Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Changing an inbound hand luggage only flight time

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2022, 9:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze

Hi all,

Alas my Google skills are failing me!

Is it possible to change an inbound Europe hand baggage only fare for an earlier flight in the day?

Flights are available, however when I go to MMB, it's only giving me the option to change the flight date, or add baggage to the existing flight.

Thanks!
Old Oct 14, 2022, 10:56 pm

Of course you can change to an earlier flight.
If its a flexible ticket its free.
If not, you will either be charged a change fee and any difference in fare or no change possible at all.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
It’s not problem changing for the same day but you’ll pay at least the difference in fare plus any change fees applicable. Just go to change the date and select the same date.

difference in fare is now displayed early on in the process so you’ll see quickly if it’s worth pursuing. Fun fact, the system may even propose you to "change" to the flight you’re already booked on for extra cash!!
TTmex likes this.

Last edited by orbitmic; Oct 15, 2022 at 12:53 am
Old Oct 15, 2022, 1:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Thanks all! I tried the suggested tricks, but the morning flights for tomorrow (OTP) aren't showing. I'm going to assume there are only a few seats left and they're being held back for some reason.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.