Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is Cruz Gone? [Rumour]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life
Originally Posted by jackcarr
100% Alex should go. Customer satisfaction regresses to revenue. I don't care how many pointless NPS surveys are marked as positive, the almost predictable, catastrophic operational and IT failures of the past couple of years will very soon show up in the financial statements and he will be forced out.
Are there claims of positive NPS surveys? If so I haven't seen them. Anyway, NPS surveys (even when they are done properly which at BA they are not) are really only a predictor of future behaviour. NPS is not a measure of customers reaction to existing experience. If BA were to better understand what their customers Need, then they might at least be aiming in the right direction with any 'enhancements'. Of course in reality they don't listen to their customers (whatever colour of card they carry), even less their staff on the front-line who do understand what's going on. So if they don't listen to their customers, then they don't understand what they Need and so cannot possibly deliver a good customer experience.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Besides the endless salami slicing how much of the IAG profitability is down to being able due to low fuel prices to continue flying a large fleet of long ago written down gas guzzling 744's on incredibly profitable routes like LHR-JFK? With higher fuel prices BA would have had to have invested in more fuel efficient but expensive aircraft much earlier than they have.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Originally Posted by Crampedin13A
Besides the endless salami slicing how much of the IAG profitability is down to being able due to low fuel prices to continue flying a large fleet of long ago written down gas guzzling 744's on incredibly profitable routes like LHR-JFK? With higher fuel prices BA would have had to have invested in more fuel efficient but expensive aircraft much earlier than they have.
Almost the whole fleet is old! It averages out at about 16 years. The 744 are over 20 years old. I can't think anyone here would dare own and drive a car of that age as their daily runaround.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by icegirl
Almost the whole fleet is old! It averages out at about 16 years. The 744 are over 20 years old. I can't think anyone here would dare own and drive a car of that age as their daily runaround.
The cost of a 747 vs the cost of your car being the main factor here.
opus99 likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I believe BA's fleet age is comparable to other european/american legacy carriers.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Originally Posted by bmibaby737

My new 2019 Range Rover to a used tatty old 747... hmm let me think???

Originally Posted by milkyway88
I believe BA's fleet age is comparable to other european/american legacy carriers.
Any ides what that would be? Qatar airways and Singapore airlines have an average age of around 6 or less!!
Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by bmibaby737

Also the regulations and rigor that define aircraft maintenance, retrofit, and refurbishment.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 2:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
https://www.airfleets.net/ageflotte/...%20Airways.htm

The point I was making was about the 744 fleet. No other large 744 operating airline has been able to keep these gas guzzlers going and making a profit to the same extent. Lufty and KLM are the other 2 and their fleet numbers are down to like a third of BA's now.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 2:02 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

If I might offer some friendly advice. When driving a thread off-topic please please please fact check your info beforehand. Thank you

BA mainline: 13.8 years
BA CityFlyer: 8.95 years

Air France: 13.7 years
KLM: 11.7 years
Lufthansa: 11.9 years
United: 15.5 years
American: 11.1 years
Delta: 15.4 years
Air Canada: 13.4 years
Old Aug 27, 2019, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
I wonder how many of the travel blogs will reporting this as 'news' in the next couple of days all pointing to this thread as somehowbeing the authoritative source ??
Old Aug 27, 2019, 2:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
My new 2019 Range Rover to a used tatty old 747... hmm let me think???

Any ides what that would be? Qatar airways and Singapore airlines have an average age of around 6 or less!!
Lufthansa 296 aircraft ... average age 11.9
BA 277 aircraft.. average age 13.8 years
KLM 120 aircraft , 11,7 years
Air france 222 aircraft 13.7 years
American Airlines 966 aircraft, 11.1 years
United Airlines 786 aircraft, 15.5 years

source planespotters.net

Singapore is listed as 136 aircraft. 6.9 years
Qatar 226 , 6.1 years
qantas 136 and 12 years

Last edited by scottishpoet; Aug 27, 2019 at 2:19 pm
Old Aug 27, 2019, 2:25 pm

Easy man up and tell them! I am not sure if BA has any sort of open door policy or employee feedback scheme or simply send an email and encourage more of your colleagues to do so.
I’ve told my thoughts to managers face to face on courses. One time he just stared at me, said “moving on” very loudly, and just moved on. Another time the manager replied to me that “most suggestions that come from cabin crew are just to give themselves an easy life”.

The other corker of a reply to me was “no you are wrong, D1 will always be opened when the aircraft has WT+ in B zone”.

Many of us literally have spent years trying.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 2:26 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
I wonder how many of the travel blogs will reporting this as 'news' in the next couple of days all pointing to this thread as somehowbeing the authoritative source ??
https://loyaltylobby.com/2019/08/27/...edy-of-errors/

But no HT to FT, just a spurious 'IAG circles'.
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 2:40 pm

I can't think of a single person who spends as many man hours on car maintenance as BA do on their aircraft. Such comparisons as as ridiculous as they are meaningless. It is, however a very good argument against idiots owning self driving cars.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by FeedbirdNiner
https://loyaltylobby.com/2019/08/27/...edy-of-errors/

But no HT to FT, just a spurious 'IAG circles'.
Aww they brought a pic of the hi-viz out especially!

As it the BA server room really that mess of cables? Yeah it's looks photoshopped but it's probbaly not that far off from reality!

And why is there a tub of salt on the table?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.