Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2021, 4:19 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
The ticket was very cheap. I paid less than 950 Euro for the trip. Anything offered here is way more expensive. I think the best is to stick to that ticket. Sadly.
Old May 20, 2021, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Nephoi
The ticket was very cheap. I paid less than 950 Euro for the trip. Anything offered here is way more expensive. I think the best is to stick to that ticket. Sadly.
Is this on 001- or 125- stock?
Old May 20, 2021, 4:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
SOF-LAX on AA/BA:

Code:
V FARE BASIS BK FARE TRAVEL-TICKET AP MINMAX RTG
1 INX1C1S4 I‡R 915.00 ---- ‡/3 ‡‡/12M AT01
PASSENGER TYPE-ADT AUTO PRICE-YES
FROM-SOF TO-LAX CXR-AA TVL-20MAY21 RULE-J602 IPRA/1
FARE BASIS-INX1C1S4 SPECIAL FARE DIS-E VENDOR-ATP
FARE TYPE-BX RT-BUSINESS CLASS EXCURSION
EUR 750.00 MPM E02MAR21 D-INFINITY FC-INX1C1S4 FN-
SYSTEM DATES - CREATED 01MAR21/1112 EXPIRES INFINITY

PUBLISHED RTG SOF-LAX/AA EF-02MAR21 DIS-INDEF

/VIA THE ATLANTIC/ MPM 7948
MILEAGE SYSTEM APPLIES BETWEEN ORIGIN AND DESTINATION
MILEAGE SYSTEM APPLIES ORIGIN TO DESTINATION
TICKETED POINT DEDUCTION OF 550 MILES APPLIES
WHEN TRAVEL IS VIA DFW
TICKETED POINT DEDUCTION OF 550 MILES APPLIES
WHEN TRAVEL IS VIA CHI AND/OR RDU AND/OR MIA AND/OR
CLT
TICKETED POINT DEDUCTION OF 2500 MILES APPLIES
WHEN TRAVEL IS VIA DOH
Spoiler

Old May 20, 2021, 4:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
The benefit of a new ticket is that it would be valid for another year. I believe some of the ex-LUX tickets are hitting the limit soon and could not be rebooked into the far future.
Old May 20, 2021, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Is this on 001- or 125- stock?
Old May 20, 2021, 6:21 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
...i know that they dont "backtrack" anymore, so LUX-LHR-HEL-LHR isnt possible anymore...
Not quite the same, but I had a SFO-PHX-DFW-LAX side trip booked for July, which the AA robot changed to SFO-LAX-DFW-LAX. Not sure whether it would have worked but it got cancelled anyway.

I've also got an AA LUX-SFO trip in July which I probably cant do. There has already been a change to the TATL leg but only by 2 hours which I think AA deem an acceptable change, so I'm not sure yet what my options are or what I want to do about it.
Old May 20, 2021, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Unfortunately, you wouldn't be able to change the dates then. A small reminder that you might not get an opportunity for a full refund beyond this stage if you decide to rebook.

AA wouldn't rebook you to a closer destination as LUX-LHR is running and LUX is being served.
Your safest bet would be to book LUX-LHR-JFK-LAX-SFO. If HEL-ORD is running on the day you intend to travel; try LUX-LHR-HEL-ORD-JFK-SFO which might require two overnights minimum. Also good luck rebooking with AA.

Originally Posted by vintagepilot
Not quite the same, but I had a SFO-PHX-DFW-LAX side trip booked for July, which the AA robot changed to SFO-LAX-DFW-LAX. Not sure whether it would have worked but it got cancelled anyway.

I've also got an AA LUX-SFO trip in July which I probably cant do. There has already been a change to the TATL leg but only by 2 hours which I think AA deem an acceptable change, so I'm not sure yet what my options are or what I want to do about it.
When did the AA robot change your itinerary; something recent or during the major schedule change few weeks ago?
Were your original flights cancelled in this case?

For the LUX-SFO ticket if one of your flights are cancelled, according to EC261/2004 you are entitled for a full refund regardless of rebooking opportunities. Tell AA that you have the right to get a refund, if not proceed to the EC261 department in Luxembourg and submit a claim over there.
Nephoi likes this.
Old May 20, 2021, 6:59 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
The odd flight change happened in March, actually it was for flights in May not July. The agent at the time said that if they were still getting me to my destination, at the same time, it was not refundable.

For the ex-LUX trip, the alternative TATL would make a tight connection at JFK and maybe a knock on effect to SFO. I haven't looked at it in detail or contacted AA yet, but a refund would be the preferred option.
Old May 20, 2021, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vintagepilot
The odd flight change happened in March, actually it was for flights in May not July. The agent at the time said that if they were still getting me to my destination, at the same time, it was not refundable.

For the ex-LUX trip, the alternative TATL would make a tight connection at JFK and maybe a knock on effect to SFO. I haven't looked at it in detail or contacted AA yet, but a refund would be the preferred option.
For the SFO-PHX-DFW-LAX trip, if you haven't confirmed your trip yet, you should be able to get a refund through a US DoT complaint; AA would refuse a refund as they are taking you to your destination within -2/+2 hours but if one of your flights have been cancelled, according to US DoT regulations, you are entitled for a full refund.
Old May 20, 2021, 10:26 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
I’ve recently had cancellations and auto rebookings on AA itineraries from Europe that made minimal difference to my arrival times, in fact one got me there earlier, but both were refunded without issue.

I contacted the AA Twitter team before cancelling, confirmed eligibility for refund, did the cancellation on aa.com and submitted the refund request via the prefunds webpage. Refunds received in 7 days.
Old May 20, 2021, 10:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I recently cancelled my AA ex-LUX to the west coast and the refund was approved within 24 hours and in my account a few days later. It was also a sub-1000 euro fare but I was happy to cancel as air travel really isn't very enjoyable at the moment.
Nephoi likes this.
Old May 20, 2021, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Misco60
I recently cancelled my AA ex-LUX to the west coast and the refund was approved within 24 hours and in my account a few days later. It was also a sub-1000 euro fare but I was happy to cancel as air travel really isn't very enjoyable at the moment.
i still have a slight hope for mid July that twice vaccinated ppl will be welcome to the US of A.
efincomputer likes this.
Old May 20, 2021, 2:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
its also doable via Helsinki AND london.
Sounds like an ideal routing, but I’m struggling to force this route via both HEL and LHR - has anyone else managed to get a working example they could share?
Old May 20, 2021, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GTRtripper
Sounds like an ideal routing, but I’m struggling to force this route via both HEL and LHR - has anyone else managed to get a working example they could share?
How I search these:
You would need to split the routing into two and specify your connecting airports.
If you are trying to book on BA ( 125- ) stock, you would also need to call BA to book these tickets.

Example itinerary:

LancashireFlyer likes this.
Old May 20, 2021, 3:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
There is a BUD-HNL fare for GBP1700 all in J
But is it worth it considering extremely elevated prices in Hawaii? I mean, of course, unless you're hardcore enough to not spend much time on the ground in Hawaii.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.