Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2020, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Latest official update, posted by BA refund helper on 16 August (post no 579)

Historic wiki updates:
There seems to be some confusion over the ‘vouchers’ for future travel so here is some clarity in the hope it proves helpful to others.

The ‘voucher number’ will be the customer’s existing ticket number. The process is no different to putting a booking on hold for medical reasons and the existing booking will be reused for future travel, with the ticket reissued following payment of any difference in fare. This is why it takes so long to receive confirmation as someone has to manually go into each booking (as you’ll imagine there are a lot!), remove the live flights, hold in a ghost flight and send the confirmation email to the customer. It is not an eVoucher that you would enter into ba.com for a discount off a brand new booking and new travel arrangements should NOT be made in this way.

Similarly, customers should NOT cancel their own bookings at any point in the voucher process. This will invalidate any eligibility for the voucher and process a fare rules refund.

When ready to rebook (and once the lines are a lot quieter!) customers will need to call to be rebooked as there is no facility to do this online at all and anything done online in this manner will be at the customer’s own expense since you won't be able to deploy the eVoucher's funds. The voucher is valid for travel completed (both outbound and inbound) by 30th April 2021.

There is no telephone service charge for using the eVoucher, you have to call up, but you won't have to pay an extra fee to make the booking in this scenario.
Print Wikipost

Rebooking with e-voucher

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2022, 5:43 am

Hello
I have an evoucher and I'm trying to figure out the best option:
1) If I use it online to buy a BA flight (BA flight number) cheaper than the voucher, they will give me a new evoucher with the residual value. Will the new evoucher have the same rule that the travel must be completed by 30 September 2023?
2) If I call to book a BA holiday (flight+hotel), do I have to choose only BA flights (BA flight number)?
3) I read some posts where if you book a BA holiday that has a value lower than the evoucher, they will refund the residual evoucher value in cash instead of issuing a new evoucher with the residual value. Is it true?
4) If point 3 is correct, will BA holiday refund the residual evoucher amount on the card used to book the BA holiday?
Old Jun 16, 2022, 6:12 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
1) Yes if you rebook on BA commercial then any residual is reissued to you as a new eVoucher, same expiry date.
2) If you use it on BAH, it is for any BAH packaged service. You best book an option with a deposit option, since you can do that online, and then email BAH to get them to knock the eVoucher off the final payment amount.
3) Yes I think also saw something along those lines that any residual would get refunded on BAH, I haven't seen a recent report though. But it would go back to the original card, normally.
jorun likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 9:18 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Boys, I have a quick question, I want to hold a couple of flights to ALC as I am waiting for a confirmation about an appointment and ALC fares are getting pricy as I class is as rare as hen's teeth in October. Will I be able to use an evoucher as a form of payment when I confirm and pay? corporate-wage-slave and all you experts - I have tried looking but cannot see this covered?

Last edited by PUCCI GALORE; Jun 21, 2022 at 11:15 am
Old Jun 21, 2022, 9:20 am

Programs: BA Gold / oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by JL41
Hi all, I've been waiting to receive my voucher email since 14 April 2022. Do I need to call BA to investigate, or is this a normal delay?

Should I expect to receive a refund following BA's latest FTV policy?

Timeline:
  • March 2022 - Booked through ba.com on JL flights (cash)
  • April 2022 - I agreed to involuntary flight changes with BA call centre (connection went below MCT due to Ukraine-related schedule change)
  • I later requested a voucher online (Covid positive two days before departure)
  • Shortly after, "We're replacing your booking with the voucher. Your voucher will be in your email inbox within 48 hours." text appeared in MMB along with some text that I will need to call in order to use the voucher.
Any thoughts/experience would be appreciated!
Update: Although I never received a voucher, I finally received a "Your Future Travel Voucher refund has been processed - Please allow approximately 30 days for the refund to appear on your statement." email about 2 months and a week after requesting the voucher. The email refers to the PNR in question
Old Jun 21, 2022, 3:13 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Boys, I have a quick question, I want to hold a couple of flights to ALC as I am waiting for a confirmation about an appointment and ALC fares are getting pricy as I class is as rare as hen's teeth in October. Will I be able to use an evoucher as a form of payment when I confirm and pay? corporate-wage-slave and all you experts - I have tried looking but cannot see this covered?
Yes, you should be able to the evoucher for a commercial booking, so long as it hasn't expired - which it should not have done. If instead you make it a redemption booking then you can pay the lowest cash component and get a near flexible booking anyway. If pressure on travel drops off, and is specifcally easyJet adds capacity again, then you could swap to commercial if the fares tumble sufficiently to switch away from a redemption.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 4:02 pm
A13

