Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A genuine question for rude BA passengers

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2019, 8:55 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I can see where you are coming from, in that when someone is behaving weirdly, it does make you wonder if it's caused by something, be it medication or alcohol or whatever*, or whether the person is just plain rude and weird.
However, I don't think asking that question to a rude person would get anywhere.

*Rather than the implication that they have an underlying medical conditions such as a mental illness, the question here is, did they take something that might have affected their normal inhibition, e.g. anxiolytic, sleeping tablets, alcohol, or both etc.
Wouldn't asking either question would be rude in itself ?
AnaTravel likes this.
Old May 25, 2019, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you

Yes that’s correct, just like I don’t like announcements thanking the crew for their hard work I prefer meaningful feedback and before anyone says so this means all fleets.
If you mean a general announcement thanking crew for their hard work - broadcast to all customers, I agree. That could be problematic. The incident I referred to was simply a conversation between CSM and his team in the galley.
Old May 25, 2019, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
My answer was in two parts.
Old May 25, 2019, 9:03 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by rickg523
So I was on a flight a while back and the passenger had both Gucci's (?) planted on the bulkhead.
Pre-flight, the Captain does a stroll through the premium cabin and on his back to the cockpit, he stops short at row 1.
Capt: Comfortable?
Pax: Uh huh
Capt: You find it acceptable if someone comes into your office and puts their feet up on your wall like that? This is my crew's and my place of work. Would you mind affording us the same level of courtesy you would expect from visitors to your place of work? Thanks.
Feet stayed on the floor for the entire flight.
If I knew who that Captain was I would give him a Golden Ticket on the spot. Bravo for saying what I would be thinking. How they slob around in their own houses is - thank God - no concern of mine, what brand it is, is of little interest, the idea of putting your feet on the bulkhead is clearly as repellent to the Captain as it is to me.
rickg523 and DiamondMile like this.
Old May 25, 2019, 9:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The sad thing is that I've seen people put their feet (with shoes) up on the wall (and leave very noticeable black marks on white paint) in other peoples' homes. The time I especially remember, the offender was a younger business colleague and the host did say something about whether the transgressor would do this in his own home. IMO the kid wasn't sufficiently embarrassed or apologetic. I would bet that the host still remembers the incident every time he looks at that wall. Career suicide to some extent.....
Old May 25, 2019, 11:39 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The sad thing is that I've seen people put their feet (with shoes) up on the wall (and leave very noticeable black marks on white paint) in other peoples' homes. The time I especially remember, the offender was a younger business colleague and the host did say something about whether the transgressor would do this in his own home. IMO the kid wasn't sufficiently embarrassed or apologetic. I would bet that the host still remembers the incident every time he looks at that wall. Career suicide to some extent.....
I have just seen a photo on Facebook of some woman in Business Class (I think) with Qatar (I think) with her legs on the top of the seat pod in front of her.
Old May 25, 2019, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by OUTraveling
I just prefer putting a uniformed law enforcement officer on all flights armed with a ticket book. Just start handing out fines and if the traveler does not pay put them on the Do Not Fly List until they do
But then that "marshal" would be judge and jury both. People will scream and challenge it every time.
AnaTravel likes this.
Old May 25, 2019, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HMPS
But then that "marshal" would be judge and jury both. People will scream and challenge it every time.
Just like happens all over. The answer is "Tell it to the judge." In this case, the judge being the airline.
And just like in traffic court, the judge will be predisposed to take the word of the "disinterested" officer just doing his job over the alleged violator.
Plenty of opportunity for abuse? Sure. But, again, just like in the enforcement of traffic laws the very fact that it's hard and rare to get a ticket rescinded keeps most people from just doing whatever the heck they please on the road.
Old May 26, 2019, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by Woodbinerich

I find this rude! My current view
I've never particularly cared about this as realistically, it's only ⅛th worse than crossing your feet and resting your ankle on your knee with the nasty sole on full display and possibly brushing against others. Also, this had to be uncomfortable as hell.
Old May 26, 2019, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by herzmeh
I've never particularly cared about this as realistically, it's only ⅛th worse than crossing your feet and resting your ankle on your knee with the nasty sole on full display and possibly brushing against others. Also, this had to be uncomfortable as hell.
Recall in many cultures it is insulting to the other if the your sole ( shoes or not). is visible. So that would be crossing TWO boundaries.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.