Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CW - Very disappointing

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2019, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
generally agree, except for upper deck 747, then it's nice.
Old May 18, 2019, 12:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
I don’t understand people’s reluctance to use the call button in cases where a requested drink doesn’t arrive or there are no crew around to offer a refill. It is very effective and generally gets a fast response. It often also triggers subsequent proactive refills from the crew.
Old May 18, 2019, 1:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by rickg523
The theme on this thread suggests BA's new ad campaign:
British Airways Club World - Don't Expect Too Much
You could say the same for all other cabin classes from what you read on here.
There's no doubt just like any other airline BA doesn't get it right all the time.....even I've had the odd service cock-up years before WW and AC appeared on the scene. That doesn't mean to say it's the norm....far from it.
nancypants likes this.
Old May 18, 2019, 2:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BA Amex Premier
Originally Posted by Misco60
The only consistent thing about the service on BA is its inconsistency.
I've been trying to find a way to describe BA for years and this sums it up in a nutshell.
Old May 18, 2019, 2:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by gilfiom
I've been trying to find a way to describe BA for years and this sums it up in a nutshell.
Well seen you don't browse the forum very often. 😁
gilfiom likes this.
Old May 18, 2019, 2:30 pm

So the surprising thing is the lack of booze. BA crew have always seemed very eager to help me pour as much as possible down my throat as quickly as I can. They have even seemed a bit miffed if I decline on the occasions I have a car to drive on arrival.
Crofton138 likes this.
Old May 18, 2019, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HIDDY
You could say the same for all other cabin classes from what you read on here.
There's no doubt just like any other airline BA doesn't get it right all the time.....even I've had the odd service cock-up years before WW and AC appeared on the scene. That doesn't mean to say it's the norm....far from it.
Well, I wasn't really commenting on BA, per se.
​​​​​​I stopped flying BA after a series of (to me, at least) significant service failures in the dark days of 2014-15, also known as the Age of Enhancement.
I have no idea how BA is these days. (But I follow this forum because I appreciate the general quality of the discussion and the knowledge applicable to flying in general that's shared).
I was more commenting on the general tone of this particular thread.
HIDDY likes this.
Old May 18, 2019, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
The first time I saw the crew have to hand my food and drink over the passenger next to me was when I knew CW was a one time thing for me.
Old May 19, 2019, 1:49 am

Programs: BA Blue, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold
It’s a shame you had a bad experience. I don’t fly business very option so when I do it’s a treat. I flew CW to NRT last week and the service was good although I do wonder if the crew are set up to fail with the SOP. We were in the second from last row of CW and it took 80 minutes from taking off to get a drink. The crew were running around during this time serving other rows ahead of us but it was a bit frustrating. Once we finally did get a drink the service was great and the new food and bedding great. But as I usually fly economy maybe I’m easily impressed :-)
Old May 19, 2019, 1:57 am

Programs: BA Gold AVIS Presidents Club
Currently awaiting last Prg leg after another BA16 BA12 odyssey in F and can only add that unfortunately this variation in service standards is not only confined to J. BA16 cabin crew lady serving my side missed a drink order with my starter (needed reminding when clearing the plate). Also I needed to request cutlery after the main course arrived; there was no olive oil presented (not loaded apparently after my query). And to top it all off the fillet of australian beef with borderlaise sauce and anchovy buttter was missing the sauce. I could see the butter and when I queried this she returned to the galley and then came back with an explanation that the sauce was mixed together with the anchovy butter ??.... which it patently wasnt. But not knowing what a borderlaise sauce should look like and being a very easy to please conflict avoiding type I let it go, but after a bit of reflection (this is First after all I thought) I did get up mid meal to retrieve my phone from the overhead to take a pic of the 3/4 eaten meal sans sauce. Next leg on BA12 was very good as usual.
I for one would find it very useful if it were possible for those that know to publish the service standard that we are paying for and should therefore expect. e.g.nuts or no nuts in F with pre departure drink? This trip BA 16 no nuts - BA 12 nuts galore!

OF

Last edited by OldFruity; May 19, 2019 at 2:19 am Reason: Added comments
Old May 19, 2019, 2:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, BA GGL/CCR, TK Elite Plus, Marriott Gold4Lyfe, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Tesco Blue
I never understood the "the crew was too rushed" excuse on an 8 hour-55-minute sector length like LGW-KIN. Then again, I guess if they took their time to properly serve everyone, then the complaints would be that the service was too slow.
Old May 19, 2019, 2:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, EK, Hilton H, Starwood, A-Club
Originally Posted by Andriyko
Not only feeding back after the flight but also speaking to the SCCM on board. Feeding back after the flight won't change the experience on that flight whereas complaining or pointing out the shortfalls on board can help improve things. Not getting drinks should be addressed on the spot.
I did and he just shrugged his shoulders as if it couldn't really be fussed.
Old May 19, 2019, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by Bluecardholder
I did and he just shrugged his shoulders as if it couldn't really be fussed.
This is so poor. Perhaps with leadership like that it may explain the sloppy service. This has been going on for ages now, it is about time BA made some big decisions to sort out this ongoing problem with delivering the current CW SOP. Bring back trolleys?
Bluecardholder likes this.

Last edited by Flexible preferences; May 19, 2019 at 2:43 am Reason: typo
Old May 19, 2019, 2:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, EK, Hilton H, Starwood, A-Club
Originally Posted by Can I help you
There are 3 crew working in CW on the LGW based 32 configured B777 which in my opinion is a good ratio, they should be able to give a great service but to me it sounds like the OP had a duff crew combined with incorrect expectations of the BA product.
Not sure what you mean but "incorrect expectations"? I paid for a seat in J, and I expected a J class service. From your reply, it seems I should have expected Ryanair service and it would have been a bonus to get food and drink at all even if it were thrown at me. It does annoy me when people say, well its BA, what do you expect? I expect what I paid for. End of.
dubistokay likes this.
Old May 19, 2019, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Cannot be bothered to answer your questions as you haven’t bothered reading my replies!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.