Silver
0800 408 0009 (from the UK)
+44 207 949 3065 (outside the UK)

Bronze

0800 597 7580 (from the UK)
+44 (0) 207 949 3086 (outside the UK)

Blue
0844 493 0747 (from the UK)
Calls charged at 7 pence per minute plus your phone company’s access charge. Mobile charges may be higher.

0344 493 0747 (from the UK)

Included in any applicable call packages, otherwise standard landline rates when calling from a UK landline.
Included in talktime and bundled minutes, otherwise standard rates apply when calling from a UK mobile.

+44 207 949 3086 (outside the UK)

International Call Centre Contact Numbers

Spain

+34 910 50 75 50
(Option 1 for Gold, Option 2 for Silver, Bronze and Blue)

1 hour rule

If you are holding for 1 hour you will normally be cut off. Normally, the 1 hour cut-off doesn't happen if you are actually speaking to someone, it's only if you are holding. But if you get through to someone just before the hour, make sure you tell them that you are coming up to the 1 hour point and they will then note your number if you do get cut off and call you back.

Good times to call

The UK lines open at 8am. If you try to get in the queue before 8am you will get a message saying that the call centre is closed, so it's best to dial at exactly 7.58am. The introduction message talking about data policy etc. lasts for just over a minute, so by 8am you should get to the "to change your flight press 1" menu. To change a flight booked with Avios, flight only, the options are 1,1,1 so as soon as your phone says it's 8am, hit the 1,1,1. You probably won't get through immediately but you probably will get through before being cut off at the 1 hour mark.

Print Wikipost

Current Status of BA Call Center

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2021, 6:07 am

Programs: BA Silver AA Lifetime Gold
After trying to get through for a few days to UUA on a BAH booking finally got through by calling the Silver line at 0800 and waited around five minutes. Of course the F seat had gone by then ggrrrr.
Was able to change my last leg back to a LGW departure while I was on the phone so not a total loss.

Spike
Old Dec 16, 2021, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
If you make a cash booking and then upgrade using Avios is that still a cash booking or does it get reclassified as an Avios booking?

Asking so when I call I can select the correct option and don’t get told I’m in the wrong queue and have to start again.
I got passed from pillar to post several times on this. The 'cash booking' people will tell you that it is an Avios booking and the 'Avios people' will tell you it is a cash booking and each can't do it. Got it done on both occasions (both to the India call center) by 'banging the table' but it's a crapshoot. I won't book cash and upgrade with Avios again if there is any chance of my cancelling the booking.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 10:51 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Just been trying to call the Gold line. Hold music for an hour and it then cut me off!
Old Dec 16, 2021, 11:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by gms
Just been trying to call the Gold line. Hold music for an hour and it then cut me off!
Same fate on the Silver line, on four occasions in a row across three days now. Haven't yet gotten through to any human. Our departure is on Monday...
Old Dec 16, 2021, 12:07 pm

Does BA still have a call centre?

Just wondered - Easyjet, Ryanair and American Airlines all answer their phones.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 12:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Gold line doesn’t even go through the usual intro at the moment, just “we’re sorry we can’t take your call right now”. Great.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 12:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Well if you guys feel better the GGL line cut of as well. No idea who can actually call BA at all!
Old Dec 16, 2021, 2:14 pm

Programs: Executive Club
Tried on two separate phones to call the UK and the US silver numbers, waited 1 hour on both and got cut off. What an atrocious way to deal with loyal customers it's not as if the pandemic has just started.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 3:19 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Alitalia Freccia Alata
This is happening even on YouFirst. Hold for 60 minutes then disconnect.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 3:20 pm

The 1hr cut-off is atrocious, and the experience could have been improved immeasurably if they would just announce expected wait times (a callback feature to hold your place in the queue would be even better). I just can't fathom why they haven't upgraded their IT systems and contact centre platform. They would easily been able to do so in since the pandemic started.

I just got an engaged tone when ringing the US line - now ringing You First in the off chance they'll help me. 15 mins and counting...
Old Dec 16, 2021, 3:35 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
Two lots of 1-hour cut offs for me today too. Gave up at that point. Will try again tomorrow.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 3:56 pm

Just to report back - rang You First - got through to someone who identified the line as the GGL line after about 20 mins. He apologised for the issue I had contacting the US line and sorted my change out no problem. I'm now very excitedly looking forward to my first ever First experience....
Old Dec 16, 2021, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Try SIN
Old Dec 16, 2021, 11:18 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club - Demoted to Bronze and re-promoted to Silver alongside AC Elite 50K (gold) in 2022
we tried to get through to the call center from Toronto. 4 days we tried getting cut off at 59:59 minutes every time. If we were on at 1959, we got the sorry we're closed. The one time I got through, at 1940 with 20 mins to cancel the avios flights, when the call go to 59:59, i got cut off with a cry around the house of "Nooooooooooooo" We tried the virtual assistant and were promised we'd be got back to within 24 hours. (we weren't)
Finally, right at the bottom of the homepage (I think) is the tiny icon and words, try our virtual assistant. We were finally connected to someone who was helpful but wouldn't refund the avois and taxed as they hadn't made the booking even through they were the head of the household account.
On sunday, we even had three phones going at 20 min intervals so as one was cut off, two others were on hold and we'd ring again. With three people on three phones on speaker or headphones, we ended up doing a group rendition including harmony of the Flower Duet. Around 6 to 8 hours a day between us for four days. This the worse experience with BA call centers who have been brilliant in the past but this was a new low.
To be so unprepared in the run up to christmas, knowing another wave was likely and STILL be short staffed is unbelievable. And to add insult to injury, I couldn't access my exec club due to upgrades - what muppet, decided the run up to christmas in pandemic to do software upgrades.
We booked the avois flight by phone as it was a multicenter trip, and in the 20 months of covid, improved self service where we could cancel 4 flights in what on the face of it appears a simple action - has BA used the time wisely to facilitate more PAXs doing it online to relieve the call centers.
Earlier in the week, I cancelled car hire with Argos in Ireland. Three clicks, two confirmattion emails 2 mins later for the hire and the insurance from a seperate company came through. Is it really too hard for BA to work out?
PS -v i feel like taking up the hour on the looped "we're sorry" that trading stanards could penalise BA for blatant false advertising on hold
Old Dec 17, 2021, 6:22 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Just called the ggl 0800 number and the recorded message said the guest list line was very busy and said to call back later. Then it hung up.

Never had that before.

EDIT to add.

Called back twice, same cut off. Third time was not cut off. Maybe just a blip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.