Search

How to add non-BA FF# to Avios booking

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2020, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Nah.
Question How to add non-BA FF# to Avios booking

I have made a CE booking using Avios, and since I have no BA status, wanted to add my OW emerald number.

I've previously done this by asking the twitter team to remove the BA # and then adding it myself with MMB. However as of recently they seem to not want to accommodate me. I am aware there seems to be some nonsense policy about not changing the FF # on a Avios booking, but have previously been able to do it.

Primarily I want to assign row 1, but also have simple access to the F lounge at LHR (via BP scan, and not have to fiddle around with the card, etc.)

Any advice much appreciated!
Old Feb 7, 2020, 11:28 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Try Finnair's version of Manage My Booking.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Have you tried Finnair?

It sounds like you do this routinely. If so, I think it may be easier in future to make the original award booking without your BA number in it. To do this, you just need to make the booking for someone else who has the same name as you but no frequent flyer number; and then you add the required frequent flyer number later via MMB.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 11:31 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
There used to be a way to book without entering your BA# at all (as if you were booking for another person).

Does that option no longer exist?

Point being, it’s easier to add a FFN than it is to replace it.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Nah.
Thank you for the Finnair suggestion, a trick I had known at one point and forgotten. Indeed next time making the booking with no FF# shall be the simplest way.

The BA twitter team had mucked it up somehow, having both my OWE & BA # in there in different places. This led MMB to note that I could "reserve seats for free" but row 1 was blocked, and any seat assignment attempt resulted in an error.

By removing the only place the BA number was on Finnair led a new MMB sessions to only see OWE and then assigning in row 1 was no problem.

Thanks all for the quick and helpful replies
Old Feb 5, 2022, 8:13 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Glob, AA EXP, Marriott Tit
I'm not sure if this is the most recent thread for changing an avios booking BA FFN to another OW FFN. On prior bookings I simply used FI or RJ website to enter my AA FFN but that didn't work this time. I finally used the RJ site to choose 'none' and then was able to enter my AA FFN when I returned to BA MMB. I hadn't read the trick about booking for another person and leaving the FFN blank.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 11:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by houstr8male
I hadn't read the trick about booking for another person and leaving the FFN blank.
That, or simply deleting your BA FFN when booking for yourself.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 8:57 pm
CSW

Programs: AC*S QRPC Gold
Hi - I am trying to add my Qatar airways number to an award booking. Have used the Finnair trick before, but this time it doesn't seem to save. Have also tried the RJ - and this does leave the FF number blank on the MMB, but when I try to add the Qatar # in the MMB, I get the message that that changes are made, but the number is still showing as not entered.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by CSW
Hi - I am trying to add my Qatar airways number to an award booking. Have used the Finnair trick before, but this time it doesn't seem to save. Have also tried the RJ - and this does leave the FF number blank on the MMB, but when I try to add the Qatar # in the MMB, I get the message that that changes are made, but the number is still showing as not entered.
Same here, Finnair is giving me an error and while RJ accepts the entry, it doesn't actually change anything. Might reach out to social media
Old Oct 13, 2022, 9:38 pm

RJ worked for me today, just fine, after you enter your ff info you need to go to the right of the screen to save it, not obvious as I recall.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 10:03 pm

Aww really? I put in FF for AA and pressed continue but when I go back to travellers detail, it defaults to RJ and a blank FF # field. I get an email from RJ saying somethings been changed but it's all the same.

Same issue on BA, I can add FF but it's not changing
Old Oct 14, 2022, 2:46 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
Both Finnair and RJ have stopped working for me to add my Qantas number, but they still work to remove my BAEC number from the booking. I can then go back in to the BA MMB and add my Qantas number.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 5:46 pm
CSW

Programs: AC*S QRPC Gold
I went to Iberia.com and updated my FF to the Qatar # and that FINALLY worked.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
If I recall correctly, you should add the other ff number on Finnair's site, but not delete the BA one, and it saves properly.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 9:01 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I just did Finnair route and it worked. it didnt sync immediately but overnight it did and as i opened the ba booking on ba website today the new FF number showed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.