Silver
0800 408 0009 (from the UK)
+44 207 949 3065 (outside the UK)

Bronze

0800 597 7580 (from the UK)
+44 (0) 207 949 3086 (outside the UK)

Blue
0844 493 0747 (from the UK)
Calls charged at 7 pence per minute plus your phone company’s access charge. Mobile charges may be higher.

0344 493 0747 (from the UK)

Included in any applicable call packages, otherwise standard landline rates when calling from a UK landline.
Included in talktime and bundled minutes, otherwise standard rates apply when calling from a UK mobile.

+44 207 949 3086 (outside the UK)

International Call Centre Contact Numbers

Spain

+34 910 50 75 50
(Option 1 for Gold, Option 2 for Silver, Bronze and Blue)

1 hour rule

If you are holding for 1 hour you will normally be cut off. Normally, the 1 hour cut-off doesn't happen if you are actually speaking to someone, it's only if you are holding. But if you get through to someone just before the hour, make sure you tell them that you are coming up to the 1 hour point and they will then note your number if you do get cut off and call you back.

Good times to call

The UK lines open at 8am. If you try to get in the queue before 8am you will get a message saying that the call centre is closed, so it's best to dial at exactly 7.58am. The introduction message talking about data policy etc. lasts for just over a minute, so by 8am you should get to the "to change your flight press 1" menu. To change a flight booked with Avios, flight only, the options are 1,1,1 so as soon as your phone says it's 8am, hit the 1,1,1. You probably won't get through immediately but you probably will get through before being cut off at the 1 hour mark.

Print Wikipost

Current Status of BA Call Center

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2022, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by kingcole974
Could you remind me what this number is? I need to call book a 241 and pay for with a FTV that contains a 241, Avios and cash. It's for EZE and I need specific dates in 2023
I have PMed you.

rb211.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 12:32 pm

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
Can anyone help me rationalise what might be going on pls?

after spending over 5 hrs on various phone calls I managed (I hope) to secure (6/1) and ticket flights for my son and his wife in April from SYD -MAN using my GUF2. The agent took my Amex card and the payment appeared as pending.

the booking then didn’t show the GUF2 so after ages I got through and the agents said it will as it’s a manual process to apply?

it duly showed up 8/1 and I thought fine, I logged into Amex today and the booking had disappeared. I rang Amex and they said the booking was approved on the 6/1 however BA had not processed it. It has now disappeared from my Amex account.

I have tried BA all day via the GOld line and DM on Twitter, and they are saying no calls are being taken due volume! Leaving the business aspects of that aside has anyone experienced the same and can I rest assured BA will fulfil the contract and take payment for the ticketed sale?

in manage my booking all looks fine.

the only reason I am asking as an experienced traveller, is that it’s been a long time, loaded with very personal reasons we want our son home and want to be as sure as we can that all is well on the booking front.

thanks and appreciate helpful responses
T

Last edited by Telecasterman; Jan 11, 2022 at 12:37 pm
Old Jan 11, 2022, 12:44 pm

Programs: BA, Accor, Hilton, ITA
Originally Posted by Telecasterman

in manage my booking all looks fine.

thanks and appreciate helpful responses
T
This is normal. Ticket can’t be issued until GUF upgrade is processed by back office, Hence why the pending has fallen off. It’ll be in a queue depending on how far in the future it is. The only thing with your situation is I think if they don’t take the money within 28 days they have to contact you again for your CC details again as that falls off the system.

I had a 241 with GUF booked and a flight was changed in my final leg from LHR>MAN last month. The flight is early March, that last leg still isn’t ticketed after I accepted the change. You just need to keep an eye on these things, as if it gets stuck and the ticket isn’t reissued, it can cause an issue when checking in. I will probably checkup on mine a every few weeks until I get worried at T minus 7 days!
Telecasterman likes this.

Last edited by cheshirepete; Jan 11, 2022 at 12:52 pm
Old Jan 11, 2022, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by cheshirepete
This is normal. Ticket can’t be issued until GUF upgrade is processed by back office, Hence why the pending has fallen off. It’ll be in a queue depending on how far in the future it is.

thank you - appreciated
T
Old Jan 11, 2022, 2:35 pm

So nice for those of you getting a nice message that they're too busy. Bronze been trying to call for the last few days, press 1 - 3 - 2 or 1 - 3 - 1, instant disconnect. Tried Twitter bot, not responding. How they've gone downhill, for shame.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 3:12 pm

Have been trying to cancel an award ticket booked on partner airline. Usually taxes are very low, so it's much less than otherwise $55 fee.

This time website only offers eVoucher for future travel.

Have been on hold for hours, no luck getting through.

Any suggestions how to proceed?
Old Jan 11, 2022, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by topperdoggle
So nice for those of you getting a nice message that they're too busy. Bronze been trying to call for the last few days, press 1 - 3 - 2 or 1 - 3 - 1, instant disconnect. Tried Twitter bot, not responding. How they've gone downhill, for shame.
i agree, that’s what I get to many times. I’m not sure it’s anything to do with status. Sorry, it’s shambolic

fwiw I’d be off I’d wasn’t for my GUF for my son
Old Jan 11, 2022, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by MickV
ive tried every option on the gold line this morning and cut off each time, 'sorry cant answer your call' fun times. Probably to be expected with the covid numbers, staff absence etc etc
Its just a huge volume of calls each day into all departments.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 1:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
0759 - sorry, office is closed
0800 - we are taking significant volumes of calls and can’t take your call right now blah, blah, blah

Same. Every single day. Utterly hopeless. Why can’t they just take on some staff?
Old Jan 12, 2022, 1:56 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
Originally Posted by wb1969
0759 - sorry, office is closed
0800 - we are taking significant volumes of calls and can’t take your call right now blah, blah, blah

Same. Every single day. Utterly hopeless. Why can’t they just take on some staff?
The problem is not lack of staff. The problem is the inability to make simple changes to bookings on the web site.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 3:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by DaveS
The problem is not lack of staff. The problem is the inability to make simple changes to bookings on the web site.
Absolutely. A half decent IT system would remove the need for a massive percentage of the calls.
MaxFlyer and contractor like this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 3:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by wb1969
Absolutely. A half decent IT system would remove the need for a massive percentage of the calls.
Or getting rid of FTV and just using evouchers that people can self serve with.
adrianlondon, enzian and planetbox like this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 5:40 am

Utter shambles. Can't change avios flight on website as 'system error', can't get through on phone to exec club as 'they are dealing with urgent stuff'.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 7:43 am

Moderately concerned that I've had no confirmation after cancelling my booking yesterday. Still showing on the site too.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by sorp222
Utter shambles. Can't change avios flight on website as 'system error', can't get through on phone to exec club as 'they are dealing with urgent stuff'.

Having contacted bA on Twitter I got a call from the social media team within 3 hours who put through my change requests - maybe Twitter is way too get in touch?
Tilly71 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.