Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2021, 5:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Nephoi
AA has a different reservation system and a different PNR. you can usually see it using your BA (Amadeus) PNR entering it on cathaypacific manage my booking, check my trip or sometimes even mmb on qantas.com
Thanks. This seems to have solved it. (AA at least) The failure is that the BA site offers top take me to AA to make the changes but the correct info isn't transferred. When I do it manually it works. Now I just need to do some searching on here to see what seats people think are best on the A321 sharklets.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 6:02 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by webstereo
Thanks. This seems to have solved it. (AA at least) The failure is that the BA site offers top take me to AA to make the changes but the correct info isn't transferred. When I do it manually it works. Now I just need to do some searching on here to see what seats people think are best on the A321 sharklets.
Assuming you are in business , on the jfk transcon and travelling with someone, 6ac.

Note though it's near toilets and limted takeoff storage (no seat in front) . For some, a disadvantage.

In F, same, first row.
Nephoi likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
Assuming you are in business , on the jfk transcon and travelling with someone, 6ac.

Note though it's near toilets and limted takeoff storage (no seat in front) . For some, a disadvantage.

In F, same, first row.
Plus the snack basket is out in front of you once it comes out. That could be an advantage or disadvantage depending on how you look at it.
crazyarmadillo and chilglish like this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 6:24 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flashware
Plus the snack basket is out in front of you once it comes out. That could be an advantage or disadvantage depending on how you look at it.
a bumpy ride is made up by crisps falling on your lap!
Old Oct 22, 2021, 6:33 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by flashware
Indeed! We always go for the first row, normally we find the service is better and quicker.

Added advantage of the crew seeing if you need a topup😁
flashware likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 7:59 am

Programs: Chevalier de la Gallentrie - Knight of the Platinum Hair Brush, BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo

In F, same, first row.
Keep in mind as well that if it's A321T Transcon, row 6 is the only one you'll get any decent view from, as the rest are fully over the wing. Good reference here - AA Airbus A321T - aeroLOPA | Detailed aircraft seat plans
ceej123 likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 8:03 am

I chose 6 on the early 18:30 hrs flight and the back row on the 23:30 hrs coming back. Still can't get AY to select seats online though. I have the 350 and I have been put in an aisle seat. I'd prefer a window.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 8:11 am

Programs: Chevalier de la Gallentrie - Knight of the Platinum Hair Brush, BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by webstereo
I chose 6 on the early 18:30 hrs flight and the back row on the 23:30 hrs coming back. Still can't get AY to select seats online though. I have the 350 and I have been put in an aisle seat. I'd prefer a window.
Always worth reaching out to them via twitter - I've had success with AA and JetBlue with that approach when i've had issues - nothing to lose :-)
Old Oct 22, 2021, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by efincomputer
Always worth reaching out to them via twitter - I've had success with AA and JetBlue with that approach when i've had issues - nothing to lose :-)
Another rather quick way is to click the little chatbox icon on the right side of the screen. There a competent agent can help you find your desired seats. Evidently, seat choice on AY MMB is only available on AY tix.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by onobond
Another rather quick way is to click the little chatbox icon on the right side of the screen. There a competent agent can help you find your desired seats. Evidently, seat choice on AY MMB is only available on AY tix.
Tried that with AY - no luck. Called and after a 20 minute wait was answered by a very helpful chap who did it for me after confirming that being BA gold would allow it.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 12:09 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by onobond
Evidently, seat choice on AY MMB is only available on AY tix.
Sorry, but that's a wrong assumption. The issue has to do with mixed itineraries, which removes the option for added services. Those would include the missing seat options. The ticketing carrier isn't the issue. It's an issue that has materialised very recently with the new website design. The old interface worked differently, while you did have a small delay in the seat options opening up.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 4:50 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, Aeroplan
Hi!

Looking for a bit of help - I've done a tier point run before and now looking to do another to get me back to Gold.

I need to travel from LHR-LAX, so can very easily do an ex-EU-PHX type fare or similar. I'm looking to travel early Feb 2022, probably around the 2nd. Any good options out there?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by greenmeadie
Hi!

Looking for a bit of help - I've done a tier point run before and now looking to do another to get me back to Gold.

I need to travel from LHR-LAX, so can very easily do an ex-EU-PHX type fare or similar. I'm looking to travel early Feb 2022, probably around the 2nd. Any good options out there?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Try ex-Italy ( Venice or Milan ) to be specific; for your case.
greenmeadie and chilglish like this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 5:29 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, Aeroplan

Thanks for the advice! I'm having a bit of terrible finding a date with the above though. Any ideas as to what's going wrong?
Old Oct 22, 2021, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by greenmeadie

Thanks for the advice! I'm having a bit of terrible finding a date with the above though. Any ideas as to what's going wrong?
ITA Matrix wouldn't let you search with 4 stops in a single line; you would need to break into segments and do a search as a multi-city.
By the way, you could also choose LAX or SFO as your final destination rather than PHX for this fare.
greenmeadie likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.