Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ThatT1Feeling
Book with confidence policy: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ith-confidence

Form for requesting an e-voucher: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...1&wfpId=covidn

Don't forget to take a screenshot before submission and another after acceptance. A suggested method is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32187702

The text of the Book with confidence policy as at 2145Z on Sun 15 March is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32180050

IMPORTANT NOTE - the current understanding is that vouchers must be used to book, and travel must start, before the 12-month expiry date but travel may be completed after that date. See this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32189408

Headline summary:-
  1. Flights booked at any time for travel 14 March to 31 May from now and 13 October 2020 for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2022 can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking to be used for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023. . Existing bookings made before 3 March are also covered until 30 October 2020,
  2. Holidays booked at any time for travel up to 31 May 13 October sine die can be date-changed, or converted into a voucher for use in a future booking.
  3. Holidays:
    1. If booking after 16 December 2021 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of 28 days before departure date. ( https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/british-airways-holidays#howtochangeyourbooking )
    2. If booking after 11 June 2020 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of three weeks before the original departure date.
    3. If you booked a package between 3 March and 11 June 2020 for travel up to 31 December 2020 48 hours’ notice applies and if travelling between 1 January and 30 August 2021 three weeks’ notice applies.
  4. Flight and holiday bookings made after 3 March can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023.
  5. Flight and holiday bookings made for completion before 30 September 2022 have no change fee for changes of travel dates. New bookings for flights which do not complete by that date now attract change fees (unless fully flexible)
  6. Flight and holiday bookings to USA now being offered refund (0900 Sun 15 March) - see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32187403-post192.html
  7. You can change the dates and destination of your booking without incurring a change fee, although you will need to pay any difference in price.
Print Wikipost

Book with confidence policy

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2020, 11:57 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Ak1234
Move booked though an agent and BA are telling me to get the voucher from the agent and the agent are telling me to go to BA!
Anyone know who keeps the voucher and whine I can redeem it with?
should I get a voucher code?
do I have to use the voucher for the same class seat? (I booked premium economy, can I downgrade to economy when using my voucher?)
thanks all!!!
Welcome to Flyertalk Ak1234, and welcome to the BA forum. It's a fast moving forum but only one post is needed, someone is likely to be able to answer it.

It depends a bit on the travel agency and the status of the booking. If BA have cancelled a flight then the TA should refund the money but some are offering their own vouchers, which have to be used via them. This is legally questionable since a cash refund is required in law. If the flight is still operating then while it is possible that the TA is offering their own vouchers, it's more likely to be the BA eVoucher, which would be rebooked via BA rather than the agency. However some agency are not offering this, even though it is available to BA's customers who book direct with the airline. So we probably need a bit more information from you as to what you should be doing now, but as a matter of general principle, a travel agency is responsible for their tickets, and that includes refunds and ticketing customer service issues.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Welcome to Flyertalk Ak1234, and welcome to the BA forum. It's a fast moving forum but only one post is needed, someone is likely to be able to answer it.

It depends a bit on the travel agency and the status of the booking. If BA have cancelled a flight then the TA should refund the money but some are offering their own vouchers, which have to be used via them. This is legally questionable since a cash refund is required in law. If the flight is still operating then while it is possible that the TA is offering their own vouchers, it's more likely to be the BA eVoucher, which would be rebooked via BA rather than the agency. However some agency are not offering this, even though it is available to BA's customers who book direct with the airline. So we probably need a bit more information from you as to what you should be doing now, but as a matter of general principle, a travel agency is responsible for their tickets, and that includes refunds and ticketing customer service issues.
thanks for the warm welcome.
My flight was meant to be last week. But due to the travel ban, I was offered a voucher. The flight was not cancelled and therefore I do not qualify for a cash refund. Now the voucher has been requested by the TA and both the TA and BA are confirming the voucher is on my original booking reference number.

now that I have this BA voucher, should I get like a voucher code?

