Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CW - Very disappointing

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2019, 4:47 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
BA J is woefully off the mark these days, both in terms of hard and soft product. I flew out to the USA last week with AA on their 777 in J and the hard product is light years ahead of BA. It's not QR and their amazing Q Suite product but it's a perfectly acceptable J product. In my opinion CW isn't and I now do everything I can to avoid flying it.

BA crew are often very good but it is hit and miss as mentioned by many posters. I much prefer Asian carriers in this respect, particularly CX whose crew almost always get it just right from my perspective. I'm flying with them to Perth next month and am actively looking forward to it whereas I certainly wouldn't if I were flying BA.
Old May 19, 2019, 5:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
OP's experience sounds underwhelming rather than terrible.

I used to love the Club Kitchen, but it does seem to be a rather pointless these days as there seems to be anything there.
Old May 19, 2019, 6:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

A look at the other airline forums on FT shows it's impossible to please everyone all the time.
tmac100, wrp96 and nancypants like this.
Old May 20, 2019, 6:26 am

Programs: Aadvantage platinum; IHG Spire
We recently flew LHR - SYD via PVG in CW - one leg on BA and one leg on Qantas each way. BA was acceptable - didn't wow but perfectly acceptable. Very good at topping up drinks etc.

Qantas was excellent. I hadn't flown Qantas biz for 10 years and the difference was night and day to both the previous experience and BA. The hard product seemed new and was very well laid out with good storage, and the seats had a massage function built in :-) The food was excellent, great wines which were well presented and the staff were faultless.

The Qantas lounges are also excellent both in Sydney and LHR.
Old May 20, 2019, 6:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by Donsyb
We recently flew LHR - SYD via PVG in CW - one leg on BA and one leg on Qantas each way. BA was acceptable - didn't wow but perfectly acceptable. Very good at topping up drinks etc.

Qantas was excellent. I hadn't flown Qantas biz for 10 years and the difference was night and day to both the previous experience and BA. The hard product seemed new and was very well laid out with good storage, and the seats had a massage function built in :-) The food was excellent, great wines which were well presented and the staff were faultless.

The Qantas lounges are also excellent both in Sydney and LHR.
Love Qantas, they have a real passion for food and drink which makes the flight much more of an occasion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.