Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2021, 2:28 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Jitesh1
Hi all
there used to be a tier point ratio calculator posted on here awhile back. It used to pull data from BA's Cheapest Fares API. I remember it would always take around a day to update.

Nevertheless, I can't find any mention of it on here anymore. Could someone please share it ?
There's a public one on BA: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...r/public/en_gb
Old Dec 6, 2021, 2:30 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
This one? https://speedbird.online/fares.php?v...est_Fares_Tier
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 2:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Amex Plat...
Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes this one! Thanks so much
Old Dec 6, 2021, 12:39 pm

Programs: Centurion BA GGL IHG Diamond
Does anyone know if it is possible to book the SOF-LAX run via BA holidays? I have spoken to two agents on the phone they tell me it is not possible for them to do it however BA .com does offer more flexibility if I wanted to start from SOF-LAX. So my question is has anyone had any luck constructing the fair they want via the website?
Old Dec 6, 2021, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Komodromou
Does anyone know if it is possible to book the SOF-LAX run via BA holidays? I have spoken to two agents on the phone they tell me it is not possible for them to do it however BA .com does offer more flexibility if I wanted to start from SOF-LAX. So my question is has anyone had any luck constructing the fair they want via the website?
Yes they could but you must call Bremen for that as you're going to originate at Sofia.
If you are calling the UK number, they wouldn't be able to book an ex-SOF trip.

Also previously, there were people who were able to construct the fare with 2 stops ( via LHR and JFK only ) on BA.com as a part of a holiday.
Komodromou likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Yes they could but you must call Bremen for that as you're going to originate at Sofia.
If you are calling the UK number, they wouldn't be able to book an ex-SOF trip.

Also previously, there were people who were able to construct the fare with 2 stops ( via LHR and JFK only ) on BA.com as a part of a holiday.
Yeah, I have also just managed to do that however adding in the HEL & MIA leg is proving to be impossible for me on BA.com. Who/ what is Bremen? Germany? tia
Old Dec 6, 2021, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Yeah, I have also just managed to do that however adding in the HEL & MIA leg is proving to be impossible for me on BA.com. Who/ what is Bremen? Germany? tia
Bremen is the European call center where you could access when calling any of the European numbers of BA.
They handle all holidays bookings out of Europe.
Nephoi and Komodromou like this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 12:55 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Bremen is the European call center where you could access when calling any of the European numbers of BA.
they are available 9-17 local time Mon-Fri. whatever that would mean for your timezone.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 1:00 pm

Wealth of knowledge as always IST thank you
Nephoi and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 5:20 am

So just had it confirmed from BA to me that RJ Amman - London route is now mid-haul according to BA and will be awarded tier points accordingly. This is despite it being a Oneworld partner route over 2000 miles and, according to the operating carrier, a long-haul route. This seems to go against BAs own rules/categorisation of partner awarding.

I'm tempted to write back and suggest that JFK-LAX should similarly be reduced as it is a domestic route which only earns 140TPs on the basis that it is over 2000 miles, which clearly means nothing under this new system.

I will certainly be looking to fly to Jordan via TLV in future as WTP with BA plus RJ connection will earn more TPs (and be a similar total price) than RJ or BA Business (as well as being cheaper, and more comfortable than BA).

This all makes status much harder to earn/retain (for me personally, as Amman was a regular route of mine pre-Covid). While BA Amman flights have become cheaper due to being ET, RJ is that same price and product as it always has been I just don't understand why RJ to other (closer) European capitals remain at 140...

They have awarded me the missing TPs on my recent flight, as I booked before the change came in. But this will not be the case going forwards.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GBOAC
So just had it confirmed from BA to me that RJ Amman - London route is now mid-haul according to BA and will be awarded tier points accordingly. This is despite it being a Oneworld partner route over 2000 miles and, according to the operating carrier, a long-haul route. This seems to go against BAs own rules/categorisation of partner awarding.

I'm tempted to write back and suggest that JFK-LAX should similarly be reduced as it is a domestic route which only earns 140TPs on the basis that it is over 2000 miles, which clearly means nothing under this new system.

I will certainly be looking to fly to Jordan via TLV in future as WTP with BA plus RJ connection will earn more TPs (and be a similar total price) than RJ or BA Business (as well as being cheaper, and more comfortable than BA).

This all makes status much harder to earn/retain (for me personally, as Amman was a regular route of mine pre-Covid). While BA Amman flights have become cheaper due to being ET, RJ is that same price and product as it always has been I just don't understand why RJ to other (closer) European capitals remain at 140...

They have awarded me the missing TPs on my recent flight, as I booked before the change came in. But this will not be the case going forwards.
The reason is simple, it's BA's program and they decide what to do. Customers choose with their preferred airline with their wallet as well as their loyalty program by their own.

If we look at a marketing perspective, it looks like BA have lost significant amount of customers on the LHR-AMM route because of the CE downgrade and they don't want more passengers to fly Royal Jordanian because of this. By the way, for the other +2000mi Royal Jordanian EU routes part, BA is not directly competing with Royal Jordanian on those routes and flying BA to Frankfurt or Paris and onwards to Amman with Royal Jordanian would not offer the same convenience as flying direct from London to Amman in a case where most of BAEC members are based in London.

I am sorry, yes, this is not a change in favor of the customer, however, BA has the right to change the terms&conditions of the program anytime.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 6:02 am

Programs: BAEC, QRPC, Amex MR, World of Hyatt, IHG one rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, etc…
Originally Posted by GBOAC

did they not recently apologised to you and credited the extra TP? Did they then follow this up informing you that future travels would be at a lower TP rate?
Old Dec 7, 2021, 11:05 am

So I tried calling Germany twice to make the booking. The girl on the phone told me she does not have access to make a booking with a hotel and again referred me to booking on BA.com. Do you have a number that Is tried and proven by any chance or maybe I just have a lazy agent...
Old Dec 7, 2021, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So I tried calling Germany twice to make the booking. The girl on the phone told me she does not have access to make a booking with a hotel and again referred me to booking on BA.com. Do you have a number that Is tried and proven by any chance or maybe I just have a lazy agent...
The BA Holidays number for Germany would be: +49 (0) 69 9999 15392
The number is different than the standard Germany or the Executive Club number.
Komodromou likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 1:39 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
The BA Holidays number for Germany would be: +49 (0) 69 9999 15392
The number is different than the standard Germany or the Executive Club number.
according to ba.com available 0930 - 1400 MON-FRI localtime.
mikeyfly and Komodromou like this.

Last edited by Nephoi; Dec 7, 2021 at 1:46 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.