Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA pulling Kiev and St Petersburg routes effective 4 Oct 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA pulling Kiev and St Petersburg routes effective 4 Oct 2019

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2019, 1:21 pm

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
So it seems like my call just to see if rebooking rules had been published last Sunday evening which actually resulted in me getting re booked ahead of them publishing them paid off nicely as we secured the AY routing we desired.

Looking forward to trying out the AY business class and flying on an A350-9
Old May 24, 2019, 12:55 am

Programs: BA Silver
Got my flights from KBP-LHR sorted (Not sure the agent did it correctly though) We are now flying via DUS with UIA then onto LHR with BA.
Does anyone know if I will still receive Tier points and avios for the entire journey as it is still on a BA 125 ticket ?
Thanks in advance
Old May 24, 2019, 12:57 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by dazwilkinson
Got my flights from KBP-LHR sorted (Not sure the agent did it correctly though) We are now flying via DUS with UIA then onto LHR with BA.
Does anyone know if I will still receive Tier points and avios for the entire journey as it is still on a BA 125 ticket ?
Thanks in advance
Yes, you should but it almost certainly won't be automatic. Just claim for it after the trip has been completed and leaving it for a few days. There are some more details in the Original Routing Credit (ORC) guide in the BA Forum Dashboard.
Old May 24, 2019, 2:19 am

Programs: BA Silver
Thank you everyone for all your help.
I would of been really stuck without all your help

Thank you
Old May 24, 2019, 2:23 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by krispy84
Perhaps I’m old fashioned, but:

Continental Europe = continuous landmass within the continent of Europe.
That excludes most of Stockholm since it's an archipelago
dazwilkinson likes this.
Old May 24, 2019, 2:33 am

Sorted Going out LCY - via MUC and returning via FRA to LCY The LCY is a bit of a bonus as I live in Essex and much easier to get there/ I chose preferred flights and gave them to agent

UGH but just noticed they have not added my partner on the return booking
Old May 24, 2019, 4:03 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by TWCLAM
I have just been re booked LHR-HEL ( AY) HEL-LED( N7)

For the sake of clarity: refer to that HEL-LED segment as AY, unless you mean the metal used, which is N7. It's indeed operated by Norra (N7), but it has no N7 coding, just like none of any other flights operated by them under the usual wetlease for AY. It's a Finnair service effectively.

Originally Posted by TWCLAM
That said as there were only 5 seats left on the flight ( in business class) despite it being 5 months away it was possibly a good move
It was perhaps OW FFP earningswise a smart move to change already, but as for space availability, there's nothing special with the number of seats available in C, as it's a small Embraer with just a few rows of C. I would've probably myself persuaded to have BA to DME and S7 in Y to LED. A reroute via HEL would've been the other option I'd gone for. The *A options aren't interesting from a FFP perspective.
Old May 30, 2019, 8:58 am

Any more rebooking info on this please?

Hi all,

any further rebooking info on this at all please? SAS would be fine for the return LED-LHR but no flights at all on the outward LHR-LED either on the day I have already booked with BA, nor the previous day. That leaves me what ba.com's own website suggests when searching the route LHR-LED, either via Moscow or Helsinki with BA or Finnair and onward with S7 or Globus but no rebooking guidelines issued yet for those it seems? Am I right?

Thanks so much.
Old May 30, 2019, 9:19 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Here is the latest which is dated 24 May

Kiev & St. Petersburg suspension - Customer Guidelines Answer Id 7480 Updated 24/05/2019 10.02 AM (BST)
Summary
For commercial reasons, British Airways has announced the suspension of services between London Heathrow (LHR) and Kiev (KBP) and St. Petersburg (LED) from 4 October 2019. The last date of operation for both Kiev and St. Petersburg will be 3 October 2019.

KBP suspension - Update 1 issued 23 May 2019 at 1815 hours
Advice for British Airways-125 ticketed customers whose BA flight is CANCELLED

Route affected - London (LHR) – Kiev (KBP)
Tickets issued by - 17 May 2019
Ticket travel dates - From 4 October 2019 onwards

Rebooking Allowance on BA - Rebook onto any British Airways operated service between London (LHR) and Kiev (KBP) or v.v. departing on or before 3 October 2019. Rebook into the same class as original or the lowest class available in the same cabin. Alternatively follow all rebooking or refund options from standard customer guidelines

Rebooking Allowance on Lufthansa (LH) - Rebook onto Lufthansa (LH) services between Munich (MUC) or Frankfurt (FRA) and Kiev (KBP) or v.v. as close to the original travel date as possible but not earlier than 4 October 2019.

