Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2020, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Latest official update, posted by BA refund helper on 16 August (post no 579)

Historic wiki updates:
There seems to be some confusion over the ‘vouchers’ for future travel so here is some clarity in the hope it proves helpful to others.

The ‘voucher number’ will be the customer’s existing ticket number. The process is no different to putting a booking on hold for medical reasons and the existing booking will be reused for future travel, with the ticket reissued following payment of any difference in fare. This is why it takes so long to receive confirmation as someone has to manually go into each booking (as you’ll imagine there are a lot!), remove the live flights, hold in a ghost flight and send the confirmation email to the customer. It is not an eVoucher that you would enter into ba.com for a discount off a brand new booking and new travel arrangements should NOT be made in this way.

Similarly, customers should NOT cancel their own bookings at any point in the voucher process. This will invalidate any eligibility for the voucher and process a fare rules refund.

When ready to rebook (and once the lines are a lot quieter!) customers will need to call to be rebooked as there is no facility to do this online at all and anything done online in this manner will be at the customer’s own expense since you won't be able to deploy the eVoucher's funds. The voucher is valid for travel completed (both outbound and inbound) by 30th April 2021.

There is no telephone service charge for using the eVoucher, you have to call up, but you won't have to pay an extra fee to make the booking in this scenario.
Print Wikipost

Rebooking with e-voucher

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2022, 11:03 am

Programs: BA (LTG), Miles&More (whatever the lowest level is), Oyster card (zones 1-2)
I'm sorry if this has been covered off elsewhere, but I have gone through this thread and am still a little confused.

Can I use an e-voucher (from a flight-only booking) against a new BA holiday booking? If so, how do I do it, must I call up? I cant seem to find anywhere when I go through the booking process to do it.

Second, is it possible to redeem it against a multi-city booking starting in the EU? The original flight was from London. Again, when I do a dummy booking for the flights I want, I can't see anywhere in the booking process to redeem it.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 3:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Email or surname do not match…

Having difficulties spending eVouchers when booking as the system insists the name or email doesn’t match the vouchers. We all have the same surname and have tried using capital letters to ensure it is an exact match for the email and names but no dice.

Has this been an issue others have experienced? They’re small amounts in the grand scheme of things so calling to discuss seems a bit of a nightmare! Thanks in advance
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 4:07 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Quick one I think, can one combine an FTV and a couple of evouchers on a new cash booking? One of my old FTV'd bookings didn't make it to a voucher, but if like to cash it out.

​​​​​​Thanks!
Old Jan 12, 2022, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by flashware
The FTV can only be used for a booking of the same type as the original. Was the original flight only or a BAH booking?

You can use a flight only voucher to book BAH or BAH voucher to book flight only.

The only exception is that an Avios FTV can only be used to book the same thing.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 10:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriot Silver Elite
Hi Everyone! How are you? I couldn´t find any official announcement about case like mine.

I booked in March 2020 EZE-YYZ with Avios (great timing, right?) to fly in Dec 2020.
In Nov 2020, as there was restriction in Canada, i had two options eVoucher or FTV. I opted the last one as FTV included Avios+Tax as credit.
The due date to use this FTV was April 2022.
During June/July 2021 i was trying to book the same flight for Dec 2021 - Jan 2022. There was no available flight but the call center person (in two different times) told me that the FTV was extented by April 2023.
(there was several news about the extension of the vouchers regardless the date of the voucher)
That was a relief as i had more room to manage my booking (as there are still restriction in Canada). Unfortunately i have no email with the extension date. I was told by Call Center back un June/July.
Today i just called to the Call Center of BAEC to check availability and valid date.
To my surprise, i was told that my FTV valid date is April 2022. The extension to 2023 is for voucher/booking of 2021

Is this correct? That only booking from 2021 are eligible for 2023 extension?

The only option i have is to re-claim the Avios, paying penalty for each booking/passenger of USD 45, losing part of the tax i paid.

Sorry if you already had a threat about this issue. I couldn´t find it.

Thank you always for your hept and support.

BR
Old Jan 17, 2022, 11:09 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
All FTVs regardless of when they were issued are valid for new bookings where travel is completed by September 2023. I think there was a general email which came out when BA announced each extension. You won’t get any email specific to your booking tho
Anonba likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 12:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriot Silver Elite
Thank you KARFA.
The problem is i cannot find the general email BA sent at that time. And the Call Center agent ask me for a proof that FTV was extended to Sept 2023....

I don´t know how to proceed....
Old Jan 17, 2022, 12:27 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sehyok
Thank you KARFA.
The problem is i cannot find the general email BA sent at that time. And the Call Center agent ask me for a proof that FTV was extended to Sept 2023....

you don't need any email. i am afraid the agent you spoke to was quite simply an idiot. just call up again,
Old Jan 17, 2022, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by sehyok
Thank you KARFA.

All existing vouchers were extended to be valid until September 2023.

If you go to this webpage below and look under the section voucher FAQs you will find this text:

If you have an existing voucher with an expiry date prior to 30 September 2023, please note that your voucher will automatically be extended to 30 September 2023. Customers will be notified with new voucher details as soon as possible.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...uchers-refunds
KARFA likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 9:57 am
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
I understand that a FTV can only be used towards new bookings.

Whilst flight only FTV's issue almost instantaneously my experience is BAH can take a few days to issue the FTV email. I have already submitted an online request for a BAH FTV but await the confirmation email the FTV has been granted.

If I make a new BAH booking (paying a new cash deposit) before the old booking FTV email is issued will BAH allow me to take the FTV value off the new booking balance or will BAH argue the new booking was made before the FTV was issued and therefore it isn't a "future" booking.

In a sentence, do BA regard the FTV start date as from request or from issue?
Old Jan 24, 2022, 10:15 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by cwl
In a sentence, do BA regard the FTV start date as from request or from issue?
My recollection is that the BAH booking has to be dated, in terms of initial booking, after the date of the cancellation of the original BAH booking. People who have been caught out on this have been those who perhaps delayed their cancellation until close to the BAH deadline, but took the precaution of putting down a deposit for a replacement trip later on. However the BAH FTV can't be used to pay down the balance on such an arrangement. If your new booking is clearly after the cancellation, in terms of deposit payment date, you should be fine.
cwl likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have two evouchers for around £400.00 which I’d like to use for a BA Hotel booking. I see this isn’t possible online, is it possible over the phone to use? Or are they flight only ?
Old Feb 5, 2022, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
I have two evouchers for around £400.00 which I’d like to use for a BA Hotel booking. I see this isn’t possible online, is it possible over the phone to use? Or are they flight only ?
You can make this by calling sales or make the booking online (without voucher) then email [email protected] to apply the vouchers to the booking.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 9:13 am

* deleted *

Last edited by pazza2000; Feb 10, 2022 at 4:38 am Reason: Non relevant
Old Feb 6, 2022, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Anonba
You can make this by calling sales or make the booking online (without voucher) then email [email protected] to apply the vouchers to the booking.
Many thanks - an excellent agent on the gold line arranged my Vegas accom this morning for Easter and applied the evouchers.
Anonba likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.