Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2021, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: alexwuk
September 2021 update:

Suspensions of all remaining LGW short haul services further extended to 26 March 2022, with the exception of: one daily MAN-LGW-MAN rotation (BA2509/BA2508) and one daily GLA-LGW-GLA rotation (BA2511/BA2512)

Many LGW short haul routes will continue to operate from LHR in the meantime; exceptions are ALC/CGN/DBV/GOA, which have been suspended until 26th March 2022 ie these destinations will not operated by BA this Winter.

Print Wikipost

BA at Gatwick 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2021, 3:31 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Andrew Shurey
I have a similar request to the above I know it's a long time in the future in fact 4 October and who knows where we will be by then. I was just wonder if the Jer flight will still be flying and if so will it be LHR just A question.
A warm welcome to FT Andrew Shurey

Well it is certainly tough to predict what will happen by October, tbh it's tough to do much predicting in to next week currently. I think it would be surprising if BA pull out of the JER route all together, so I think it will still be going in October. It looks like there will continue to be no short haul from LGW during the summer timetable and that would run to the end of October, so if you forced me to predict I would say JER will still be from LHR at that time.
BAeuro likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 3:44 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by KARFA
A warm welcome to FT Andrew Shurey

Well it is certainly tough to predict what will happen by October, tbh it's tough to do much predicting in to next week currently. I think it would be surprising if BA pull out of the JER route all together, so I think it will still be going in October. It looks like there will continue to be no short haul from LGW during the summer timetable and that would run to the end of October, so if you forced me to predict I would say JER will still be from LHR at that time.
ah, i didnt realize the summer schedule runs to the end of october!(?) i guess i dont understand some of the comments on this thread, specifically those sh routes that still show as selling from LGW...and it is just presumed to be "highly possible" (since no one has a crystal ball) that these for sale will just be moved to LHR again?
Old Jan 6, 2021, 4:45 pm

Programs: BAEC
I think some of the LGW routes will go to T3 if they do come up. For Bilbao as an example, it has a timings matching gaps in the Prague schedule which were only recently axed.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by VSLover
ah, i didnt realize the summer schedule runs to the end of october!(?)
Airline schedules always change on the last Sunday in October and March. The same day as the clocks move (in Europe at least), though I’ve never managed to work out if that’s purely coincidental or by design.
VSLover and ankomonkey like this.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 8:35 pm

Do crew still get their roster on the 13th of the month before? If so, that means we should know by at least 13th Feb whether BA are scrapping SH at LGW.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 2:26 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Originally Posted by BAeuro
Do crew still get their roster on the 13th of the month before? If so, that means we should know by at least 13th Feb whether BA are scrapping SH at LGW.
They are rarely on time during these unprecedented times and even when they are issued its often just blocks of standby for many - so they know when they might be working, but not exactly what.
BAeuro likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by Confus
Airline schedules always change on the last Sunday in October and March. The same day as the clocks move (in Europe at least), though Ive never managed to work out if thats purely coincidental or by design.
I believe it's by design, as not all countries use DST. Saves changing things too many times, although it's not perfect!
Old Jan 14, 2021, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by BAeuro
currently expecting my roster on the 20th Jan. Hopefully.....maybe.....😅
SxMan likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 7:56 am

Programs: BA Gold
Gatwick flights to Barbados are being cancelled in April, which perhaps doesn't bode well.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by A P Yu
It is, but BA Holidays makes most of its money from the caribbean routes / orlando / tampa which happen to fly from Gatwick. If those flights just operate from LHR then BA Holidays still has a function. BA Holidays doesnt need Gatwick, its just where most of the destinations have been served from historically
What are the thoughts on Caribbean flights moving any time soon? Due to fly to Antigua at the end of April, lockdown permitting, from Gatwick for our wedding. Have the Hilton booked at airport but wondering whether i should get a hotel at Heathrow as backup! Though Sofitel at T5 is twice the price as Hilton at Gatwick!
Old Jan 15, 2021, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Love the name, the Hilton T5 is very nice, maybe book that as a backup?
Old Jan 15, 2021, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Love the name, the Hilton T5 is very nice, maybe book that as a backup?
Thanks!

Do they have a shuttle? Was ideally looking at the Sofitel for the "walking into the airport" novelty as well as having four cases and a wedding dress in tough!
Old Jan 15, 2021, 11:22 am

Programs: BA Silver , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by CrazyLilBlondie
Thanks!

Do they have a shuttle? Was ideally looking at the Sofitel for the "walking into the airport" novelty as well as having four cases and a wedding dress in tough!
T5 Hilton accessible by shuttle @ 5 pp each way and can take 30/40 mins ( in the cold ). I suggest you bite the bullet and book the Sofitel bearing in mind the amount or luggage you're carting about.

Congratulations in advance.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
30 to 40 minutes, more like 5 minutes?
DaveS likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 3:26 pm

Programs: BA Silver , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by Can I help you
30 to 40 minutes, more like 5 minutes?
Yes its a quick journey however, the H57 Hoppa is scheduled to run every 30 mins. If you just miss it then it will have taken the 30 or 40 minutes I alluded to.

The hoppa buses were also running on a reduced capacity when I used it recently. If others are ahead of you in the queue you could find you're waiting even longer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.