Secondly, this voucher was for a premium economy flight for about £500. Can I use this voucher for 2x £250 economy flights?

thanks!
Old Mar 24, 2020, 12:07 pm

thanks for the warm welcome.
My flight was meant to be last week. But due to the travel ban, I was offered a voucher. The flight was not cancelled and therefore I do not qualify for a cash refund. Now the voucher has been requested by the TA and both the TA and BA are confirming the voucher is on my original booking reference number.

Secondly, this voucher was for a premium economy flight for about £500. Can I use this voucher for 2x £250 economy flights?

thanks!
Yes you can, any unused spend will have a new voucher issued to use.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 12:12 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer

OK that sounds very a BA eVoucher offered as part of the standard BA offer. Some people have reported that looking on checkmybooking.com's app shows further information, but it sounds ok to me. You need to keep a careful copy of the original PNR and ideally the ticket number which begins 125 - the same ticket that was originally issued should be converted to the eVoucher with the same number. You would book via BA directly in due course. I don't think this sort of eVoucher you can use twice, but I think it's ok to book both flights at the same time, essentially it's part payment rather than something that can be drawn down bit by bit. We're still waiting for people's experiences of using this system, previously it wasn't much used by many passengers, though it's not actually a new idea.

Just paging Hawk777 just in case he can comment on the draw-down aspect.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 12:25 pm
Suspended

OK that sounds very a BA eVoucher offered as part of the standard BA offer. Some people have reported that looking on checkmybooking.com's app shows further information, but it sounds ok to me. You need to keep a careful copy of the original PNR and ideally the ticket number which begins 125 - the same ticket that was originally issued should be converted to the eVoucher with the same number. You would book via BA directly in due course. I don't think this sort of eVoucher you can use twice, but I think it's ok to book both flights at the same time, essentially it's part payment rather than something that can be drawn down bit by bit. We're still waiting for people's experiences of using this system, previously it wasn't much used by many passengers, though it's not actually a new idea.

Just paging Hawk777 just in case he can comment on the draw-down aspect.
as far as I know that should be fine for commercial vouchers as from what I've been told they are just gonna act in a similar way to standard ones but to be totally honest we haven't received total conformation

for reward bookings from the policy Warrington are using basically puts booking on hold for 12 months similar to medical policy so think they might have to be used on one booking but again no official word on this yet
Old Mar 24, 2020, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Hawk777
as far as I know that should be fine for commercial vouchers as from what I've been told they are just gonna act in a similar way to standard ones but to be totally honest we haven't received total conformation
In other words Ak1234, you should be able to draw down on the eVoucher bit by bit, over several transactions, but we are not 101% certain.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 1:40 pm

In other words Ak1234, you should be able to draw down on the eVoucher bit by bit, over several transactions, but we are not 101% certain.
amzing! Thanks for the quick responses guys! Much appreciated.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 2:32 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
I scanned the tread and i think I cannot see a clear answer which policy applies to new avios bookings (made before 31 May).
My quesiton is a bit more compliacted - what is the policy for aviois bookings if I book a partner flight? The 'cash' book with confidence policy only applies to BA fares with BA marketed flights from what I can see.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 3:05 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Keter
I scanned the tread and i think I cannot see a clear answer which policy applies to new avios bookings (made before 31 May).
My quesiton is a bit more compliacted - what is the policy for aviois bookings if I book a partner flight? The 'cash' book with confidence policy only applies to BA fares with BA marketed flights from what I can see.
same t and cs applies to Avios as commercial obviously Avios always carry the extra part that they can be changed anyway for just 35£ per pax a lot cheaper than commercial bookings
Old Mar 25, 2020, 4:52 am

Programs: Passenger
As we are in 'Voucher Claimed' territory, could I just jump in with a quick additional question (I'm afraid the UK BA
'within 72 hours of travel ' phone number is being hung up after the menu ... every time I try).

Was flying tomorrow (26 March) on BA15 to Sydney via Singapore. My nerve failed me on waiting for a cancellation
last Friday and I went for the voucher - I received an acknowledgement early Tuesday. BUT indeed, they've not
cancelled it and I'm still there in Manage My Booking and getting 'Look Forward to Welcoming You..' emails. So:

Can I just leave it as is and not show up tmrw, with voucher acknowledged email and screen shots as
security? Or should I go into MMB and cancel as well?

