Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2021, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by RG1X
Anyone got a super cheap / easy ~130TP option?

Managed to rework my US trip, so that's roughly what I've got left for Gold.
If you're London based, just wait for an EU sale and grab a Club Europe return to one of the 80TP destinations.
The _Banking_Scot and RG1X like this.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
If you're London based, just wait for an EU sale and grab a Club Europe return to one of the 80TP destinations.
I'm not, but LHR is where I usually fly out of anyway.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Also another small remark, generally those EU sales require a Saturday night stay, however, leaving on Saturday and returning on Sunday would work.
Lefly and Ilovethebeachclub like this.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 4:50 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by Ilovethebeachclub
Thanks Jaenks
I can't get those dates to price up with ITA Matrix or Google flights - I'll try again later with other dates.
AGP-SFO 11.8 SFO-AGP 14.8 is the earliest I found in your timeframe for 1550 euro.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 8:55 am

Is Bulgaria / Sophia currently closed to tourism?

The BA restrictions site indicates it is, but then when you drill down to the details it says that citizens of the UK are exempt. Can't really make head nor tails of it.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 9:05 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by RG1X
Is Bulgaria / Sophia currently closed to tourism?

The BA restrictions site indicates it is, but then when you drill down to the details it says that citizens of the UK are exempt. Can't really make head nor tails of it.
Vaccinated pax from the UK can enter Sofia/Bulgaria.
alex67500, RG1X and chilglish like this.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 11:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Emirates Silver.
Hi all, my first post here.

Looking to obtain my first 2,500 tier point Gold Upgrade Voucher. Currently 705 tier points shy with a year ending December 8th. Just wondering what the best options are to get this and the shortest amount of time possible and also if its worth it financially?

Thanks for all your help!
Old Oct 26, 2021, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jamesp21
Hi all, my first post here.

Looking to obtain my first 2,500 tier point Gold Upgrade Voucher. Currently 705 tier points shy with a year ending December 8th. Just wondering what the best options are to get this and the shortest amount of time possible and also if its worth it financially?

Thanks for all your help!
Hi ​​​Jamesp21 and welcome to FlyerTalk!

Before providing suggestions, could I please ask your hometown or the airport that you are planning to fly out of?

Also, 1795TP's on last minute tickets would not be that cheap and I would assume that you would spend at least $3000-4000 to get a GUF which might not be worth in the long run. Also this would take at least 3-4 days of flying which you might not be flexible in terms of date selection as it's slightly last minute.

However, if you're currently Silver and aiming Gold, collecting the remaining 420 TP's might be worth the money.
Rim1 and m8_rotate like this.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 2:24 am

Programs: BA Gold
Hi ​​​Jamesp21 and welcome to FlyerTalk!

Before providing suggestions, could I please ask your hometown or the airport that you are planning to fly out of?

Also, 1795TP's on last minute tickets would not be that cheap and I would assume that you would spend at least $3000-4000 to get a GUF which might not be worth in the long run. Also this would take at least 3-4 days of flying which you might not be flexible in terms of date selection as it's slightly last minute.

However, if you're currently Silver and aiming Gold, collecting the remaining 420 TP's might be worth the money.
I think he means he has 1795 and needs a further 705 to get to 2500.
efincomputer and Jamesp21 like this.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 3:06 am

Also just to let you know, the key of ex-AGP is to get the AGP-HEL segment on Finnair which is one of the rare 140TP routes within Europe.
Hope to take advantage of this next year, fares also seem to be half of that from LHR for more TP!

Are there any other such 140TP routes within Europe?
Old Oct 27, 2021, 3:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I'm doing BCN-LHR_HEL-JFK-LAX-SFO-LAX-JFK-LHR-SOF next June. I will book to go to BCN a few days before with my partner as a little break before heading off on this journey. I'm wondering what others recommendations would be regarding returning from SOF in June? My hope was to B2B on the last (currently only other BA) flight from SOF back to LHR and go home. Would you book the return flight on the same day now? BA currently doesn't have a flight the following day. It's June so who knows what the state of things will be then?
Old Oct 27, 2021, 3:48 am

Chicago Suggestions

Hi All

Just started the slippery slope into tier point runs and not really up on the ita matrix yet. I'm going to Chicago in October 22 for the marathon and was hoping to get enough for silver...or around 500 ish. I'm sure I could top the rest up! Any suggestions on routings would be very appreciated.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by Foldingstars
Hi All

Just started the slippery slope into tier point runs and not really up on the ita matrix yet. I'm going to Chicago in October 22 for the marathon and was hoping to get enough for silver...or around 500 ish. I'm sure I could top the rest up! Any suggestions on routings would be very appreciated.
Where are you starting from?
Old Oct 27, 2021, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by webstereo
Where are you starting from?
Sorry, I'm starting from London. Was thinking of flying to Madrid as an Ex EU?
Old Oct 27, 2021, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by Foldingstars
Sorry, I'm starting from London. Was thinking of flying to Madrid as an Ex EU?
Well I'm far from an expert but you're a bit early to plan right now I believe as fares at that time aren't available yet. But if it were possible I suppose MAD-LHR-JFK-ORD might be worth looking at. Maybe starting in SOF if that worked? Or AGP-HEL-JFK-ORD. Not sure if you could fit LAX in there. Others will know much better than me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.