Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2022, 6:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
BA have just been on another cancellation / time change spree for my AUG ex-SOF run.

JFK-SFO 7:07-10:24 is now 6:30-09:56.
SFO-JFK 6:12-14:55 is now 06:20-14:57
JFK-LHR 19:25-07:30 is now 19:10-07:30

Last flight has been changed twice now from my original 6pm or so on AA that gave me about 1h30.
LHR-SOF flight is still at 8:15am, so they're still making sure I can't get from T5 to T3, clear security and make conformance in 45 mins for the only flight to Sofia that day.

Don't mind getting into SFO early, although might see if that can be changed to a later flight so that I don't get to my hotel after 10pm, and be up 5hrs or so later
Old Apr 17, 2022, 3:27 pm
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)

Can anyone guide me on how to book a pure US domestic trip on BA codeshare? Is that an option? BA will not show any results and ITA does not help either. I have the TP and just need three flights.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by planes&trains
Can anyone guide me on how to book a pure US domestic trip on BA codeshare? Is that an option? BA will not show any results and ITA does not help either. I have the TP and just need three flights.
BA doesn't have any right to sell pure domestic US itineraries.
The BA codeshares within the US ( operated by Alaska or American ) could only be booked in conjunction with a transatlantic itinerary.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 4:29 pm
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
BA doesn't have any right to sell pure domestic US itineraries.
The BA codeshares within the US ( operated by Alaska or American ) could only be booked in conjunction with a transatlantic itinerary.
Thank you. I guess LIS it is.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 12:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Emirates Skywards Silver
Xenole:

"BA have just been on another cancellation / time change spree for my AUG ex-SOF run.

JFK-SFO 7:07-10:24 is now 6:30-09:56.
SFO-JFK 6:12-14:55 is now 06:20-14:57
JFK-LHR 19:25-07:30 is now 19:10-07:30

Last flight has been changed twice now from my original 6pm or so on AA that gave me about 1h30.
LHR-SOF flight is still at 8:15am, so they're still making sure I can't get from T5 to T3, clear security and make conformance in 45 mins for the only flight to Sofia that day.

Don't mind getting into SFO early, although might see if that can be changed to a later flight so that I don't get to my hotel after 10pm, and be up 5hrs or so later"

Am also doing JFK-LHR-SOF this July but my terminal in LHR is 5 not 3. JFK-LHR arrives at T5 and LHR-SOF flies from T5. So 90 mins should be more than enough to make the connection. I don't know why/how your LHR-SOF leaves from T3!
Old Apr 19, 2022, 8:46 am

Hi all, I'm a noob here. I need just over 500 TPs to get to Silver by Feb 23 and wondering if anyone has any advice on the most cost efficient way to do it within Europe without flying long haul. Would appreciate any and all advice! I read through this thread and was looking at configuring options for LHR-HEL but getting some very expensive rates - might have to do with looking at it in June and August rather than off peak travel times.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 8:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Rubric
Hi all, I'm a noob here. I need just over 500 TPs to get to Silver by Feb 23 and wondering if anyone has any advice on the most cost efficient way to do it within Europe without flying long haul. Would appreciate any and all advice! I read through this thread and was looking at configuring options for LHR-HEL but getting some very expensive rates - might have to do with looking at it in June and August rather than off peak travel times.
What dates are you searching for LHR-HEL and what site are you using?
Old Apr 19, 2022, 8:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by lall
Xenole:

Am also doing JFK-LHR-SOF this July but my terminal in LHR is 5 not 3. JFK-LHR arrives at T5 and LHR-SOF flies from T5. So 90 mins should be more than enough to make the connection. I don't know why/how your LHR-SOF leaves from T3!
Apparently it is down as T5. 45 mins is still a very tight connection.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 9:09 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
If you can qualify by the 31st December this year you only need 450 TP's for Silver. To me, that's a nice saving over the usual 600 TP's required.

So if you need just over 500 TP's then you already have some in this membership year?

The £270-ish deal LHR-HEL is available via sites like Travelup.com and fares are available at that level in May if you're flexible on dates.

Alternatively you could do a few days in Malaga starting in Oslo for £565 like this. 360 TP's.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 9:09 am

Programs: BAEC. Gold
If you need 500TP, does that mean that you have 100 at the moment?

Do you know that the thresholds are reduced at the moment, so it's 450 to get to silver.

If you do have 100, you only need another 350....

Are you located in the UK, close to LGW or LHR

4 trips to anywhere in Club Europe will net 320,
Less if you look at one of the longer Europe destinations

Have you looked at the BA holiday offers of double TPs at the moment.?

A 5 night trip to a 160 tp destination in June (Catania, Sofia, Bucharest etc for example) will get you 320 tier points in total and a 5 night mini break as well.

(as David_Doyle said)
Old Apr 19, 2022, 9:47 am

Programs: Was BA GGL but no longer travelling
Originally Posted by David_Doyle
The £270-ish deal LHR-HEL is available via sites like Travelup.com and fares are available at that level in May if you're flexible on dates..
I've never used TravelUp.com. Is it easy to add the BAEC number during the booking process so that the TPs get added automatically, or is it necessary to claim retrospectively?
Old Apr 19, 2022, 9:48 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HighwayToHEL
I've never used TravelUp.com. Is it easy to add the BAEC number during the booking process so that the TPs get added automatically, or is it necessary to claim retrospectively?
Yes plus when you add the booking reference to your BA app you can add it there too. No issues.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 12:04 am

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by webstereo
does a GUF2 earn TP's?
Provided it travels in its own seat, yes
Old Apr 20, 2022, 12:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Some cracking deals to Hawaii from Budapest at the moment for £1300+ and 920 TPs. Lots of availability at the end of the year into March next year
Old Apr 20, 2022, 1:04 am

Has anyone from the UK done a LHR-HEL-LHR recently? I was about to book but according to the Finnish government website, UK citizens require an essential reason to enter the country. Would this be enforced on a back to back journey?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.