Silver
0800 408 0009 (from the UK)
+44 207 949 3065 (outside the UK)

Bronze

0800 597 7580 (from the UK)
+44 (0) 207 949 3086 (outside the UK)

Blue
0844 493 0747 (from the UK)
Calls charged at 7 pence per minute plus your phone company’s access charge. Mobile charges may be higher.

0344 493 0747 (from the UK)

Included in any applicable call packages, otherwise standard landline rates when calling from a UK landline.
Included in talktime and bundled minutes, otherwise standard rates apply when calling from a UK mobile.

+44 207 949 3086 (outside the UK)

International Call Centre Contact Numbers

Spain

+34 910 50 75 50
(Option 1 for Gold, Option 2 for Silver, Bronze and Blue)

1 hour rule

If you are holding for 1 hour you will normally be cut off. Normally, the 1 hour cut-off doesn't happen if you are actually speaking to someone, it's only if you are holding. But if you get through to someone just before the hour, make sure you tell them that you are coming up to the 1 hour point and they will then note your number if you do get cut off and call you back.

Good times to call

The UK lines open at 8am. If you try to get in the queue before 8am you will get a message saying that the call centre is closed, so it's best to dial at exactly 7.58am. The introduction message talking about data policy etc. lasts for just over a minute, so by 8am you should get to the "to change your flight press 1" menu. To change a flight booked with Avios, flight only, the options are 1,1,1 so as soon as your phone says it's 8am, hit the 1,1,1. You probably won't get through immediately but you probably will get through before being cut off at the 1 hour mark.

Print Wikipost

Current Status of BA Call Center

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2022, 7:52 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Gold line this morning (not 1st thing), about 10 minutes wait - main difference is the music on hold and the messages have changed, seemingly a bit less covid focused.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 12:59 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
Next preservation booking to be made and not so lucky.

Tried both of the GGL numbers (0800 and 020) a number of times from 1930, and each time got the message that effectively says, "sorry, we're so busy we're just going to cut you off - but do try again"

Not impressed.

Anyone got the Premier Card 'phone number?
Old Jan 6, 2022, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan
So, I'm up to 4 times getting cut off on the phone. I am absolutely fascinated by British Airway utter lack of customer service. This is insanity.
Have been trying to call since Monday & have been disconnected after an hour 4-5 times daily. This is day number 4 now.

I have an Avios reservation for Sunday that I need to cancel but just can't seem to get though to anyone.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 3:49 pm

Rang at 7:59 to make a new BAH booking, straight into the queue and answered after about 15 minutes. Took an hour and 35 mins to complete booking though , sorry to anyone in the queue behind me.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by Plu2370
Rang at 7:59 to make a new BAH booking, straight into the queue and answered after about 15 minutes. Took an hour and 35 mins to complete booking though , sorry to anyone in the queue behind me.
I've literally called 50+ times and I've never got through the automated hang up. I'm genuinely not convinced that they have a queue, just one person that's either busy, or not.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 4:35 pm

I have had good luck several times recently by calling the BA line in Spain.

Spain +349 1050 7550
Old Jan 6, 2022, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Keyser
Have been trying to call since Monday & have been disconnected after an hour 4-5 times daily. This is day number 4 now.

I have an Avios reservation for Sunday that I need to cancel but just can't seem to get though to anyone.
Finally got through to an agent earlier this evening. Was on hold for about 58 minutes before getting through. I informed her I was coming up to the 1 hour mark & she called me back immediately when the call disconnected. Took another 5 minutes to cancel the booking & re-credit the Avios back to my account.
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 4:45 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (GGL, GFL)
Originally Posted by RG1X
I've literally called 50+ times and I've never got through the automated hang up. I'm genuinely not convinced that they have a queue, just one person that's either busy, or not.
I would really love to know (1) how many BAH agents are on duty (2) how many would normally be on duty were it not for sickness etc and (3) what the queue capacity is.

My next question would be why can’t “normal” agents eg the GGL team deal with BAH bookings, particularly where a change to the ground part of the booking is not required. My booking is flight plus car hire, I just need to rebook the flights as they have been cancelled and no alternative offered via MMB.
RG1X likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 5:04 am

I've found this annoying too!

However I suspect that BAH a separate profit centre, in which case as the BAH profit centre would get the revenue for a 'holiday' booking, their staff would have to field calls about these 'holidays'.

I suppose there is also the technical point that any change of flights would most likely require a change of car hire/hotel arrangements and the call centre staff, even on the GGL line, wouldn't have been trained in, or even have access to, those areas of the BA booking system.

PS I tried again this morning to make my second and final preservation booking, and got through after 15 minutes of hold music, so not too bad. As ever, the person I spoke to was friendly, knowledgeable and efficient.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 5:09 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (GGL, GFL)
Interesting. I thought the whole business model of IAG was centred around simplicity of operations, shared platforms etc - having BAH ring fenced in that way seems inconsistent with that.

I can understand why only BAH agents would be able to handle changes where a hotel or car hire booking needs to be amended. But in my case it doesn’t, I just need to rebook the flights.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 5:26 am

I've had exec club staff deal with BA Holidays bookings (silver and gold line), so the whole thing confuses me. Or at least, I definitely called the exec club number rather than the BA Holidays one... no idea how I might have been routed after that.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 7:56 am

I think I've normally been transferred internally when it's become clear that my booking was more than flights-only, but have sometimes been advised to phone BAH direct.

I hope that I've finally got it into my head that while adding car-hire onto a BA flight booking may save a few bob, it can significantly reduces flexibility if I need to make any subsequent changes.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 8:13 am

Just another data point here, called BAH at 1:30pm this afternoon (my flight was one that was moved from LHR back to LGW) and was answered after 54 mins. The person that answered was excellent and gave me all the options for rebooking etc and even threw in a couple of suggestions I had not thought of and actually now re-booked (without charge) to remain at LHR with better dates than I had before
Old Jan 7, 2022, 10:42 am

Called and got bumped off after an hour. Its abyssmal the service to get through. Would love to knotw how many calls are being processed an hour..
Old Jan 7, 2022, 10:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
I have only needed to call thrice in the past few weeks, however my experience was that both calls were answered within 10 minutes and my issues dealt with in a very timely manner. I have been calling the UK gold line before 11am each time and have spoken with them regarding two cash bookings and one Avios booking.

The only advice that I can offer is to try before 11am on the Gold line (if you have access to it) as that is where I have been having success.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.