Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long for refunds to be processed

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2020, 10:18 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by Grafton001
In my case cancelled an Avios booking with BA on partner airline Japan Airlines cancelled on 2 April by phone, the Avios refunded immediately back and the cash element credited to my AMEX on 3 April.
I think that's the difference. Doing it by phone it gets processed immediately. Tomorrow evening will be 14 days since we used the Chrome java trick to force the BA screens for a refund. This is an BA Avios only booking and still waiting.

We did get a confirmation email as well as on screen that it was being processed.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 10:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dddc
I think that's the difference. Doing it by phone it gets processed immediately. Tomorrow evening will be 14 days since we used the Chrome java trick to force the BA screens for a refund. This is an BA Avios only booking and still waiting.

We did get a confirmation email as well as on screen that it was being processed.
I am in the same place as you - cancelled 18 days ago and get the same message. I have tried DM'ing the BA team but the responses are understandably delayed but I am hopeful that this coming week it will be sorted
Old Apr 5, 2020, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by ens100
I am in the same place as you - cancelled 18 days ago and get the same message. I have tried DM'ing the BA team but the responses are understandably delayed but I am hopeful that this coming week it will be sorted
Don't hold your breath! I'm at 28 days now.
ens100 likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 2:13 pm
Company Representative, BA Refunds

Programs: BA Executive Club
Hello, as you will see from my FT handle, I work for BA and am able to support those FT members who have been waiting for a refund for over 7 days. This is an official BA support available during the Covid19 crisis where refund volumes have been high, combined with the challenge of losing our main refund processing site in Mumbai due to lockdown rules.
I can assist with e-ticket refunds, Avios refunds and GUFT/Amex voucher refunds, however I have no involvement in the "voucher" process set up around 3 weeks ago.
I can see many of you have been waiting for longer than we'd like, and I am sorry for that wait, but I am in a position to assist with this now. I will PM a few of you, but please also feel free to contact me for help with your PNR. As I am a new member, however, meaning I can only respond with 5 posts daily.
With grateful thanks to Prospero for his assistance in getting me up and running!
BA refund helper.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by BA refund helper
Hello, as you will see from my FT handle, I work for BA and am able to support those FT members who have been waiting for a refund for over 7 days. This is an official BA support available during the Covid19 crisis where refund volumes have been high, combined with the challenge of losing our main refund processing site in Mumbai due to lockdown rules.
This is a very helpful step by BA - and thank you for the explanation too!
Old Apr 5, 2020, 2:23 pm

I can assist with e-ticket refunds, Avios refunds and GUFT/Amex voucher refunds, however I have no involvement in the "voucher" process set up around 3 weeks ago.
I can see many of you have been waiting for longer than we'd like, and I am sorry for that wait, but I am in a position to assist with this now. I will PM a few of you, but please also feel free to contact me for help with your PNR. As I am a new member, however, meaning I can only respond with 5 posts daily.
With grateful thanks to Prospero for his assistance in getting me up and running!
BA refund helper.
Thats a very kind offer. I am currently at 18 days for a refund ( cash plus small reduction for Avios). I understand the BA team must be snowed under at the moment, but it would be useful to understand in what order refunds are being dealt with. Some seem to be processed fairly quickly, but others are still waiting after a few weeks.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 2:26 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Hello, as you will see from my FT handle, I work for BA and am able to support those FT members who have been waiting for a refund for over 7 days. .
Welcome, very welcome in fact, to the BA forum and to Flyertalk, BA refund helper, it is good to see you here, and a very welcome initiative, which is greatly appreciated.

[And for the benefit of anyone unsure, there has been due diligence on this in the background, this is a legitimate company account. So please send your Private Messages (PMs) to
BA refund helper who will then hopefully be able to sort out any knotty cases. Clearly if you think your refund is going ok then that's the best outcome but at least there is now a point of escalation, thank you BA].
Old Apr 5, 2020, 4:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Refund in 6 days

Just a data point, I called the BA YouFirst number early on 30March to ask for a refund on a cancelled flight. This morning the refund appeared in full on my credit card. Six days - a lot better than expected - thanks! Also, glad to see that a BA Rep has appeared on this forum to help those with refunds lost in the shuffle.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 6:21 pm

My credit card refund had to be manually done because there had been a flight change along the way. The flight was cancelled 3/18. Prior to today, I was able to log in to the flight on ba.com and it showed processing refund. Today it says cannot find the flight as they have already been flown. Don't know when this changed.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 1:36 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
BA are being shamefully slow and I am in my third promise from You First team that it is a priority. Still noting after almost 3 weeks and so have instigated a charge back. Its pathetic and entirely of their own greedy making.

i hope they get fined heavily for their duplicitous behaviour.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 1:39 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by binman
BA are being shamefully slow and I am in my third promise from You First team that it is a priority. Still noting after almost 3 weeks and so have instigated a charge back. Its pathetic and entirely of their own greedy making.

i hope they get fined heavily for their duplicitous behaviour.
Leaving the invective to one side, I think you would be a good candidate to contact BA refund helper who is there to help with issues of this sort, though chargeback is indeed one other way to handle this.
Brighterside, AdBoy and JAXBA like this.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 1:45 am

At least BA are offering vouchers/refunds, I've got a few non-refundable hotel bookings (via booking.com) where they're flat out refusing to budge, even though the advice at a corporate level is full refund. For those properties that do act like that, they will be remembered and of course there will be a nice review to that tune left on all channels possible.

Travel Insurance seems to be useless in a lot of these situations, because where the travel provider offers an alternative date/voucher etc. the TI deems that to be an acceptable resolution (even if you can't actually use it.......) therefore claim denied.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 2:16 am

Programs: BA GGL
Applied for a refund via the javascript workaround on 22 March. The refund for the money paid has appeared on my card account this morning, 06 April. I think that is 15 days.
No sign of the 3000 avios yet.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 3:02 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Cancelled mine with Java workaround on Mon 23
Disappeared from future bookings last night
Credit with Amex this morning. 14 days
Old Apr 6, 2020, 3:33 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Originally Posted by allturnleft
Cancelled mine with Java workaround on Mon 23
Disappeared from future bookings last night
Credit with Amex this morning. 14 days
Did you receive a confirmation e-mail after you submitted the form to cancel?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.