Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New look to MMB Manage My Booking (June 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New look to MMB Manage My Booking (June 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2019, 5:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
I got given the option to have it on my PC the other day, pressed the option to accept and it glitches out instantly and gave me the original one back.

Today was given the option when viewing MMB through the iOS app. It looks good on the phone although it does require some more digging to reach the information that you want (and then you end up with the old version anyway!).
Old Jun 23, 2019, 5:19 am

Programs: Meow Mix
If anyone uses the ical export functionality, it is currently available on the old MMB and not in the new one thankfully you can switch back.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 1:06 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
New MMB looks stupid on desktops - far too much white space.

Also big loss of functionality - for example nowhere to add OnBusiness number that I can find? (had to revert to old version)
Old Jun 29, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador

They really need to hire some professionals and stop relying on interns and undergraduates.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 12:30 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by megaloman

They really need to hire some professionals and stop relying on interns and undergraduates.
LOL! Like IT folks with advanced degrees are going to work in aviation. There is a lot of competition for the sort of folks that know what they're doing, and aviation is pretty much a dead end for them these days.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 12:35 am

I have some experience in this area. I would be happy to consult for an appropriate fee to help get BAs IT systems into shape. With the amount of work to be done that should take me to retirement!

rb211.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 6:21 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by greg5
LOL! Like IT folks with advanced degrees are going to work in aviation. There is a lot of competition for the sort of folks that know what they're doing, and aviation is pretty much a dead end for them these days.
I know quite a few IT professionals who would happily work for BA (including myself). The problem is in bean counters - professionals are way too expensive, so they keep getting undergraduates and interns.
JAXBA likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 7:23 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by megaloman
I know quite a few IT professionals who would happily work for BA (including myself). The problem is in bean counters - professionals are way too expensive, so they keep getting undergraduates and interns.
Indeed, the accountants are an issue. But if you've never worked in aviation, it's different than your usual IT gig, there's a lot of legacy stuff, because it's certified. You're also a 'cost center'. I've worked in Aviation, and I don't think I'd go back unless I was fairly desperate.
megaloman likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 2:51 pm

Programs: BAEC

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
Thanks for sharing this.

I assume this is website rather than app specific?
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I think it is just tablet and PC versions, not Android or iOS.
Just to come back to this and as per another posters screenshot (further up thread) this is available through iOS app (but as an app web browser mode, safari view in this case) and it’s not great if I’m honest. It doesn’t fit nicely for mobile, it all feels a bit ill fitted. As you see here:

Old Jul 3, 2019, 2:56 pm

Programs: BAEC
Excuse the blue bar at the top of the screenshot, that must be an error
mtikky likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
I feel I have to ask: When there are so many existing little bugs in MMB and associated website areas, who thought that the expenditure of IT resources on doing something comestic like this was a proper priority?
Crampedin13A, EDIflyer and T8191 like this.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 6:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Globaliser
I feel I have to ask: When there are so many existing little bugs in MMB and associated website areas, who thought that the expenditure of IT resources on doing something comestic like this was a proper priority?
Was thinking the same thing myself for the past 2 hours while I have been trying to upgrade a flight on Tuesday. If they could just get the future bookings feature to work reliably that would be useful.
Crampedin13A likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 8:09 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, SkyMiles Gold, Mucci deux fois
2019 and you still can’t scroll through your seat selections on an itinerary without having to go back after each one.

Old Jul 6, 2019, 2:40 pm

Programs: BAEC and Hilton mostly
Wanted to check the selling class of sectors on a current booking - easily done on the old version, but I couldn't find a way on the new version. Feedback sent.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by Tocsin
Wanted to check the selling class of sectors on a current booking - easily done on the old version, but I couldn't find a way on the new version. Feedback sent.
Absolutely agree with this. The new MMB page does not show what fare class flights are booked in. This is easily found on the old version.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.