Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2021, 2:33 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Just to say that in my case at least, the Verifly seems to have updated and gives me green checks without requesting the (unnecessary) test any more. Was able to complete checks and to check in immediately, which is nice since my flight is quite early and I'd rather not to have to go to a crowded check in.
Mine now has the pre-flight test ticked, but greyed. Now ready to travel.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 2:51 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by abligh
Mine now has the pre-flight test ticked, but greyed. Now ready to travel.
Same here. It also seems to recognize I am a transit passenger as I don't see anything on checklist for 2nd day test purchase proof.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 5:22 am

Programs: Free agent AAdvantage LT GLD
Originally Posted by YClass
I also don’t understand why Apps/forms ask you to scan QR codes because inevitably you’ve used the phone to fill the form and iPhone can’t scan itself (as far as I’m aware?).
This doesn't make sense to me either. I reached out to support and they said I should update my camera app or install another app that allows me to scan QR codes. That's incorrect. They need to update their app to allow to upload an image or pdf with the QR code. For now I open the QR code on my backup phone or laptop and let the app scan that from my primary phone.

They also suggested that I print the QR code so I have it as a backup. What's the point of this app if I have to do that?

Also had trouble with the eMed result because of the PDF that requires a password. Got around that with my laptop (re-printed it to PDF w/o a password) but that was a pain too. They should have a comment field when submitting docs so you can mention the password or things like the names being backward with BA itins.

But the results have generally been worth the effort.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 7:00 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by rayfes
This doesn't make sense to me either. I reached out to support and they said I should update my camera app or install another app that allows me to scan QR codes. That's incorrect. They need to update their app to allow to upload an image or pdf with the QR code. For now I open the QR code on my backup phone or laptop and let the app scan that from my primary phone.

They also suggested that I print the QR code so I have it as a backup. What's the point of this app if I have to do that?

Also had trouble with the eMed result because of the PDF that requires a password. Got around that with my laptop (re-printed it to PDF w/o a password) but that was a pain too. They should have a comment field when submitting docs so you can mention the password or things like the names being backward with BA itins.

Would a mirror work for taking scanning a code on the same phone? Like others I used 2 devices to enable me to do this last week.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 7:24 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by rayfes

There's no need to do that, just take a screenshot of the certificate on your phone and upload that. I've done this countless times without issue.
geo1005 likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 12:21 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL
I travelled ZRH to LCY today having filled in Verifly (see previously). I got my green tick, checked in, downloaded a boarding pass, which actually worked. Got to the gate asked the BA representative whether they need to check any documentation - answer "if you have your boarding pass, then no". I said I had an electronic boarding pass and had done Verifly, and the gate agent confirmed that that meant no more document checks. So something is working sometimes.
geo1005 and adrianlondon like this.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 11:51 pm

Programs: BAEC
I had the VeriFLY green tick for my flight this morning from EDI - DFW via LHR. Couldn’t check in online so had to queue for an hour or so at check in in EDI. Got to the front and showed her the VeriFLY and she said it didn’t matter they wanted to see printed copies of the Covid test.
Ruth4325 likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by TangoOneSeven
I had the VeriFLY green tick for my flight this morning from EDI - DFW via LHR. Couldn’t check in online so had to queue for an hour or so at check in in EDI. Got to the front and showed her the VeriFLY and she said it didn’t matter they wanted to see printed copies of the Covid test.
Same. And EDI agent took an uncomfortably long time looking over my BinaxNOW eMed result. I suspect we are on the same flight right now. I’m hopeful VeriFLY speeds boarding at LHR, though with a BP in hand perhaps there’s no further doc check.

jamie
Old Oct 6, 2021, 12:15 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Same. And EDI agent took an uncomfortably long time looking over my BinaxNOW eMed result. I suspect we are on the same flight right now. I’m hopeful VeriFLY speeds boarding at LHR, though with a BP in hand perhaps there’s no further doc check.

jamie
I suspect so, I’ll be in 2A. She did the same to mine. I had my Randox day 2 result printed too and she saw that. No idea what was taking check in so long this am.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 2:07 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Just tried using VeriFLY for the first time and didn't get very far. When I tired to enter the details of my flight to BER next week it only gave me two options for the airline, AA and EI. I am flying BA but there is no option to enter that!
Old Oct 7, 2021, 12:32 pm

Can’t enter date

I’m trying to enter upcoming trip jfk to lhr on 18 October but verifly only has dates up to 15 October. Is there something wrong or am I trying to enter details too early?
Old Oct 7, 2021, 7:15 pm

Programs: BA DL
Originally Posted by johnaalex
Just tried using VeriFLY for the first time and didn't get very far. When I tired to enter the details of my flight to BER next week it only gave me two options for the airline, AA and EI. I am flying BA but there is no option to enter that!
Had exactly the same problem trying to use VeriFLY for a trip to Italy. Messaged VeriFLY. They said BA doesn’t support Italy yet.
johnaalex likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 3:02 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Silver, Hertz President's Club
Originally Posted by wingzing
Had exactly the same problem trying to use VeriFLY for a trip to Italy. Messaged VeriFLY. They said BA doesn’t support Italy yet.
Originally Posted by johnaalex
It's very confusing with British Airways at the moment, but VeriFLY is not used when flying to Germany/Italy. Instead, there is a link in Manage My Booking where you upload your documents. On the way back to the UK, you use VeriFLY to upload your docs. Both options will enable online check in and a mobile boarding pass.
johnaalex and IAMORGAN like this.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 3:16 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I know it's a bit buried, but it is mentioned at the start of this thread. VeriFLY is generally OK for use for flights TO the UK, but only a limited number of places FROM the UK. In some circumstances MMB has a document upload provision instead. It's not worth getting too excited about this, if VeriFLY doesn't provide an easy process it's fine to do it at the airport. For travel to the UK - certainly in terms of BA's route networks, all that needs to be checked now is a PLF and perhaps the vaccine certificate.
johnaalex and bafan like this.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 9:37 am

Programs: BA Gold
For me a very smooth experience so far. The only little stumble block was uploading the preflight test, where I first put in the Dr name on the certificate instead of provider, qured. Got rejected after a while, accepted within minutes after amending and uploading again. Could be made clearer for us who evidently don't get it... All that is left is check-in and flying, ARN->LHR.

Actually haven't read up on the app at all, what I wanted was to be able to OLCI, when flights are few and far between. Should I expect that mission have been accomplished?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.