Rebook into the following booking classes:

Business – P/Z/D/C/J
Economy – K/L/T/S/W/V/Q/H/U/M/B/Y

Then rebook a connecting British Airways operated service between Frankfurt (FRA) or Munich (MUC) and London (LHR) or v.v. Rebook into the same class as original or if not available the lowest class in the same cabin

Must add: OS SK INVOL LH/BA AGREEMENT

Additional Information - Redemptions included

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin/Destination/Stopover changes - Yes as per standard customer guidelines
Refunds Allowed - Yes as per standard customer guidelines

Important Information - One involuntary ticket change allowed, this includes any refund which once actioned is not reversible. Do not rebook onto any other carrier unless allowed in the fare rules of the ticket OR until an involuntary rebooking option is published above. Adherence to commercial policies/conditions of carriage guidelines remains entirely the responsibility of the user. BA reserves the right to withdraw guidelines at any time

LED suspension - Update 2 issued on 23 May 2019 at 1650 hours
The following guidelines are available to assist our ticketed customers booked to travel after these dates. Advice for British Airways-125 ticketed customers whose BA flight is CANCELLED

Route affected - London (LHR) – St. Petersburg (LED)
Tickets issued by - 17 May 2019
Ticket travel dates - 4 October 2019 onwards

Rebooking Allowance on BA - Rebook onto any British Airways operated service between London (LHR) and St. Petersburg (LED) or v.v. departing on or before 3 October 2019. Rebook into the same class as original or the lowest class available in the same cabin.

Alternatively follow all rebooking or refund options from standard customer guidelines

OPTION 1

Rebooking Allowance on Lufthansa (LH) - Rebook onto Lufthansa (LH) servicesbetween Munich (MUC) or Frankfurt (FRA) and St. Petersburg (LED) or v.v. as close to the original travel date as possible but not earlier than 4 October 2019. Rebook into the following booking classes:

Business – P/Z/D/C/J
Economy – K/L/T/S/W/V/Q/H/U/M/B/Y

Then rebook a connecting British Airways operated service between Frankfurt (FRA) or Munich (MUC) and London (LHR) or v.v. Rebook into the same class as original or if not available the lowest class in the same cabin

Must add: OS LH INVOL LH/BA AGREEMENT

OPTION 2

Rebooking Allowance on SAS (SK) - Rebook onto SAS (SK) services between Stockholm (ARN) or Copenhagen (CPH) and St. Petersburg (LED) or v.v. as close to the original travel date as possible but not earlier than 4 October 2019. Must rebook into the following booking classes:

Business – C/D/Z/I
Economy – E/M/H/Q/V/W/U/K/L/T/O/G/X/N

Then rebook a connecting British Airways operated service between Stockholm (ARN) or Copenhagen (CPH) and London (LON) or v.v. Rebook into the same class as original or if not available the lowest class in the same cabin. If a connecting British Airways service is not available you may rebook a SAS (SK)operated service between Stockholm (ARN) or Copenhagen (CPH) and London (LON) or v.v. using the boking classes above

Must add: OS SK INVOL SK/BA AGREEMENT

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Origin/Destination/Stopover changes
- Yes as per standard customer guidelines
Refunds Allowed - Yes as per standard customer guidelines
Important Information - One involuntary ticket change allowed, this includes any refund which once actioned is not reversible. Do not rebook onto any other carrier unless allowed in the fare rules of the ticket OR until an involuntary rebooking option is published above. Adherence to commercial policies/conditions of carriage guidelines remains entirely the responsibility of the user. BA reserves the right to withdraw guidelines at any time.
DeathSlam likes this.
Old May 30, 2019, 11:20 pm

Is it normal for BA to up its pricing on a route such as LED when a decision like this has been made? Myself and my colleague have seen prices roughly double what we’re used to on the flights we need between now and October.

The cynic in me would put this down to BA no longer being interested in being competitive on the route and just wanting to get what they can out of the regular business travellers between now and them ceasing to operate it?
Old May 30, 2019, 11:44 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Joshm300
just wanting to get what they can
This would describe any airline out there...
Old May 31, 2019, 2:43 am

Thanks for further update

Thanks @KARFA that was really helpful since BA are still pushing the ''refund only" on LED despite the facts presented here on rebooking
Old May 31, 2019, 6:39 am

Called in about my KBP booking. Agent initially pushed for refund when I didn't want to move my flights pre Oct 4, finally got rebooked to LH MUC-KBP-FRA.
Didn't occur to me during call that LH charges for seat selection (I'm BAEC Silver, so would have been free on BA flight), it's hand baggage allowance is considerably smaller than BA's and I won't have lounge access in KBP (nor in MUC, but irrelevant due to shortish connection) as I hold no status with *A. Is it worth giving BA another call and ask at least seat selection fees to be reimbursed?
Old May 31, 2019, 6:53 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Joshm300
Is it normal for BA to up its pricing on a route such as LED when a decision like this has been made? Myself and my colleague have seen prices roughly double what we’re used to on the flights we need between now and October.

The cynic in me would put this down to BA no longer being interested in being competitive on the route and just wanting to get what they can out of the regular business travellers between now and them ceasing to operate it?
I've looked at the fares filed for LHRLED both for a ticket issued today and for a hypothetical ticket issued in March this year, and if anything, I'm actually seeing some lower price points having been added, in both cabins.

Availability on the other hand, that may be different, either due to demand, or manipulation. Can't tell, but it would be odd for BA to add lower price points, but then restrict availability.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 6:05 am

A further rebook option can now be offered for Kiev. Ukraine International Airlines....LGW/KBP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.