I used £400 worth of Avios as part payment - do I get them back with the voucher or do I have to chase
them later ... and how?

Thanks in advance - have spent days scouring the web to answer these specific questions, but nada.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 7:35 am

Programs: Passenger
JUST replying to myself (see above) in case the further info is of use to others.

I finally got through fairly quickly on 0800 727 800 and the Exec Club option. My booking ref now brings up
nothing in MMB, so I'm more reassured - although that apparently is the same ref that I will use for any future
flight with the voucher. The voucher will apparently include the cash and Avios value of the cancelled flight.
Let's see how it all pans out down the line ...
Old Mar 25, 2020, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by lefthander
JUST replying to myself (see above) in case the further info is of use to others.

I finally got through fairly quickly on 0800 727 800 and the Exec Club option. My booking ref now brings up
nothing in MMB, so I'm more reassured - although that apparently is the same ref that I will use for any future
flight with the voucher. The voucher will apparently include the cash and Avios value of the cancelled flight.
Let's see how it all pans out down the line ...
Have a look at the main Covid-19 rebooking thread, have a look at the wiki there, and also read backwards from the most recent posts. Lots of details there, which should help you.

Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*

Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum lefthander.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 9:00 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by lefthander
As we are in 'Voucher Claimed' territory, could I just jump in with a quick additional question (I'm afraid the UK BA
'within 72 hours of travel ' phone number is being hung up after the menu ... every time I try).

Was flying tomorrow (26 March) on BA15 to Sydney via Singapore. My nerve failed me on waiting for a cancellation
last Friday and I went for the voucher - I received an acknowledgement early Tuesday. BUT indeed, they've not
cancelled it and I'm still there in Manage My Booking and getting 'Look Forward to Welcoming You..' emails. So:

Can I just leave it as is and not show up tmrw, with voucher acknowledged email and screen shots as
security? Or should I go into MMB and cancel as well?

I used £400 worth of Avios as part payment - do I get them back with the voucher or do I have to chase
them later ... and how?

Thanks in advance - have spent days scouring the web to answer these specific questions, but nada.
yes it's fine if you have applied for the voucher it takes roughly 5/7 days for them to be put onto the system and cacenl current flight down so some.people are receiving the standard check in instructions but don't worry if you have applied that's fine. As for the Avios used they are kept on hold with taxes for future booking value
Old Mar 25, 2020, 9:11 am

yes it's fine if you have applied for the voucher it takes roughly 5/7 days for them to be put onto the system and cacenl current flight down so some.people are receiving the standard check in instructions but don't worry if you have applied that's fine. As for the Avios used they are kept on hold with taxes for future booking value
I submitted the eVoucher request form Monday last week (16/3) and since have had no e-mail, no confirmation of it being processed, the PNR is not accessible through BA.com etc. Does this sound like it's possibly slipped through the cracks? I did speak to someone on the phone as well that same day re: cancelling my check-in (OLCI) as I would not be taking the flight and availing of the voucher offer, however given the aforementioned items I'm concerned it's possibly not gone through. As I was on the run I unfortunately hadn't taken any screenshots, but I do have call logs.

Edit: This was for flights on 17/3 and 19/3.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 7:04 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
As for the Avios used they are kept on hold with taxes for future booking value
If you take the eVoucher in return for cancelling an Avios award booking, and they are kept on hold as per your quote, must there be Avios reward flight availability to use the eVoucher or can you just use it to book an ordinary cash flight of equivalent value?

I have a booking using an Amex 2-4-1 voucher for return flights LHR to Tel Aviv in First Class currently still booked for July 2020 but I am doubtful the flights will operate. I haven't bothered doing anything about it as it is still a fair bit away but given that Reward Flights in First are not guaranteed to come up will I be able to get an eVoucher to use against flights in First to Tel Aviv in June 2021? (Assuming First is still offered on that route)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.