Old Jan 24, 2021, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Print Wikipost

BA announces Avios partnership with Nectar

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2021, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by Waggy
That made me laugh since a long time ago (over 15 years!) I once insured an imaginary animal for Tesco's Pet insurance for the whopping clubcard bonus that was on offer - cancelling once the bonus had been received. That tale is legendary amongst my family along with all the various small electrical items I bought for the same reason and then sold on ebay sometimes even for a profit!! - i had plenty of time on my hands at that age!
I had about thirty Now TVs sat in my spare room that I never had time to sell in the end.

Still worked out profitable, just not nearly as much as it should have been!
Waggy likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by RG1X
I had about thirty Now TVs sat in my spare room that I never had time to sell in the end.

Still worked out profitable, just not nearly as much as it should have been!
Once raised 100,000 miles via HP printer cartridges.

paid for two CW returns from Hawaii back in the days of 50,000 miles to anywhere in the US.

cartridges sold on eBay for a loss of about £50.

good times.
haroon145 and RG1X like this.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 2:38 pm

Programs: BAEC and Hilton mostly
Originally Posted by bisonrav
I was wondering about getting an imaginary rabbit and insuring it. But what to call it?

(There is of course only one answer)
There are actually several - you're not thinking big, or bookish, enough - Flopsy, Mopsy, Cottontail (and Peter) (
Old Feb 11, 2021, 3:38 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
There's only one imaginary rabbit really. He's a pookah
Old Feb 12, 2021, 12:16 am

Programs: OWS, *A G
Originally Posted by bisonrav
I was wondering about getting an imaginary rabbit and insuring it. But what to call it?

(There is of course only one answer)
Sainsbunny?
Old Feb 12, 2021, 5:20 am

Programs: BA Gold
I have now done my weekly shopping twice with Sainsburys (I was a faithful Tesco shopper until the Avios switch) and have received a lot of special offers via the app. They are all products that I bought last week so know that they have been tailor-made to me. Next week's shopping should yield a lot more Avios.
fartoomanyusers likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 5:53 am

Bit of a catch 22 for me there. As it stands the "clubcard price" offers are far more valuable than the awful special offers from the Sainsbury's app. Obviously that's not likely to change any time soon if I don't order from them!
Old Feb 12, 2021, 5:45 pm

I transfered 1600 nectar point 2/2/21 , no bonus 500 avios been credited to my BAEC account nor showing double nectar points on nectar app

anybody else had them credited
Old Feb 12, 2021, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by mwp1
I transfered 1600 nectar point 2/2/21 , no bonus 500 avios been credited to my BAEC account nor showing double nectar points on nectar app

No, but it did say the bonus 500 could take up to 28 days. So I’m still waiting patiently.
MiraculousM likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2021, 2:10 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by mwp1

Per the T&Cs bonus 500 Avios will credit up to 28 days from the end of the promotional period ie will be paid no later than 14 March 2021.
Old Feb 13, 2021, 3:45 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
When I am in the UK - I used to shop quite a bit in Sainsbury's for basics and Waitrose for items that I could not buy in the former. I really dislike Tesco - always have and always will. Since all this started I have transferred 4000 Nectar points to Avios. I have taken out a Sainsbury's credit card and will spend the required £200. So yes, it has changed my habits somewhat - but the BA/Tesco thing I never took to as I really dislike Tesco for personal reason. As I have a very good friend who is on the council in a rural part of Suffolk, I know how predatory they are over land acquisition and planning regulations.
squawk likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2021, 4:34 am

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I never took to as I really dislike Tesco for personal reason. As I have a very good friend who is on the council in a rural part of Suffolk, I know how predatory they are over land acquisition and planning regulations.
I have a friend who used to work for a very big supplier - and Tesco were notably the nastiest client. The power Tesco have due to their size allows them to bully anybody they want.
PUCCI GALORE and squawk like this.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 5:38 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Even if you don't like the Daily Mail...

https://www.headforpoints.com/2021/0...he-daily-mail/
Old Feb 14, 2021, 6:18 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
There's a great mymail offer for new accounts - 2000 nectar points for entering numbers essentially today and tomorrow, all new accounts. And you don't have to read it, you don't have to agree with it, and if you happen to find a paper with numbers in from yesterday and do it today with today's as well, you should have enough points to qualify for the Avios transfer bonus regardless of where you are at the moment.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 6:19 am

I'm waiting a week or so to see if anyone that didn't get the promo originally gets their points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.