Silver
0800 408 0009 (from the UK)
+44 207 949 3065 (outside the UK)

Bronze

0800 597 7580 (from the UK)
+44 (0) 207 949 3086 (outside the UK)

Blue
0844 493 0747 (from the UK)
Calls charged at 7 pence per minute plus your phone company’s access charge. Mobile charges may be higher.

0344 493 0747 (from the UK)

Included in any applicable call packages, otherwise standard landline rates when calling from a UK landline.
Included in talktime and bundled minutes, otherwise standard rates apply when calling from a UK mobile.

+44 207 949 3086 (outside the UK)

International Call Centre Contact Numbers

Spain

+34 910 50 75 50
(Option 1 for Gold, Option 2 for Silver, Bronze and Blue)

1 hour rule

If you are holding for 1 hour you will normally be cut off. Normally, the 1 hour cut-off doesn't happen if you are actually speaking to someone, it's only if you are holding. But if you get through to someone just before the hour, make sure you tell them that you are coming up to the 1 hour point and they will then note your number if you do get cut off and call you back.

Good times to call

The UK lines open at 8am. If you try to get in the queue before 8am you will get a message saying that the call centre is closed, so it's best to dial at exactly 7.58am. The introduction message talking about data policy etc. lasts for just over a minute, so by 8am you should get to the "to change your flight press 1" menu. To change a flight booked with Avios, flight only, the options are 1,1,1 so as soon as your phone says it's 8am, hit the 1,1,1. You probably won't get through immediately but you probably will get through before being cut off at the 1 hour mark.

Print Wikipost

Current Status of BA Call Center

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2021, 4:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
I had the first issue a few weeks ago, pleased it's not an isolated incident! Could barely hear them, but the agent could hear me fine (and the hold music etc plus the "the other person has hung up" messages were heard clearly).
Boraxo likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by jimlad48
Second time, spent 20 mins on hold to BA holidays without being answered.
That actually sounds like progress... I've made upwards of 30 calls to them in the last couple of months and never got past the automated cut off a couple of minutes in (we're too busy to speak to you, go away).
ajamieson and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 4:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
They may have fixed the phones but the website is now putting me in a queue. Pretty poor really!!!!
I’ve tried reconnecting 5 or 6 times, but no joy.

LCY8737 and RG1X like this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 5:12 am

Programs: BA & Accor Gold | Hilton Diamond
Got through to a UK agent immediately yesterday to amend an Avios booking at lunchtime UK time. Last week, I was on hold for about an hour before I had to go into a meeting, but it didn't cut me off in the first instance. It appear to be pot luck - the hour last week was the longest I've been on hold throughout the pandemic - I have been pretty lucky at getting through within about 15 minutes max on the number of other occasions I have called in the past year! This doesn't really help with providing data points on where the call centre is right now but serves to show the consistent inconsistency...

P.S. Credit where it's due; the operator I got through to yesterday was super helpful and quick - knew exactly what she was doing and my changes were all complete including payment within 5 mins. The IT system was clearly working well too.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 5:12 am

Woof @ the website.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 6:23 am

I called the Silver line today to use a FTV I had for a cancelled Avios booking. Having read this thread I was preparing for the worst, but I was on hold about 45 minutes, and everything processed in 10-15 minutes or so.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 7:55 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
Originally Posted by jimlad48
First time the call went wrong, and voice sounded like dalek, so cancelled.
I've had this a couple of times trying to call too.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by trolleymusic
I called the Silver line today to use a FTV I had for a cancelled Avios booking. Having read this thread I was preparing for the worst, but I was on hold about 45 minutes, and everything processed in 10-15 minutes or so.
So an hour of your time. We really have moved the window in terms of expectations. That is terrible for any customer. Let alone a loyal one.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 12:36 pm

Programs: BAEC; LH M&M; HH Diamond
Nothing beats the Bremen office.
Just dealt with quite a complicated rebooking involving FTVs/GUF2/mixed class booking and so on.
Very polite, professional, efficient and courteuos.
3-4 min wait as GCH.
Golden Ticket awarded
Old Nov 3, 2021, 12:37 pm

Programs: BAEC; LH M&M; HH Diamond
deleted

Last edited by AlienInTheFatherland; Nov 3, 2021 at 12:38 pm Reason: Double
Old Nov 3, 2021, 12:47 pm

Just tried Exec Club Silver line to try and book a flight + car holiday and upgrade on the return (GLA-LHR-ORD), 56 minute wait, lady who answered said "wrong number I'll put you through to the right one" - One ring then cut off, what is the correct number, anyone know?
Old Nov 3, 2021, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by sheep fancier
Just tried Exec Club Silver line to try and book a flight + car holiday and upgrade on the return (GLA-LHR-ORD), 56 minute wait, lady who answered said "wrong number I'll put you through to the right one" - One ring then cut off, what is the correct number, anyone know?
I assume one of the BA Holidays lines... though they basically don't answer the call any more.

0344 493 0787 is the number on the website.
sheep fancier likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 1:05 am

Programs: BA (LTG), Miles&More (whatever the lowest level is), Oyster card (zones 1-2)
Are BA management actually doing anything about this? Such as employing more staff or enabling more to be done online? Or are we just stuck with this from now on?
OGG flyer likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 1:15 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ScruttonStreet
Are BA management actually doing anything about this? Such as employing more staff or enabling more to be done online? Or are we just stuck with this from now on?
More staff are being brought in to handle wait times, and taken off other tasks, even T5 ground agents are taking calls now. BAH is more troublesome due to the high training needs for that role, you can't get people trained up for that very quickly. This is likely to continue until all the FTVs are used up (so middle of 2023) and while travel restrictions are such that people feel the need to call up to check details. Plus there are more people travelling, and there is a percentage of BA's passengers that make several calls per booking. My guess is that it will get worse between now and Christmas and better thereafter.
littlefish and OGG flyer like this.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 5:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, TAP Gold
I've currently been on hold on the gold line for 41 minutes, I would like to cancel a booking made within 24 hours, that can be done on the phone only, correct?
I've sent the email form as well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.