Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New look to MMB Manage My Booking (June 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New look to MMB Manage My Booking (June 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2020, 3:44 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
For some reason it suddenly foist itself upon me. I persisted until it stopped giving me information (on changing flight day/time) and I got so exasperated that I switched back . Thank heavens one could. After the rubbish that the App has become, they really need to get their act together. Fast.
RB211, LPQ, megaloman and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
For some reason it suddenly foist itself upon me. I persisted until it stopped giving me information (on changing flight day/time) and I got so exasperated that I switched back . Thank heavens one could. After the rubbish that the App has become, they really need to get their act together. Fast.
Mme. Pucci, I am sure you are aware of the incredible reactionary speed, tenacity and customer focus BAs IT department has displayed in the past, and continues to demonstrate to us all on a day to day basis. I am sure you will not be surprised to see that all the gripes and complaints, bugs and issues with both the website and the app (on all platforms) have been fixed the next time you try them.

rb211.

(Alternatively you may find that things are in exactly the same state when you and your hairbrush on your death bed in about 70 years time.)
Old Dec 4, 2020, 6:12 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
It is pants. I know (fortunately) that my flights have changed but there is now no red at all to indicate a change. It was poor before when you had to go into an individual booking before you would get any red warning text but now there is none.

Red text needs to appear in the list of bookings to prompt you to go into MMB and look at it.
T8191 likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
The uselessness on the new MMB continues.
  • Small red dot in MMB for LHR/PHX saying "Cancelled" when, in fact, it's still operating but due to equipment change (to A350-1000) we are re-seated in CW. However, it is impossible to access Seat Change.
  • The "Your new itinerary" ignores the LHR/PHX sectors and instead displays the original JER/UK sectors ... unchanged from when they were booked.
Time to waste time calling BAEC at some point.

Old Dec 8, 2020, 9:32 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by T8191
The uselessness on the new MMB continues.
  • Small red dot in MMB for LHR/PHX saying "Cancelled" when, in fact, it's still operating but due to equipment change (to A350-1000) we are re-seated in CW. However, it is impossible to access Seat Change.
  • The "Your new itinerary" ignores the LHR/PHX sectors and instead displays the original JER/UK sectors ... unchanged from when they were booked.
Time to waste time calling BAEC at some point.

it's horrible, how do we get back to the old version please?
Sealink and T8191 like this.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 9:51 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by firstlight
it's horrible, how do we get back to the old version please?
There's no way if you get the new "disruption resultion page". Once issues are resolved (aka you get rebooked and ticket re-issued), then you'll be able to access the new MMB, where you can (for now) switch back to the previous design.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 6:08 am

This is beginning to bug me now - the disruption resolution page gives very little information. I had a separate email to say that for operational reasons they have had to change my seats - and that I should log onto MMB to see my new seats - but you can't see the new seats until you accept the change. Without doing dummy bookings, or access to the likes of ExpertFlyer, you can't necessarily see which alternative flight you might want. So I don't know whether I want to accept the change because I can't see what seats are available.

For a CE cancellation/change there is not much in it. But for a LHR-JFK where there are several alternative flights, the seat re-assigment might well be more significant.

And although it says 'You can choose to accept, change or cancel your booking', the only buttons it provides are ACCEPT, CHANGE or VOUCHER, which is a bit deceptive. (I know you can go from the voucher page to a refund page - but only because I know)
T8191 likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 6:59 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by vintagepilot
This is beginning to bug me now - the disruption resolution page gives very little information. I had a separate email to say that for operational reasons they have had to change my seats - and that I should log onto MMB to see my new seats - but you can't see the new seats until you accept the change. Without doing dummy bookings, or access to the likes of ExpertFlyer, you can't necessarily see which alternative flight you might want. So I don't know whether I want to accept the change because I can't see what seats are available.
My now rather considerable experience of this is that the Reaccom algorithm tends to get you something close to your original booking. So 3A on 787-8 will become 7A on 787-9, for example. At this stage aircraft are not exactly filled up well in advance. You can also call up, or ask someone to check for you in the Seating thread.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
My now rather considerable experience of this is that the Reaccom algorithm tends to get you something close to your original booking. So 3A on 787-8 will become 7A on 787-9, for example. At this stage aircraft are not exactly filled up well in advance. You can also call up, or ask someone to check for you in the Seating thread.
Yes, I get that, although we were put into 6F&J on a fairly empty 789 - moved ourselves to 7A/B. It is just a labour-intensive option (again - like FTVs) rather than have it all solvable on the website - even LNER do better than that! *

* (Sometimes)
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2020, 6:57 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Agree although the website has always been hopeless with bookings that involve a change in London too (rather than a direct point-to-point ex-LON) - I can't quite fathom why they don't see the benefit in investing a small amount in the IT to facilitate this. As well as being beneficial to their broader customer base it would massively reduce the strain on the call centre, surely precisely what is required at the time of irrops?!
Old Aug 2, 2021, 11:44 am

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Originally Posted by Tocsin
Wanted to check the selling class of sectors on a current booking - easily done on the old version, but I couldn't find a way on the new version. Feedback sent.
has this been resolved? It's two years later and I can't seem to find a way to pull it up?
Old Aug 2, 2021, 11:55 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Nope. Hopefully you can still get to old style MMB using the link at the top of the page and see it there?
Old Apr 15, 2022, 3:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
Nope. Hopefully you can still get to old style MMB using the link at the top of the page and see it there?
I was about to make a new thread on this.

Switching to the old design is literally the first thing I do when entering MMB.

I know BA have bigger fish to fry when it comes to IT.

But the product management side of me immediately is triggered by the website design and user experience, it tells me the designers probably have spent little time engaging with actualy users, and probably the company as a whole is disconnected from the customers needs/preferences of today.
EDIflyer, LPQ, florens and 5 others like this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 3:53 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by BillyBleach
But the product management side of me immediately is triggered by the website design and user experience, it tells me the designers probably have spent little time engaging with actualy users, and probably the company as a whole is disconnected from the customers needs/preferences of today.
It is like the 'flash navigation' the website I was the technical webmaster had. It was the 'cool' new technology at the time, but it wasn't very good, and was pretty annoying, but the web designers liked doing the coding I suppose. It is a problem you get when you leave things to folks that are used to doing 'print' design, and don't worry about functionality.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 3:56 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by greg5
It is like the 'flash navigation' the website I was the technical webmaster had. It was the 'cool' new technology at the time, but it wasn't very good, and was pretty annoying, but the web designers liked doing the coding I suppose. It is a problem you get when you leave things to folks that are used to doing 'print' design, and don't worry about functionality.
Is not good 'print' design either. Its just plain awful!
greg5 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.