Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2021, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by RG1X
Glad it wasn't just me!
Me too!
Old Feb 17, 2021, 2:42 pm

Programs: BAEC and Hilton mostly
Originally Posted by yellow_peril
If you haven't got an offer in your Nectar app today, go to your app store and make sure you have the most up to date version. I had not got anything (and thus grumpy) then saw this hint on a deals site and went in and lo and behold there was an update pending. Update done, logged back in and got my bonus of 250 points (so still a bit grumpy!).
Thanks - that's still 250 points I would not have otherwise got!
yellow_peril likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 3:04 pm

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by ab007
Looks like the Mail are cancelling subscriptions for those who weren’t targeted for the avios offer, I’ve just had an email.
I've had the same. 10000 Nectar for a 3 month as an alternative.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 4:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
I’ve transferred 50,000 Avios to Nectar and have enjoyed getting my grocery shopping effectively for free.

I didn’t realise that if you pay with Nectar points, you don’t earn any Nectar points on your shop so you miss out on the personalised Sainsbury’s offers. So what I do now is identify if there are any offers that are attracting a high number of points that I want to buy that week.

If there are, I keep those separate in my trolley and use the Sainsbury’s Smart Shop app on my phone to scan and bag all my ‘normal’ shopping. When I get to the Smart Shop self service machine, I first scan the few items on offer that attract more Nectar points and pay for them by debit card.

Then I pay for the bulk of my shopping already scanned and bagged with my former Avios, now Nectar points.

This means I can shop each week, and earn about 150 Nectar points, while still getting the bulk of my shopping free with my converted Avios.
WickedStepMother likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 11:34 pm

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
Apologies for veering slightly further off topic, but can somebody clarify the maximum redemption in store at Argos?

I have seen a suggestion that there is no limit but the Ts&Cs on the app seem quite clear: "You can spend from 500 (£2.50) to 40000 (£200) Nectar points in one transaction."

However on the Argos website it says "There is no maximum spend if you’re using your Nectar points in-store. You can spend from 500 (£2.50)."

Does anyone have practical experience of this please?
Old Feb 18, 2021, 1:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Looking at my mother's app this morning, she's got an offer of:

"1500 points when you link your mymail and Nectar accounts between the 20th and 21st Feb"
Old Feb 18, 2021, 2:50 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
Originally Posted by bigdavidg
My nectar app had a Juicy points bonus today which gave me 250 points
got 1,000 this morning
WickedStepMother likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by CoweyB
I didn’t realise that if you pay with Nectar points, you don’t earn any Nectar points on your shop so you miss out on the personalised Sainsbury’s offers. So what I do now is identify if there are any offers that are attracting a high number of points that I want to buy that week.
This isn’t how it works for me. I find I don’t get spend points on the amount I cover with a redemption, but do receive them on the amount I pay myself. I also get all the bonus points as normal in the app. I’ve had a look at my spend history over the last few months and on days when I’ve done this there are three entries, one for the redemption, one for normal points earnt, and one for the bonuses.

I’ve never done a full redemption though, only partial, so this could explain it. I also never use smart shop, preferring the self-checkout option.
Hawes7701 likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 4:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
But just putting a bit of milk and fruit through the card has netted me 1,470 points in a fortnight = 918 Avios.
If anyone has worries about chasing Avios, I am sure CWS is not one of them.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by xenole
Looking at my mother's app this morning, she's got an offer of:

"1500 points when you link your mymail and Nectar accounts between the 20th and 21st Feb"
Nectar App?
Old Feb 18, 2021, 5:49 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by OverTheHorizon
Apologies for veering slightly further off topic, but can somebody clarify the maximum redemption in store at Argos?

I have seen a suggestion that there is no limit but the Ts&Cs on the app seem quite clear: "You can spend from 500 (£2.50) to 40000 (£200) Nectar points in one transaction."

However on the Argos website it says "There is no maximum spend if you’re using your Nectar points in-store. You can spend from 500 (£2.50)."

Does anyone have practical experience of this please?
It is the same limit, whether you shop online or in-store.

Online:

You can spend from 500 (£2.50) to a maximum of 40,000 (£200) Nectar points in one transaction. You’ll need to spend your points in 500 point/£2.50 increments (unless your points cover the entire purchase price and the total falls below the maximum points threshold).

In-store:

You can spend from 500 (£2.50) to a maximum of 40,000 (£200) Nectar points in one transaction. You’ll need to spend your points in 500 point/£2.50 increments (unless your points cover the entire purchase price and the total falls below the maximum points threshold).

https://www.argos.co.uk/help/faq/72573
Old Feb 18, 2021, 7:20 am

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
Originally Posted by AJA_
It is the same limit, whether you shop online or in-store.

Online:

In-store:

https://www.argos.co.uk/help/faq/72573
I see your FAQ 72573 1and raise you FAQ 72611 https://www.argos.co.uk/help/faq/72611

"In-store:There is no maximum spend if you’re using your Nectar points in-store. You can spend from 500 (£2.50). You’ll need to spend your points in 500 points/£2.50 increments."
Hence my question 😏
Old Feb 18, 2021, 8:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by tigertanaka
Is this normal for others? Today I got on my app:

1x 30 bonus points
2x 40
1x 50
7x 60
1x 80
3x 90
1x 120
1x 130
3x 150
1x 180

I should say that Sainsbury's has been our regular supermarket for the past couple of years but I only became aware of the app bonuses after the Avios partnership was announced.

(I also got 350 juicy points)
Yes that's virtually identical to what I get. They change weekly but essentially it's the same amount of points, just on slightly different items. Sainsburys is also my regular supermarket. I probably average around 1500 points a week, though it was 1850 today, plus the extra bit for using my BA Amex card to buy it with, so just over 2000 Nectar points today. Plus 270 juicy bonus!
Old Feb 18, 2021, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by HarryHolden68
If anyone has worries about chasing Avios, I am sure CWS is not one of them.
You would be quite wrong. CWS is just as mad as the rest of us when chasing points or Avios.
He is also a very popular attendee at do's.
HarryHolden68 likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 8:17 am

Do gift cards count towards spent for Nectar credit card bonus?

We recently got the Nectar credit card which has a 10,000 point bonus if spending £400 at Sainsbury’s/Argos in the first two months. Does anyone know whether gift cards count towards this spend? If we were say £50 short near the end of the promo period it would be an easy way to ensure we hit it (instead of buying even more wine...)

I’m also interested that so many people are getting tons of Nectar offers in the app. I only ever get six per week, though because they’re valid for just over a week you usually have a couple of days where there are several more than 6 active.

In fairness Sainsbury’s isn’t my regular supermarket for a weekly shop, but I do buy odds and ends from them on a semi-regular basis and over the last couple of months have made several large shops there. More interestingly, my better half has done quite a few shops there in the last few months and likewise only seems to get 6 offers at a time.

As for the “fruity bonus” yesterday, we both received 1000 Nectar points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.