Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New BA 'Concorde Team' being rolled out across parts of the network

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New BA 'Concorde Team' being rolled out across parts of the network

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2020, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA, BA, NH, TP
Concorde team at PVG?

Just arrived at PVG and met by I think the Concorde team - however this person was in BA uniform.
Taken through special line at immigration and then through customs. Certainly saved me time and appreciated.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 3:10 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fatmac70
I had the Car Service at T5 (not a remote stand) last week on arrival from EWR so maybe this is for all NYC flights?
Also was met by Concorde team when departing from T3 to GIB and T5 departing to PVG during the last week.
It didn't work for me arriving into LHR from JFK on Sat 4th Jan. I was asked whether I wanted a VIP car on arrival at LHR - obviously I said yes. On arrival, there was no car to pick me up.

I enquired with the GGL team over the last couple of days, and their explanation was that BA had trialled this service last year but discontinued it.

I cant quite help but think that might have been a convenient excuse. It's one thing not offering a service; it's another offering a service and then not delivering that service as promised.
HFHFFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 5:37 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
No Concorde team in PVG so would have been a member of the outsourced BA team
Old Jan 14, 2020, 5:47 am

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by billinghamn
It didn't work for me arriving into LHR from JFK on Sat 4th Jan. I was asked whether I wanted a VIP car on arrival at LHR - obviously I said yes. On arrival, there was no car to pick me up.

I enquired with the GGL team over the last couple of days, and their explanation was that BA had trialled this service last year but discontinued it.

I cant quite help but think that might have been a convenient excuse. It's one thing not offering a service; it's another offering a service and then not delivering that service as promised.
There was a trial in 2019 of a buggy transfer for arrivals at LHR from JFK (and maybe elsewhere). That's not the same as a VIP car transfer which is something quite different.

Doc Copper
Old Jan 14, 2020, 5:57 am

Just arrived at PVG and met by I think the Concorde team - however this person was in BA uniform.
Taken through special line at immigration and then through customs. Certainly saved me time and appreciated.
Was this when either departing PVG for LHR or on arrival at PVG from LHR or ? If the former, that service has been available for some time. If the latter then I believe this is new. I, and possibly others, suggested that an arrival service (from LHR) would be of great benefit.

Doc Copper
Old Jan 14, 2020, 6:06 am

Hi - first time post here but thought I would share as a GGL holder. Flying back from JFK back in November I was told the buggy service on arrival was discontinued and replaced by a private car transfer from gate to T5. When I stepped off the plane (flying club) they greeted me and another passenger with a board with names by the staircase leading off the bridge down to a Jaguar transfer for the two of us. Very nice and quick. May well have been discontinued in 2020 - will find out next week and report back.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 6:12 am

Programs: AA, BA, NH, TP
Originally Posted by DoctorCopper
Was this when either departing PVG for LHR or on arrival at PVG from LHR or ? If the former, that service has been available for some time. If the latter then I believe this is new. I, and possibly others, suggested that an arrival service (from LHR) would be of great benefit.

Doc Copper
It was on arrival at PVG from LHR.
DoctorCopper likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 6:35 am

It was on arrival at PVG from LHR.
Thanks. This is excellent news.

Doc Copper
Old Jan 14, 2020, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by BAlonghaul
Hi - first time post here but thought I would share as a GGL holder. Flying back from JFK back in November I was told the buggy service on arrival was discontinued and replaced by a private car transfer from gate to T5. When I stepped off the plane (flying club) they greeted me and another passenger with a board with names by the staircase leading off the bridge down to a Jaguar transfer for the two of us. Very nice and quick. May well have been discontinued in 2020 - will find out next week and report back.
This is still very much the case. Question is whether it is for Golds, GGLs or just GGfLs?
Old Jan 14, 2020, 6:52 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
This is what has been discontinued (according to BA). In my latest exchange with BA they called it the "Premium Transfer Drive" service, started on 14 Aug 2017, and now discontinued. Apparently it was a service to transfer you to your next flight "without having to go through any additional security points"!

Apparently the JFK ground staff were not aware that it had been discontinued. Anyway, I've received some Avios in compensation, so I'm not complaining.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 7:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Lolbert
This is still very much the case. Question is whether it is for Golds, GGLs or just GGfLs?
I would have thought there would be too many plain Golds for it to work.. you'd end up having to sit on someones lap in the Jaguar when you consider how status heavy some routes are.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 7:28 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Hi - first time post here but thought I would share as a GGL holder. Flying back from JFK back in November I was told the buggy service on arrival was discontinued and replaced by a private car transfer from gate to T5.
Let me welcome you to the BA forum here on Flyertalk BAlonghaul, it's always good to get new people here, thank you for sharing your experience and I hope we will hear more from you in the future.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by Schwann
I would have thought there would be too many plain Golds for it to work.. you'd end up having to sit on someones lap in the Jaguar when you consider how status heavy some routes are.
Agree but no one seems able to confirm the target group for Concorde Team treatment. From my experience it is hierarchical ie. the Concorde Team will allocate meet and greet/transfer resources to Prems then GGLfLs and then GGLs in that order. Given the number of standard Golds I would agree that it is unlikely that they will be met in the ordinary course of events.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 9:28 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by billinghamn
This is what has been discontinued (according to BA). In my latest exchange with BA they called it the "Premium Transfer Drive" service, started on 14 Aug 2017, and now discontinued. Apparently it was a service to transfer you to your next flight "without having to go through any additional security points"!

Apparently the JFK ground staff were not aware that it had been discontinued. Anyway, I've received some Avios in compensation, so I'm not complaining.
I think there are 3 different things here.

BA did do a 'whisk you to your next flight' service which was started a few years ago. I think the basis was that it only worked for domestic to international connections, i.e. scenarios where pax wouldn't need to clear security again at LHR. that was provided for GGL and/or CW pax on tight connections. 2017 sounds about right - though I didn't know that it had been discontinued.

There was a buggy trial last year for arriving GGLs from JFK at LHR which I've had once. Was sort of nice and novel. that was a trial and has stopped.

Since then, they have rolled out the car service for GGLs arriving at LHR from JFK which is meant to pick up at the aircraft and drive to A gates. I am not aware that that has been stopped. I have been told by BA that it should be a service for any GGL regardless of cabin but last time I asked about it at JFK check-in, was told it only applies to GGL travelling in CW and F. now, in my experience, JFK check-in (and worse, CCR reception) love making up rules particularly the 'no, not for you' ones but it does make sense that it's CW up despite BA having told me it's for any GGL in any class on JFK LHR.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 9:34 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
as an add, I don't really see the point of the CCR team service they are doing on LHR - JFK.

I checked in today at the F wing and the agent asked me 'would you like me to call the CCR team' (I think there's a note in the PNR to call them). having previously said yes, where all that happened then was a 'hello mr chris1979, everything ok today? have a great flight', I don't really see the value add here.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.