the 77M for example) I have to zoom out to 25% on my main (horizontal) monitor or 33% on my secondary (vertical) monitor.
- I understand that the images are very high quality and have been "protected" to avoid copy and paste, but the result is that on my 77Mbps broadband connection, the steaplans take up to a full two seconds to load (on the first go, pretty much instantaneous on subsequent visits to the same seat plan. If there is some way around that, it would be great.
Prospero likes this.
Old May 23, 2021 | 10:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Very nice.

789 seat map has incorrect rows. It should be 6-7 in the forward business and not 5 and 6.
would be great if the different cabins floor would be different colours. It can be just a little different shade but it would be more pleasing for the eye.
Prospero and private_md like this.
Old May 23, 2021 | 10:45 am
5 Years on Site

Programs: BAEC GGL
Nice, looking good.

What level of accuracy are you aiming for? For example, noticed not all lavs are representative of their true size.
Prospero and SxMan like this.
Old May 23, 2021 | 1:18 pm
Original Poster
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by wilsnunn
What a fantastic resource. I have two comments:

- It would be great if it was possible to zoom out on the seatplans (on desktop devices) without relying exclusively on the browser's zoom capabilities. At the moment (on the 77M for example) I have to zoom out to 25% on my main (horizontal) monitor or 33% on my secondary (vertical) monitor.
The site is hosted on Format, a platform designed to showcase photography. Format provide quite an extensive range of templates but once you eliminate the templates devised for landscape photos, there are few options remaining. The images are all 800px wide and will reduce in scale to fit the browser window but should not scale upwards beyond 100%, so I’m not quite sure what is happening here.

Originally Posted by wilsnunn
- I understand that the images are very high quality and have been "protected" to avoid copy and paste, but the result is that on my 77Mbps broadband connection, the steaplans take up to a full two seconds to load (on the first go, pretty much instantaneous on subsequent visits to the same seat plan. If there is some way around that, it would be great.
I am experiencing similar load times on a slightly slower broadband connection. For example, the 77M image is 1.2MB so at that size the load time will be a second or two on a fast connection, and perhaps 5-6sec on slower connections. What I can do is run further tests with the vector to bitmap conversion to see if further efficiencies can be made without degrading visual output. So please bear with me on this.
Old May 23, 2021 | 2:32 pm
10 Countries Visited50 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
The A380 upper deck forward club cabin is marked as First
Prospero likes this.
Old May 23, 2021 | 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Krisz
Very nice.

789 seat map has incorrect rows. It should be 6-7 in the forward business and not 5 and 6.
would be great if the different cabins floor would be different colours. It can be just a little different shade but it would be more pleasing for the eye.
Good spot. This has been fixed. Will test your idea of differing cabin floor tones

Originally Posted by revorgap
Nice, looking good.

What level of accuracy are you aiming for? For example, noticed not all lavs are representative of their true size.
The blue coloured blocks that depict the loos were traced off technical blueprints so they are pretty accurate but for simplicity the blue area includes cavities between the internal space and fuselage wall.

Originally Posted by simonsmith
The A380 upper deck forward club cabin is marked as First
lm not seeing this. On the A380 gallery, the main deck layout displays above the upper deck layout
Krisz likes this.
Old May 23, 2021 | 3:10 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

This is a fantastic resource - a massive thank you Prospero and others involved.

I'm not a frequent enough long haul flier to know the myriad variants of the different aircraft seat plans, so have frequently spent time hunting down the specific threads when selecting seats. This will save a lot of time and effort in future!
Old May 23, 2021 | 3:19 pm
LPQ
10 Years on Site

A super new resource. One spot so far:

Clicking on the BA 777 from the Welcome page brings back the three AA 777 types. Clicking the AA 777 on the same page brings back AA 787 types.
Old May 23, 2021 | 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LPQ
A super new resource. One spot so far:

Clicking on the BA 777 from the Welcome page brings back the three AA 777 types. Clicking the AA 777 on the same page brings back AA 787 types.
Ha! You caught me live testing a secondary menu option. I'm not happy with the composition but still think mobile users will appreciate the ability to navigate directly to the aircraft galleries without clicking on the top right "hamburger" icon
Old May 23, 2021 | 3:36 pm
5 Years on Site

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by Prospero
The site is hosted on Format, a platform designed to showcase photography. Format provide quite an extensive range of templates but once you eliminate the templates devised for landscape photos, there are few options remaining. The images are all 800px wide and will reduce in scale to fit the browser window but should not scale upwards beyond 100%, so Im not quite sure what is happening here.
I suppose that my issue here is that I am wanting to see them in landscape format (as they are in the wiki on this thread: Seating guide: Boeing 777). Vertical makes complete sense for mobile devices (and looks fantastic) but horizontal (in my onion) works better for desktop devices.

Originally Posted by Prospero
I am experiencing similar load times on a slightly slower broadband connection. For example, the 77M image is 1.2MB so at that size the load time will be a second or two on a fast connection, and perhaps 5-6sec on slower connections. What I can do is run further tests with the vector to bitmap conversion to see if further efficiencies can be made without degrading visual output. So please bear with me on this.
[Edit to add: I have just checked the speeds again (on some images that I hadn't loaded before) and it is now drastically faster, the image is loaded in less than 0.5s.]

Note that I would have expected an image of that size to load faster than that, surely a 1.2MB file at 77 Mbps should be able to download in much less time (1.2MB = 10.8 Mb, 10.8 Mb / 77 Mbps = 0.135 s [please excuse the notation hacking here]). I think that the issue may be due to the template as it loads the image in a blurred format instantaneously and then unblurs it.
Old May 23, 2021 | 3:39 pm

These look great, better than anything from the airlines.

Quick one noticed, bassinets on 77H are wrong in club
Prospero and T8191 like this.
Old May 23, 2021 | 3:44 pm
5 Years on Site

Programs: Honors Diamond
Great site. Little typo in the BA 777 intro - finally diced should be finely diced. In some of the Club World Suites text fully flay should be fully flat.

I understand that you dont want to go into good and bad seats, but might be useful to flag up direct aisle access CW seats, any seats with limited recline, and note the difference between the Pinnacle and Recaro seats on the A320-series fleet. Have all the weird LGW sub-types gone or is that a work in progress?
Prospero likes this.
Old May 23, 2021 | 3:49 pm
10 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: BAEC Gold / SQ *A Gold / Marriott Titanium
This is great. Quick question, are the rows for people with babies correct? on the 787-9 it lists the back rows of each club cabin as seats for basonettes, but I was under the impression that 10B and 10J were normally the seats reserved for those with babies?
Prospero likes this.
Old May 23, 2021 | 4:00 pm
LPQ
10 Years on Site

I'm viewing on a laptop. Response times good.

The layouts are large and require scrolling but give the advantage of fine detail. For example, location of foot rests and windows are welcome additions. I could almost see the cutlery left fallen between seat and wall.

I would find it easier and quicker to use if the aircraft attributes, eg personal screen sizes, were in list mode rather than embedded in paragraphs of text.

Seat recline is given as if it applies throughout. But I'm sure some seats don't recline, eg before emergency exit rows.

Are there more A320 layouts yet to come?
Prospero likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.