Programs: BA Silver
Is there a delay on evouchers being processed? I applied for a voucher over a week ago, booking has been cancelled but no evoucher received as yet.
in the past they've been sent through in minutes..
Old Jun 21, 2022, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, you should be able to the evoucher for a commercial booking, so long as it hasn't expired - which it should not have done. If instead you make it a redemption booking then you can pay the lowest cash component and get a near flexible booking anyway. If pressure on travel drops off, and is specifcally easyJet adds capacity again, then you could swap to commercial if the fares tumble sufficiently to switch away from a redemption.
Thank you for that as always. It is a regular commercial booking - and I will get it ticketed tomorrow (well later today now)
Old Jun 24, 2022, 5:45 am

1) Yes if you rebook on BA commercial then any residual is reissued to you as a new eVoucher, same expiry date.
2) If you use it on BAH, it is for any BAH packaged service. You best book an option with a deposit option, since you can do that online, and then email BAH to get them to knock the eVoucher off the final payment amount.
3) Yes I think also saw something along those lines that any residual would get refunded on BAH, I haven't seen a recent report though. But it would go back to the original card, normally.
Is there a specific email address to send it to at BAH please?
Old Jun 24, 2022, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by Stephen Harwood
Is there a specific email address to send it to at BAH please?
More information upthread but it is
[email protected]
Old Jun 24, 2022, 7:43 am

More information upthread but it is
[email protected]
thank you
Old Jun 24, 2022, 10:46 am

A quick update. I was not able to pay for my held booking with an e-voucher on the website. I do not know if I could have done it over the phone - I did not try. I checked the fares and there were still fares in the same class so I made a fresh booking and paid with the evoucher. I am 5 Euros out of pocket - so be it. It was worth 5 times that not to have fight those phones.
sammyg901 likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 6:47 am

Hi everyone

I've been waiting for my refund of voucher from a March 2020 booking where the flight was eventually cancelled. I can't remember the exact details, but from what I remember, I accepted a voucher at the time because there was no visible option of refund and BA did not answer the phones.

When I finally got in touch with BA, they refused to issue a refund because I'd accepted the voucher. I tried to go via my credit card company to chargeback and get my money back, but this failed.

Anyway - fast-forward two years, and with no refund back to me, I finally attempted to use the voucher on a Holiday booking. I've just been told the following:

"It is showing as having a status '2'. Status 2 means that there has been a chargeback and therefore renders the voucher non-redeemable."

So...no refund, no voucher, no chargeback. I'm not sure that it's legal for BA to withdraw a voucher and give no refund because of a failed chargeback attempt? Do I have any *easy* recourse?

I know I shouldn't have initiated the chargeback in March 2020, but I was frustrated at the time that a refund wasn't made available in the first instance.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 7:02 am

The above can be ignored. Very helpful person at Amex has sorted it for me - apparently BA accepted the chargeback way back in 2020, but Amex never credited my account...they're fixing this now :-)
Old Jun 25, 2022, 10:07 am

When making a booking with multiple eVouchers online, is the max for use 4? Also to clarify, when redeeming is it the first or the last surname on the list of passengers from the original booking that is associated with the eVoucher for the purpose of redeeming?
Old Jun 25, 2022, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by pazza2000
When making a booking with multiple eVouchers online, is the max for use 4? Also to clarify, when redeeming is it the first or the last surname on the list of passengers from the original booking that is associated with the eVoucher for the purpose of redeeming?
It is the surname that you are asked for.
pazza2000 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.