Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Sister thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2085652-long-haul-catering-changes-announcement-12-july.html
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2022, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by Aston100
Well it seems to me that there is a real risk of Vegan food replacing a lot of the Veggie and special meals as it technically fits the requirements of many of them. Lowest common denominator and all that.
I agree. It's a disturbing trend which I see in supermarkets and other outlets. What concerns me is the amount of vegan, unhealthy junk food. On selecting ovo-lacto vegetarian from the BA choice, I don't ask for vegan "lowest common denominator' offerings.

On a different note, it's unfair to meat-eaters to have dishes deducted from the menu and replaced with purely vegetarian or vegan choices.
NoY, T8191 and Aston100 like this.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 6:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Sorry if already answered further up. Already aware of food situation in CW, but what is the deal with bedding right now? Are they giving the seat topping mattresses right now? Or should I stash an extra blanket next week to use as a bit of padding?
Old Jan 15, 2022, 8:57 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by TTmex
Sorry if already answered further up. Already aware of food situation in CW, but what is the deal with bedding right now? Are they giving the seat topping mattresses right now? Or should I stash an extra blanket next week to use as a bit of padding?
mattress topper in CW was available on my LHR-SAN on Jan 9
TTmex likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 12:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
BA117 LHR - JFK CW 20th Jan.

This was the light meal of Cornish pasty. Tasty, but could've done with a sharper knife to cut the hard pastry!
Old Jan 20, 2022, 12:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by LancashireFlyer
BA117 LHR - JFK CW 20th Jan.

This was the light meal of Cornish pasty. Tasty, but could've done with a sharper knife to cut the hard pastry!
I’ve b!tched out BA pretty hard for it’s food of late, but I would eat that. And enjoy it.
bafan, T8191 and TTmex like this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 9:50 am

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
Any examples of vegan food offerings in CW? I flying with someone who is vegan and I have placed the food request via MMB.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 8:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
This was (quite literally) thrown down on my tray table an hour before landing on the BA105 to DXB. On what planet is this a longhaul business class breakfast? The croissant (cheese and tomato) was luke warm and soggier than a slug. No other way to describe it than vile. By the way, the menu described the (25p) NutriGrain Bar as the breakfast "Starter". WTAF?

NoY likes this.

Last edited by oceanscape; Jan 23, 2022 at 10:37 am
Old Jan 23, 2022, 9:53 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Well at least it didn’t give you Covid 😉
TTmex likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 10:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum

CW Mex to Lhr BA242 on 22nd January. The salmon was slightly over but it was OK. Starter was mixed salad and the dessert a white chocolate dome with passion fruit, which was nice. Left most of it and got head down for a solid 6.5 hour sleep. Breakfast was the normal eggs and bacon. I left most of the breakfast and just got a sandwich in the arrivals lounge after a quick shower. The service was simple but I was so tired I was only focused on raising the divide after safety briefing and watching an episode before off to bed
Old Jan 23, 2022, 11:36 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Christmas Day LHR - JFK…

As it was so dry they reluctantly replaced it with the chicken tikka as I was given the last turkey

Cornish pasty prior to landing

Pre-meal beverages
Old Jan 23, 2022, 11:48 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Our evening flight home from JFK - LHR was canceled and we rebooked onto the morning flight home…. So a ‘lovely’ breakfast was served…

… on the plus side it was club suite!

Then a pastrami panini was served prior to landing into LHR

Old Jan 23, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
i used an old backpack this weekend and found this gem from jun 2016
Attached Images  
choosethedrew and SxMan like this.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Nice to see the history of “Beef or Chicken” preserved for posterity! ✔️
Old Jan 23, 2022, 12:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by VSLover
i used an old backpack this weekend and found this gem from jun 2016
I think I ate this very menu!

VSLover likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA, BA, NH, TP
Originally Posted by Edinflyer
Our evening flight home from JFK - LHR was canceled and we rebooked onto the morning flight home…. So a ‘lovely’ breakfast was served…

… on the plus side it was club suite!

Then a pastrami panini was served prior to landing into LHR

I do hope you did not include your travel partners half a pastrami sandwich, half a tomato and slice of cucumber to make this look relatively substantial 😂😂😂

To be fair breakfast and sandwich don’t look that bad.
T8191 and Edinflyer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.