Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New BA 'Concorde Team' being rolled out across parts of the network

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2019, 12:09 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.

I am flying back early tomorrow morning and just received a call from the local BA 'Concorde Team' at DEL offering to meet me at the airport door. The chap on the phone said it was a newly formed team and as I couldn't find any reference on FT I thought I'd post about it here. It's apparently for GGL members and above.

As travelers from India will know, even with hand-baggage-only it's necessary to queue up and obtain a printed boarding pass in order to head through security. Apparently they will pre-print this and hand it to me at the airport entrance. They provided me a number to call ten minutes before my arrival at the airport. I shall report back with an update in the early hours.
AJLondon, orbitmic, wrp96 and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 12:47 am

Programs: Ba Silver ( for now!)
Swiss did the same when I was traveling first.
jonkx likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 2:03 am

This is not necessarily a new team - there have been Special Services representatives for as long as I can remember at DEL and BOM (back when I used to travel to India frequently - I no longer do so as much, nor do I use BA where at all possible). I guess they have been rebranded like their LHR colleagues.

They are a great bunch of people, and will help you through the processes.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 3:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rossmacd
This is not necessarily a new team - there have been Special Services representatives for as long as I can remember at DEL and BOM (back when I used to travel to India frequently - I no longer do so as much, nor do I use BA where at all possible). I guess they have been rebranded like their LHR colleagues.

I have traveled this route and BOM several times over the past 5 years but have yet to experience this proactive call. I'll find out a bit more tonight.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 3:41 am

Sounds like a beneficial service!

But a side question - I wasn’t aware that you now need a printed boarding pass to enter the airport, in the past it’s sufficient to show just a printed itinerary or electronic record (email, app) of the itinerary to prove intention to travel and you’d be allowed to enter. Has the rule changed?
Old Oct 30, 2019, 3:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Sounds like a beneficial service!

But a side question - I wasn’t aware that you now need a printed boarding pass to enter the airport, in the past it’s sufficient to show just a printed itinerary or electronic record (email, app) of the itinerary to prove intention to travel and you’d be allowed to enter. Has the rule changed?
Sorry if I caused any confusion there. No, the rules are the same. The printed "official" boarding pass is only required to pass through the airport security to head airside. This means even with HBO one needs to visit a BA representative to obtain the required boarding pass.

The service I've been offered tonight is to receive the printed boarding pass at the airport entrance from the Concorde Team to avoid the need for me to go and queue up for it at bag-drop (which is especially useful to me as I have no bags to drop).
wrp96 and stewaran like this.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 3:58 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by rossmacd

BA has a special services in BOM, at the old international airport.. where outside the terminal, they would greet you and take you inside.
Now with the new BOM airport(it is truly wonderful) that service is no longer there.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 4:09 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Have travelled to Delhi few times this year and no special treatment as GGL.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 4:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, Eurostar CB, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz President Circle
Any idea if this applies to F passengers with lower status?
Old Oct 30, 2019, 4:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by s1362083
I shall ask tonight.
deboyzoned and s1362083 like this.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by deboyzoned
Have travelled to Delhi few times this year and no special treatment as GGL.
This new service started four days ago so that may explain it?
wrp96 and TWCLAM like this.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by s1362083
I checked with the Concorde Team. Sadly not, this only applies to GGL and above and not to passengers traveling in F without that status level.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Concorde Team process part 1

As requested on the phone call I received this morning I called the Concorde Team phone number about 10 minutes prior to arrival at DEL. I went to Gate 8 and was met outside by a lady in a BA uniform who was part of their team.

She explained that the Concorde Team was new and that this was the fourth day of operation. It is only available to those with GGL or above regardless of cabin (i.e. F without GGL or above will not get it). Apparently it's currently in operation at DEL, JFK and one other airport with others to be added soon.

She handed me my boarding passes and we attempted to enter at Gate 8 only to be turned away by the guard and sent to Gate 7. Once inside the airport she gave me a lounge pass amended with a free 15 minute massage which I think is only for passengers in F. I don't normally use these spas and massages but I did have a sore back from slaving over a hot computer all week so I actually used it.

She also asked me whether I would prefer car transport at LHR which I accepted.

Finally, she led me to security and told me I'd be met the other side by a person to take me to the lounge. We parted at that point and she said she'd see me at the gate.

I was indeed met the other side of security and had my massage which was rather pleasant although I've subsequently undone all the benefits by typing this lot on my machine.

Last edited by golfmad; Oct 30, 2019 at 1:56 pm
Old Oct 30, 2019, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Concorde Team process part 2

I headed to the gate and boarding was a little behind schedule. I sat down somewhere reasonably obscure and my friend from earlier came over to say hello. We had a nice chat about the upcoming flight and various other things and she asked if I'd like to board prior to group 1 just after those requiring extra time.

There was two GGLs on the flight. The F cabin was full.

There was a chap who met us both at LHR and drove us to a location just underneath flight connections.

Overall it was a very pleasant experience.

Last edited by golfmad; Oct 31, 2019 at 2:55 am
Old Oct 30, 2019, 1:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Originally Posted by golfmad
This new service started four days ago so that may explain it?
Thanks for the update @golfmad. I’m planning a trip in December 😊
mikeyfly likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.