FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Print Wikipost

BA announces Avios partnership with Nectar

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2021, 6:33 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Originally Posted by RG1X
I'm waiting a week or so to see if anyone that didn't get the promo originally gets their points.
no one will get them in a week or so, so waiting isn’t helpful. Anyway you can hedge your bets as there’s free 14 day cancellation if you don’t use any of the vouchers.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 6:34 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by RG1X
I'm waiting a week or so to see if anyone that didn't get the promo originally gets their points.
The points don't get awarded until after the end date of the promotion -
"Ł150 worth of Nectar points will be credited per person, per one subscription only, within 25 days of renewing the second month subscription. Subscription will auto renew after the expiry of the first calendar month at a cost of Ł26.80."
So if you wait you will miss the opportunity.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 7:39 am

Balls to that then. The cash I could live with losing, but not giving The Mail money and getting noting but the rag in return.
lhrpete, MiraculousM and TGLoyalty like this.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by bisonrav
There's a great mymail offer for new accounts - 2000 nectar points for entering numbers essentially today and tomorrow, all new accounts. And you don't have to read it, you don't have to agree with it, and if you happen to find a paper with numbers in from yesterday and do it today with today's as well, you should have enough points to qualify for the Avios transfer bonus regardless of where you are at the moment.
Unfortunately the points don't credit instantly, much to the disappointment of the recently and unexpectedly come of age Master Bisonrav. I did find a number for yesterday as well as today's free Waitrose copy, but sadly no additional instant 2000. Good deal though.

On the subscription offer, you get lots of confirmations mentioning the nectar credits, there's nothing about invitation only, and a 14 day cooling off period to see what happens.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 8:02 am

Programs: BA Gold
T&C’s have been updated to exclude people that didn’t get the email.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 11:59 am

Unfortunately the points don't credit instantly, much to the disappointment of the recently and unexpectedly come of age Master Bisonrav. I did find a number for yesterday as well as today's free Waitrose copy, but sadly no additional instant 2000. Good deal though.

On the subscription offer, you get lots of confirmations mentioning the nectar credits, there's nothing about invitation only, and a 14 day cooling off period to see what happens.
I created a new account but don't see the offer. Does it show up in the list or is there a landing page for it?
bisonrav likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 12:02 pm

It's in the newspaper itself You need two sets of unique numbers from Sat, Sun, or Mon, so basically you need to get today's sharpish. The deal is printed in the paper today, I'll take a snap and post it. Master B found it in fact, I very rarely open the paper, but he got quite excited by the idea of Nectar points and went looking.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 12:04 pm

Ignore the guff about M&S card, though MyMail does allow you to extract vouchers for M&S should that be the direction you dress.

Old Feb 14, 2021, 3:42 pm

Ignore the guff about M&S card, though MyMail does allow you to extract vouchers for M&S should that be the direction you dress.

so basically I just take a pic of the back page of the mail each day for this code and enter it on my mail which I’ve just joined and it gives you free nectar points daily 🤔
Old Feb 15, 2021, 12:15 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
May I enquire as to whether anyone has been offered the Instant Win Bonus via the Nectar app in the last week or so?

I last saw it on 3rd Feb and have shopped in store 3 times since
Old Feb 15, 2021, 12:23 am

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
Originally Posted by Delboy65
May I enquire as to whether anyone has been offered the Instant Win Bonus via the Nectar app in the last week or so?

Yes, last Tuesday (the last time I shopped without earning any bonus points).
Delboy65 likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2021, 12:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by GumshoeW12
Yes, last Tuesday (the last time I shopped without earning any bonus points).
My mother got one for 15 points even though she had shopped in Sainsbury within a day of it appearing.
I haven't one since last year
Delboy65 likes this.

Last edited by xenole; Feb 15, 2021 at 7:17 am
Old Feb 15, 2021, 1:07 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite

Yes two days ago.
Delboy65 likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2021, 1:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold

For me it only pops up when I do a little shop.

My weekly shop, I never see it.

If I nip in to get a lemon and a pint of milk then I see it most of the time.
yellow_peril and Delboy65 like this.
Old Feb 15, 2021, 2:32 am
A13

Programs: BA Silver

Pops up for me every time, so long as i haven't used/triggered one of the in-app bonus offers, in which case it just pops up saying they've added my points.
Delboy65 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.